JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 11.03.2015, 17:30
JD Fan

Default Don't disable multi hoster plugins after a fail

Hi,

I'm using JDownloader 2 with the premiumize.me plugin. Most of the time everything works perfectly, but I have one problem:

If the multi hoster fails to start a download of a particular file (which happens quite often with share-online.biz via premiumize.me lately), JDownloader falls back to a free download (which may show a captcha). So far so good. But it seems like JDownloader then disables the premiumize.me plugin for the rest of the JDownloader runtime (at least for this host). Regardless of how often I then try to restart the download, it always wants to download as a free user. Resetting the file also doesn't change this. The only way to get the premiumize.me plugin back to work is to restart JDownloader.

Could you please change this behavior so that the premium plugin is used for each download, even after it fails once?
Old 11.03.2015, 17:39
English Supporter

@cremor
depending on the error type and how many times retried, a supported host can be removed from the supported host array for a period of time. We generally do not remove them for total runtime, it would be for a fix time frame. If we don't do this DDoS events can happen with large download lists, along with one download candidate (premiumize account) not allowing another candidates from been tried (say you have another multihoster account on another provider or real hoster account or free). You can manipulate what candidates are available by making account usage rules, settings > account manager > create rule for share-online and disable free mode for example.

so to your question, its desired behaviour. I can't comment on your exact issue as no logs have been provided.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 11.03.2015, 18:04
JD Fan

Hi raztoki,

Thanks for your explanation and the tip with account rules. I've now created a rule to never use share-online.biz with a free account. This prevents the captchas from showing, but the problem that the premium plugin is disabled stays.

Is there a setting available that lets me reduce (or disable) the timeout you mentioned? I wouldn't mind editing files if it isn't available in the GUI.

If you want to see some logs:
11.03.15 18.02.59to11.03.15 18.03.17 jdlog://7382396763241/
Old 11.03.2015, 18:48
Community Manager

@cremor
Your log shows a lot of server error500's.
Note that it does not make sense for us to add "unlimited retries" to plugins.
If a multihost has such a high failure rate, either use other downloadmanagers with unlimited retries or contact the multihost support and ask them to fix their problems/improve stability of their system!

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 11.03.2015, 18:59
English Supporter

there is also worrying issue when I read this log, premiumize redirect to hoster url which bleeds there and your IP address to hoster.

they shouldn't do that.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 11.03.2015, 21:47
Giga Loader

I came here to make a similar request.

I am using Real-Debrid since I was never able to get Uploaded to accept my credit card. As well all know, these services are most unreliable, and sometimes links will work, sometimes they won't. The problem is, when they don't, JD2 is permanently disabling the link, so that it reads "Skipped - account is missing" and gives up.

Can't this be changed so that JD2 continues to try downloading each link? Otherwise, you have to manually enable links an infinite number of times - making JD2 essentially useless.

edit: this is with free mode disabled. If I enable it, it will read "Download limit has been reached" and wait 3 hours!!! before trying again.

Last edited by El man; 11.03.2015 at 21:49.
Old 11.03.2015, 21:56
Community Manager

@El man
"Downloadlimit reached" = Free mode downloadlimit reached
Again: It is NOT our goal to DDOS unreliable multihost services by myking unlimited retries.
If you really want this, go ahead, grab our sourcecode and modify it!

GreeZ psp
EDIT

Okay actually me and raztoki will ask the real-debrid and premiumize support - if they allow us to do unlimited retries we will add a plugin setting for that - if not, we won't!
I hope this is okay for you guys!

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 11.03.2015 at 22:01.
Old 11.03.2015, 22:03
Giga Loader

Can't a solution be found? I can't believe such a versatile program as this would simply give up and become obsolete for multi hosters which more and more people use every day.

Can't it retry every 30 seconds or every minute?
Old 11.03.2015, 22:05
Community Manager

Why should we bomb multihosters which do not work for specified hosts with more and more requests?
Also, please read what I just added to my last post (edit)!

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 11.03.2015, 22:12
Giga Loader

Why would they oppose? I see Real-Debrid even offering your program in the member's page on their site.

If every time a host is down you get the "Skipped - account is missing" message and links go dead until you manually reenable them, JD2 would effectively become impossible to use with multi hosters, which are the future of downloading as you can't even pay for a premium account at regular hosters anymore.
Old 11.03.2015, 22:17
Giga Loader

Another solution could be to try links one at a time and cycling them, not disabling thousands of Uploaded links when the first one fails.
Old 11.03.2015, 23:08
JD Fan

I understand that you don't want to try unlimited times. But the way I would like to see it needs user interaction. The user clicks to start the download, JDownloader tries to download from the multi hoster. If it failes after x tries, it goes to free (or not if configured). Only if the user manually restarts the download it will try the multi hoster again.

This can already be done right now, but a JDownloader restart is needed. I just would like to avoid the restart step.
Old 11.03.2015, 23:21
Community Manager

@El man
Okay again:
Go to wikipedia and read about "DDOS attacks" - then we can continue this!
And also, imagine hundrets/thousands of JD real-debrid users doing this!
Also please stop the double posts (forum rules!).

@cremor
As said, whenever a restart is needed, this means that the host is internally blocked for a longer time because the multihost API returns something like "our host is permanently not working" - which means for us "wait a longer time before retrying" or "don't retry at all" - why is this so hard to understand?

And because you do not seem to read my post - here a quote of the edit above that I did:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
EDIT

Okay actually me and raztoki will ask the real-debrid and premiumize support - if they allow us to do unlimited retries we will add a plugin setting for that - if not, we won't!
I hope this is okay for you guys!
Now please simply wait until we got our response from their support and then we can do this - no reason to tell us how bad our programm/plugin is.

This is a behavior which you guys might not want to understand but to make it short - if the server says "it doesn't work" - why would you rety thousands of times if you can tell before that the result will be exactly the same.
What is the difference between JD retrying hours and hours or JD telling you that it doesn't work and stopping to retry?
Exactly - there is no difference (usually).

But of course I understand that if for whatever reason you let your machine running for days/weeks you'd like it to complete the downloads no matter what happens and we WILL take care of this.
Just note that in JDownloader y<ou can use multiple accounts and if one fails, JD will take trhe next.
Now imagine what would happen if, by default, every multihoster would just be set to unlimited retries?!
Exactly - JDownloader would never switch to the next possible account although that might works!

I hope you do now understand that we CANNOT easily change this - especially when it comes to default settings.
I already contacted the premiumize support and raztoki will ask the real-debrid support soon.

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 12.03.2015, 01:06
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
This is a behavior which you guys might not want to understand but to make it short - if the server says "it doesn't work" - why would you rety thousands of times if you can tell before that the result will be exactly the same.
Because that's not how it happens. With multihosters, hosts go offline and come back online within minutes, if not seconds. It is intermittent.

Surely, something better can be done than disabling everything once and for all, and having to manually retry everything hundreds of times.
Old 12.03.2015, 04:17
Community Manager

The multihost APIs do return different errorstates for different problems.
If they return a permanent error even though a host is only temporarily not working they will have to fix this on their backend.
Anways - again, please simply read my post.
Again: We will ask their support if they allow us to add an "unlimited retries" mode and if they do, we'll add it - it's as simple as that!

Spoiler:

Quote: