JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 06.07.2009, 13:08
radi2k

Default Different Bugs

Hi everyone,

I am using JDownloader for about two days now and i experienced a lot of problems. Since I was unable to post them in the Bugtracker I try it here. Anyway: JD is a great tool!
  1. The tray icon feature isnt working at all so i had to disabled it
  2. When reconnecting fails, a module i dont know, is trying to query the current ip from dyndns every second
  3. JDownloader often needs a lot of CPU usage, sometimes nearly one core of my CPU is used to 100%. I think that this is a performance issue regarding the xserver. normally swing apps run perfectly on my system
  4. If i disable the peformance options for the GUI, the drop down menu on the left isnt working very well. "Settings" works very well, but "Download" and "Linkcollector" doesnt works anymore (I mean that animation effect).
  5. Often I have the feeling that settings made are completely ignored by the application. Time limits and other stuff - I miss an apply button or notification that changes have been applied.
  6. My log is full of Exceptions I dont think that this is normal...
  7. When I record the reconnection stuff with firefox there appears no "Stop" button, there is only "Cancel". Only if i terminate or close the firefox process everything gets accepted. By the way good idea with the local proxy The link in the record window which is for more details on how things work isnt working at all
  8. When installing JD, I was asked for a folder to store all downloaded files. But the dialog lets me select files instead of folders. That should be fixed, because I had to change that later in the application settings.
  9. Why dont you use the notification abilities brought to you by the new gnome desktop? KDE should have something similar. But this should be just a feature request...

I am using JDownloader (0.6.139) on Ubuntu (9.04):
java version "1.6.0_0"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.4.1) (6b14-1.4.1-0ubuntu10)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 14.0-b08, mixed mode)

Please let me know if I can help any further (details, programming, ...)

greets
radi2k

Last edited by radi2k; 06.07.2009 at 13:12.
Old 12.07.2009, 17:08
radi2k

hmm, seems no one is interested in cross-platform problems. a bit boring...

greets
radi
Old 13.07.2009, 12:44
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi2k View Post
  1. Often I have the feeling that settings made are completely ignored by the application. Time limits and other stuff - I miss an apply button or notification that changes have been applied.
  2. My log is full of Exceptions I dont think that this is normal...
Do you save changed settings?

It certainly would help if you could post the logs with all the exceptions.