JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 29.01.2018, 11:09
JD Manager

Exclamation RecaptchaV2, Browser Extension/ MyJDownloader

English:

Google is going to shut down old RecaptchaV1 in March 2018, see developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/faq

In order to solve those RecaptchaV2, you either need
1.) the MyJDownloader browser extension, see https://my.jdownloader.org/apps/

--a MyJDownloader account is NOT required for the RecaptchaV2 support

--the extension is required since 25 October 2017 because Google has closed the old *door* JDownloader has used in order to process those captcha (sources: https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=75363 and see section "I'm getting an error "Localhost is not in the list of supported domains". on developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/faq)

--the extension is supported by Firefox 53+, Chrome and Opera. Edge is in development. You can easily setup a different browser than your default one, see https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=75363
--please make sure you've enabled *Dialog in Browser* in Settings-Captcha within JDownloader

or

2.) the android/ios MyJDownloader app that supports solving RecaptchaV2. https://my.jdownloader.org/apps/
--a MyJDownloader account is required
--the ios app is developed/provided by a 3rd party developer and the RecaptchaV2 support is only available in paid version

Deutsch:

Google wird das alte RecaptchaV2 im März diesen Jahres abschalten, siehe developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/faq

Um auch weiterhin RecaptchaV2 lösen zu können, gibt es zwei Möglichkeiten:
1.) Die MyJDownloader Browser Erweiterung, siehe https://my.jdownloader.org/apps/
--ein MyJDownloader Account wird für die reine RecaptchaV2 Unterstützung NICHT benötigt
--die Erweiterung wird seit dem 25 Oktober letzten Jahres benötigt, da Google die alte *Tür* geschlossen hat, welche vom JDownloader genutzt wurde, um RecaptchaV2 zu verarbeiten, siehe https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=75363 und "I'm getting an error "Localhost is not in the list of supported domains". This was working before, what should I do?" auf developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/faq
--die Erweiterung unterstützt Firefox 53+, Opera und Chome. Unterstützung für Edge ist noch in Entwicklung. Man kann im JDownloader einen anderen Browser als dem im System hinterlegten angeben, siehe https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=75363
--im JDownloader muss in den Einstellungen-Captchas die Option "Dialog im Browser" aktiviert sein

oder

2.) die Android/iOS MyJDownloader App, welche ebenfalls RecaptchaV2 unterstützt, siehe https://my.jdownloader.org/apps/
--ein MyJDownloader Account wird benötigt
--die iOS App wird von einem Dritthersteller entwickelt und RecaptchaV2 Unterstützung gibt es nur in der Kaufversion der App

Last edited by Jiaz; 29.01.2018 at 11:33.
Old 04.03.2018, 11:13
Hanschui
Message deleted by coalado. Reason: Troll
Old 08.03.2018, 20:30
BugMeNot Account

When can we expect **External links are only visible to Support Staff**PaleMoon add-on?
Old 09.03.2018, 10:35
JD Manager

PaleMoon does not and will probably never support WebExtensions, see
github.com/MoonchildProductions/Pale-Moon/issues/1541
Old 13.03.2018, 01:50
JD Alpha

Question

Is the MyJDownloader browser extension for Opera still supported? I see it is behind Firefox and Chrome:
Code:
2018-03-06, 3.2.18 Firefox
2018-02-27, 3.2.16 Chrome
2018-01-17, 3.2.13 Opera
Old 13.03.2018, 09:48
JD Manager

We are still waiting for opera to review the update and release it. Should happen anytime soon
Old 13.03.2018, 10:31
JD Alpha

Question

I did not realize that's how the system worked. Thank you for the information. Does Opera review every update, and do you expect smaller updates' reviews to take less time? I'm new to the MyJDownloader browser extension and am not familiar with update timing in the past.

I see that Opera manually reviews every extension for added security, whereas Firefox and Chrome reviews are automated. I suppose there are two sides to every coin. At least one developer (Opera forum post 130174) has reported a faster response time by adding comments indicating changes.

Last edited by God; 13.03.2018 at 10:48. Reason: Removed link.
Old 13.03.2018, 10:44
JD Manager

Opera makes no statements how long update reviews will take so we can just wait.
Old 16.05.2018, 13:00
whismerhill

It seems like the two options : "autoopen & autoclick recaptcha"
are detected by recaptcha v2 over a long period of time, and after a time will increase the demands for captchas (e.g. you'll get 4 or 5 verifications instead of 1)

After a cooldown of several days & disabling those options, seems like it returned to normal verifications.

