JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 07.03.2015, 12:06
Fibre Channel User

Default Update settings not working?

Firstly, hello and thanks for all your efforts with the excellent JD2.

That said, I'm being overwhelmed by several-times daily updates, including on each startup, despite believing to have disabled this in settings.

Here is what I have in Advanced Settings:

BubbleNotify: Bubble Notify On Update Availabe - UNCHECKED

Even so, I consistently receive notifications on startup AND throughout; for instance this prompt emerges numerous times per day:

"A new JDownloader Update is available. To install, a restart is required. Do you want to restart & install the update now?"

And yet, this is my setting for:

UpdateSettings: Do Ask Before Installing An Update - UNCHECKED

Additionally, I have attempted to "install Updates silently during the next JDStart" by checking appropriately the following:

UpdateSettings: Do Ask My [sic] Before Installing An Update

More Settings:

UpdateSettings: Install Updates On Exit - CHECKED

(But, of course, it doesn't act accordingly, installing on startup and throughout instead.)

UpdateSettings: Install Updates Silently If Possible - CHECKED

(As noted above, it doesn't do this silently "in the background without restarting; rather, it prompts instead.)

Please let me know if I've interpreteted the settings incorrectly or whether there is a solution on your end in order to cease the incessant prompts.

Thanks.

Last edited by Jiaz; 11.06.2015 at 11:29.
Old 07.03.2015, 12:19
Bokor

Same problem here.

I also get this message.
Old 07.03.2015, 12:47
English Supporter

@Super JD
once again, you along with some others miss understand those settings
if you uncheck 'UpdateSettings: Do Ask Before Installing An Update - UNCHECKED' you will get prompted... effectively you've made it 'ask before installing...'.

default settings should only notify you (with bubble notify disabled) by a flashing icon on the toolbar and notification within titlebar (assuming you have set that titlebar option).

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 07.03.2015, 13:19
Fibre Channel User

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
@Super JD
if you uncheck 'UpdateSettings: Do Ask Before Installing An Update - UNCHECKED' you will get prompted... effectively you've made it 'ask before installing...'.
I will instead check this setting now and anticipate the results I want. As for misunderstanding these settings, I think it is reasonable to expect the behaviour noted in the "Description" of that "Key", where it states:

"Key": UpateSettings: Do Ask Before Downloading An Update

"Description": If enabled, JDownloader will ask before starting to download Updates.

As such, should it not follow that it will be understood that unchecking this will result in JDownloader NOT asking before starting to download updates...?

In other words, I'm expected to enable JD2 to ask before starting to download updates in order to disable it to ask starting to download updates? This seems counterintuitive. I gather that this is meant to make sense, and perhaps I lack the necessary insight; maybe you can explain why this is worded this way?

Quote:
default settings should only notify you (with bubble notify disabled) by a flashing icon on the toolbar and notification within titlebar (assuming you have set that titlebar option).
Yes, I have that titlebar option, and it does indeed flash accordingly - in addition to the prompts and frequent updates that emerge on their own.

Thanks for your reply.

Last edited by Super JD; 07.03.2015 at 13:22.
Old 07.03.2015, 15:24
Fibre Channel User

Well, as noted above, I have since made the change you suggested, and on my second restart of JD2, the unwanted behaviour has resumed. Update on restart, and, subsequently, repeated prompts alerting to updates.

I'm familiar with JDownloader, have used it for years, have had consistent preferences that have remained that way since prior to JD2, and JD2 itself did not always behave as described in this thread. Until a few weeks ago I did not receive the constant prompts.

But here they are, constantly stealing focus, constantly prompting, constantly desperate to update.

I've made what seems to me a counterintuitive setting, yet that what you have indeed suggested, and sadly even this measure hasn't solved the problem.

Please indicate how to proceed, for JD2 will very sadly be rendered useless to me until it ceases to steal focus countless times per day. My workflow benefits from, but does not exist soley for, JD2.

