JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 24.03.2009, 14:56
remi

Question progress indicator

Why are deactivated (not downloaded) links not counted in the progress indicator?

I have packages that contain some deactivated links, but the progress indicator at package level indicates 100%.

There is also no progress indication at the link level, when the link is deactivated.

I would say that when a link is deactivated and not downloaded, the progress would be 0%.

It's possible that I'm stupid, but please, try to clarify the progress indicator to me. What does it measure exactly and what is its purpose?

The reason why I ask this, is that I've already removed packages with progress=100%. I thought they were completed, but they contained deactivated links and these links were lost...

Last edited by remi; 24.03.2009 at 15:01.
Old 27.03.2009, 11:28
remi

Cool

Since nobody seems to be able to answer this question, this thread should be moved to the bugs section of this forum.

Thanks in advance.
Old 27.03.2009, 12:59
Ultra Loader

I think that the progress bar only counts the active download.

If you deactivate a link, the bar doesn't count it.
Old 27.03.2009, 13:24
Rainman

but at least after a successful unpacking of all files within the package it should indicate "100 %" in package status, so that you know that this package is finished.
Old 18.04.2009, 12:05
remi

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apicio View Post
I think that the progress bar only counts the active download.

If you deactivate a link, the bar doesn't count it.
IMO, (temporary) deactivated links should be counted as well.
Old 18.04.2009, 12:10
JD Manager

how to differ between disabled and temp. disabled links!?
not possible, so just dont count them. there is a reasen jd or the user disabled it....
Old 18.04.2009, 14:55
remi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
how to differ between disabled and temp. disabled links!?
not possible, so just dont count them. there is a reasen jd or the user disabled it....
Whatever the reason for the (temporary) deactivation (jD problem or customer action), as long as they have not been deleted by the customer, they should be counted. The status of a link doesn't matter.

It's not because the link has been deactivated, that it no longer exists. The link can still be enabled by the customer. Its progress should be 0% by default.

Another example. When the file corresponding to a link can no longer be downloaded, because it does no longer exist on the hoster, it should still be counted as 0%.

The progress indicator at package level should indicate the progress of all the links, and not only the links that have been successfully downloaded.

BTW, why does jD show the progress of downloading links and not of links with other status? I've tons of links with [wait for new ip] status. The progress of those links should be 0% as well.

Last edited by remi; 18.04.2009 at 14:58. Reason: spelling
Old 18.04.2009, 16:05
JD Manager

it does not make sense to count deactivated links to the progress of the package:
for example mirror detection, i add up 4files from 4 hoster, now i load the package and at the end there are 4 files loaded and finsushed and the rest is deactivated, there is no sense to show the progress nit complete, because it IS.
Old 18.04.2009, 19:34
remi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
it does not make sense to count deactivated links to the progress of the package:
for example mirror detection, i add up 4files from 4 hoster, now i load the package and at the end there are 4 files loaded and finsushed and the rest is deactivated, there is no sense to show the progress nit complete, because it IS.
I understand the following from your example :- you have the same file, but from 4 different hosters (mirrors). One of them is downloaded and the others are deactivated, because they all represent the same file.

Mirror files can be detected automatically by jD and should be deleted automatically when one of them has been downloaded successfully. Deactivation is not the good status, because when the customer evacuates the downloaded file to another partition/disk to obtain more space, the deactivated links can still be enabled by the customer. The risk of downloading the same file again is too high...

I hope I understood you well...:unsure:

Maybe, the term "progress" should be replaced by "Completion", just like in Azureus. Completion reflects the amount of the torrent that has been downloaded in comparison to all the files of the torrent, not only those that have a normal/high priority.
Old 19.04.2009, 14:08
remi

I've detected yet another hole in the progress indicator logic :-

I've a package in my download list for which all links are deactivated, but the package has 0% progress. This is exactly how it should be.

I obtained this result by deactivating some links before starting downloading the files in the package. Then I deleted all links from the package for which the files were downloaded.