JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 08.09.2011, 10:06
JD Manager

what memleak? jd is set to use max 512mb heap. in case your java process uses more than ca. 600mb then its a memleak inside firewall/av. nothing unusual and has happened before aswell
Old 08.09.2011, 13:06
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
what memleak? jd is set to use max 512mb heap. in case your java process uses more than ca. 600mb then its a memleak inside firewall/av. nothing unusual and has happened before aswell
I am puzzled, what firewall? I am using W2K SP4 Server and no third party firewall. Wrt av, I have been using *the same* McAfee (up to date, of course) for almost 5 years now and it is rock solid.... albeit a tad overzealous.
Old 08.09.2011, 13:08
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
maybe provide one of these logfiles? you have yet to provide anything useful as the previous logs where only from testing?. If you start windows_createlog.bat , it will log to file you can then upload via http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/

cheers
I will, I did not bother running JD to a crash point while doing tests since it take a few days. All the confirmation I needed for testing was that the total mem:

1 - Kept growing
2 - Did not diminish upon removing (a *significant*) amount of files from queue.
Old 08.09.2011, 14:36
English Supporter

Well without real indication (useful logs) of what might be causing the problem, we may as well close this thread. You haven't provided us with the necessary information to diagnose. We have already given you the possible causes/solutions, which are educated guesses at best based on conversation within this thread. The only other aid we can use is teamviewer but that's probably pointless also as it takes a long time to occur.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 08.09.2011, 18:29
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
Well without real indication (useful logs) of what might be causing the problem, we may as well close this thread. You haven't provided us with the necessary information to diagnose. We have already given you the possible causes/solutions, which are educated guesses at best based on conversation within this thread. The only other aid we can use is teamviewer but that's probably pointless also as it takes a long time to occur.
Yes, and I appreciate the effort *very* much. As I said before, I'll post the log when it collapses. Meantime, as a diagnosis aid, mem size, java version(s) and config corruption can be discarded as sources of the error, which, is a step in the right direction.