Many thanks for any help.
Old 07.03.2015, 16:28
JD Manager

Please reset all update settings in advaned settings. Then JDownloader install updates normally on shutdown of JDownloader and not notifiying at all.
Do you use http://my.jdownloader.org ? Maybe the update stuff gets triggered externally?
This is clearly some kind of missconfiguration (thats why I ask you to reset the values).
Old 07.03.2015, 17:26
Fibre Channel User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Please reset all update settings in advaned settings. Then JDownloader install updates normally on shutdown of JDownloader and not notifiying at all. This is clearly some kind of missconfiguration (thats why I ask you to reset the values).
I will do as you suggest, yet in this instance too, there is yet another default setting that, in its wording, suggests that this would be contrary to what I wish to achieve:

BubbleNotify: Bubble Notify On Update Available

The default value is "true", meaning CHECKED.

This default value suggests that it would enable bubble notifications of updates, whereas I am seeking to avoid notifications, prompts, bubbles - and especially to avoid these stealing focus - in particular when this happens seemingly without end.

I don't quite understand how enabling bubble notifications will prevent bubble notifications of updates, but perhaps you are suggesting that this setting, like another setting referred to earlier in the thread, is also best to set to the opposite of my actual preference, in order to achieve my preference.

Another default setting is this:

UpdateSettings: Update Gui always on top

Description: If enabled, the Updater Gui will always be on top of all other windows

So, the default value would see me opt for JD2 to steal focus by always updating "on top", yet I am very much, as noted repeatedly, wishing to avoid updaters, prompts, bubbles, etc stealing focus and being on top.

Am I understanding correctly in that I have to enable the opposite of what I want in order to achieve what I want? Why would your settings be structured this way? And how, if I understand correctly, will I discern which of your many other Advanced Settings not to do with updates I need to anticipate the opposite value of what I want in order to set it correctly. Or, perhaps, this opposite-is-true approach only relates to (some) of the update settings? You'll understand my bewilderment, no?

I will, however, yield to your expertise, and attempt to reset it, and all other update settings to the default, including enabling the bubble notifiers, in the hope that the updates and prompts (and indeed the bubble notifiers) will stop.

I'll keep an open mind, avoid obvious conclusions, and follow up with how this turns out.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you use **External links are only visible to Support Staff**... ? Maybe the update stuff gets triggered externally?
No, I don't use this...

Last edited by Super JD; 07.03.2015 at 17:40.
Old 08.03.2015, 01:14
English Supporter

Quote:
@Super JD

Sorry I miss read that title when I copied pasted, that and I think it used to have a 'NOT' within its title which inverted the checkbox setting and it used confused some users. I have a feeling coalado changed it recently.

I have JDownloader 2.0 installed on VM for testing purposes, and I never receive any dialogs indicating updates are ready to download, just flashing toolbar and title bar notifications (with bubble notify set to NEVER, as its very laggy over RPD). Its strange that some get notifications and others don't. I do get confirmation dialog when I click update, or when I close/start JD and there is an update pending to install (core update was already downloaded, pending approval to be installed).

raztoki

Last edited by raztoki; 08.03.2015 at 01:20.
Old 08.03.2015, 13:38
Fibre Channel User

I have by now followed, in turn, the instructions by Jiaz and I also tried to do what raztoki suggested. Thank you to both of you for your efforts.

Nevertheless, neither worked.

I have also, again, in a separate configuration, attempted the suggestions above, but NOT checking...

...since logic would dictate, that despite the suggestion to revert to default values, it makes no sense to enable being notified of updates when I don't want to be notified.

Yet, as I noted above, I tried it your way (twice) and my way, and the results don't change. One or another (or various) notifiers frequently alert and irritate. In particular, I'm being notified of updates, where the dialog allows to dismiss until "later". This particular notifier returns and returns, regardless of what I choose.

Moreover, the updates / updaters / nags / notifiers / bubbles relentlessly steal focus and hover overtop my workflow.

Here's what I need, please, to make it as clear as possible:

What I would like:

1. I would like updates to be enabled (in other words, not requiring to update manually)

2. I would like updates to happen silently / in the background (in other words, I would like ANY update-related GUI to be disabled)

3. I would like updates to download and/or install on exit (ideally) or, if they must occur on startup, I would like them to do so silently (without notifying in ANY manner, as already noted above)

What I would not like:

1. I would not like to be notified of updates in any manner, in particular: i would not like the stealing of focus by updaters / notifiers / bubbles / prompts related to updates

2. I would not like JD2 to restart / exit JD2 until I choose to restart / exit JD2 and without having been prompted to restart / exit in the first place

Again, until recently, JD2 (and its prior incarnation) worked without the constant update nags the way I am experiencing it now. Prior to the current period, I did not have update windows burst overtop of my workflow. I have not changed any settings until yesterday, so it must be something to do with JD2 itself.