EDIT: ho also, unrelated to the above but the window in Jdownloader that opens with those options, refuses to close in case I want to cancel/close it without doing the captcha or if the captcha failed for some reason.

Last edited by whismerhill; 16.05.2018 at 13:04.
Old 16.05.2018, 13:09
JD Manager

@whismerhill: Thanks for the feedback! yes, we also share the same discovery with you. Speed and Amount of captchas has huge impact on captcha complexity.

The dialog close issue is known and *may* happen if the JDownloader window is minimized while the Captcha dialog is open. Can you confirm that this is the case for you?
Old 16.05.2018, 20:06
whismerhill

@Jiaz
for the dialog close issue
I can't confirm nor deny whether it's related to the minimize window
I've been trying to reproduce it manually without being successful

I just know that after a while of JD being open, if a JD captcha window was left open, then it won't close, only restarting JD works.
if a pattern arises I'll let you know.
Old 16.05.2018, 20:09
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback! There might be other situations as well but I can reproduce it very often when I minimize the window while the dialog is open.
Old 31.05.2018, 10:35
whismerhill

the dialog close issue only happen :
when either auto-click/auto-open are enabled

if both of those options are disabled then the issue with captcha windows on the JD side being unable to be closed doesn't appear at all.

I suspect this might be caused when the computer is left unattended & captcha windows pile up being unanswered (but auto-opened & auto-clicked)

(those conclusions are drawn basing on the fact that the issue isn't yet solved with recent updates, I haven't tested that it happens recently by reusing those options since those also cause google recaptcha to annoy users with more verifications)
Old 01.06.2018, 12:08
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback on this issue. The issue is not solved yet and I can randomly reproduce the issue myself
Old 17.11.2018, 01:21
drlsmg

Q: JDownloader opens the "Browser Extension Needed" page for captcha in Chrome, and stops there for some hosts, eg NOVAFILE and RAPIDGATOR.

I have installed the JD extension some months back. Today I deleted it and reinstalled it just to be sure it is the latest version. I have a JDownloader login active. It still stops on the Browser Extension Needed page.

Why would it stop on the Browser Extension Needed page?

Any clues? Team viewer capable.
Old 06.03.2019, 18:32
JD Alpha

Hi all,

I'm using Basilisk Browser (I'll gladly explain why, but it will be long and probably you don't care) but sadly Basilisk dropped support for webextension and now only uses XUL. Is there any chance,
a) to reroute JDownloader's captcha-to-Browser request to not the standard Browser?
or b)
that there will be a myDownloader .xpi that works on basilisk?
Old 06.03.2019, 20:01
JD Manager

@lolcat:
a.) Sure, that's possible, take a look at https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...29&postcount=3
you can customize the command line, %s will be replaced by the URL by JD.

b.) you might wanna try the ff 48 xpi, from https://my.jdownloader.org/apps/
(no promises)

I would suggest to go with a.) and setup ff or chome and setup JD to use those for the captchas and then you can still use Basilisk Browser for daily work
Old 07.03.2019, 03:57
JD Alpha

Thank you for the help.
The old Fx extension seems to be webex too.
But the workaround with GeneralSettings.browsercommandline and Fx works fine! Would've been really annoying to set the default browser to Fx and then back to Basilisk every time I use JD.
Old 07.03.2019, 10:14
JD Manager

You're welcome I wonder why Basilisk will drop webextensions as it's the future and all other browsers dropping support for non webextensions.
Old 08.03.2019, 23:04
JD Alpha

The reasons given are:
  • Increasing disparity with the "gecko" target.
  • The large security attack surface WEs pose. Some taste of that became public knowledge recently with web content being able to steal browser data through WEs.
  • Aside from that though, there is constant upkeep in security bugs (undisclosed) dealing with WEs.
  • The non-native nature of WE interface elements in a XUL-based application. A whole bunch of hacks are needed to integrate web content widgets in the XUL UIs.
  • XUL extensions already offer anything WEs can do, and then some, without the need for writing new WE APIs for specific extensions, each with their own maintenance and risks.
(src: Their main dev Moonchild on "Basilisk's experimental WebExtension support will be dropped." )
Personally I think I'm not doing them too much wrong if I say that they think it is going to be too much maintenance work to do for the relatively small team.
And yes, this is no longterm solution at all. Still I think it is my best option for now and I hope for a few more years.
Old 05.05.2019, 19:41
_zaphod77_

Installing this extension causes recaptcha to out you into the evil spammer group. after one day of use you will get anywhere for 5 to TEN challenges per attempt, many with unreasonably distorted images.

and the extension has never actually solved any itself for me.

i had to uninstall it and only after a month did things go back to normal.