I appreciate your efforts to help, but clearly another solution is now needed. I really like JDownloader, but it is not useful to me, as it is now. Something has made it act more like some sort of nagware, and were it not for the fact that JDownloader has served me very, very well for a long time, I would have already wiped it from my system.

Please help, if you can. I still believe that the behaviour I'm experiencing isn't normal nor - seemingly - intended or typical of other users' experience. Something must have gone amiss and I will need your help.

Thank you again.

Last edited by Super JD; 08.03.2015 at 13:41.
Old 08.03.2015, 13:43
JD Manager

Will inform coalado so he will check/respond on monday
Old 08.03.2015, 14:21
Fibre Channel User

Thanks very much.
Old 12.03.2015, 16:39
Fibre Channel User

Several days onwards I'm awaiting a follow-up on the problems I'm experiencing with JDownloader.

I have attempted every possible combination of checked and unchecked settings for updates in the Advanced Settings. None of my efforts have been able to prevent, at the very least, the most annoying of prompts:

"New Update Available"

"A new JDownloader Update is available. To install, a restart is required. Do you want to restart & install the update now."

Again, in my experience, the previously reliable JDownloader is now exhibiting the behaviour of nagware, rather than that of a steady assistant. Several of the descriptions in the Advanced Settings relating to Updates still remain incorrectly and/or poorly worded, as has been previously pointed out in this forum, and which - while responded to - remains unresolved.

Please refer to Posts #27 & #28 here:

https://board.jdownloader.org/showth...+Update&page=2

The concerns addressed by others, and seemingly "solved" and explained in Post #24 on the same page do not apply in my case. That is, the "solution" isn't solved on my end.

Please, is there a solution to make JD2 behave less instrusively or am I better served by using another product? And might one of the countless updates at least correct the incorrectly worded description, as noted above?

Thank you.
Old 12.03.2015, 16:55
JD Manager

Can you please join our chat and contact me there for a teamviewer session?
This would help a lot to solve the problem asap.
Old 14.03.2015, 02:56
Fibre Channel User

Thank you very much for your reply, coalado, and for your eagerness to help. I am, however, disinclined to install another program to help sort out this one. Furthermore, I would like to think that a set specific choices in the (relatively) few options for updates in Advanced Settings ought to be able to prevent the behaviour I've pointed out in this thread.

As I noted before, this one, in particular, seems to be impossible to thwart...

"New Update Available"

"A new JDownloader Update is available. To install, a restart is required. Do you want to restart & install the update now."

...no matter the choices I make in the settings - unless, of course, I'm continuously overlooking a setting or mistakenly repeating the same choice(s). While this may be unlikely (given my many attempts), it is certainly possible.

And yet, it remains a fact that at least one of the following two settings is incorrectly worded, as noted in at least one other thread (and mentioned previously in this thread):

UpdateSettings: Do Ask My Before Installing An Update
UpdateSettings: Do Ask Before Downloading An Update

The "My", above, is certainly wrong; and from what I've noted in other threads, one the two settings, above, may be missing a "not"...?

Other settings and/or its descriptions may also not be entirely clear - or - I am interpreting them differently to how you understand them. For instance, I have always kept this setting unchecked:

and yet I keep getting notified of updates. Maybe you would or wouldn't consider what I see as "bubbles" but therein lies part of the problem too: the distinction between prompts and bubbles isn't necessarily clear to the end user. A novice will have to get used to some of this, but I've been using JD for many years, am very comfortable with changing advanced settings, and have customised the program countless times. I've enjoyed a long spell without update prompts/bubbles/sliders and am alarmed at their very recent arrival and refusal to go away despite my efforts.

So, I ask again, what settings do you endorse to keep these alerts at bay - or is it possible that recent updates to the program have made it impossible to do so - at least for the moment?

I trust that a simple and specific set of settings, as provided by you, and/or the correction of one or two settings (or at least their wording), will lead to success without the need to install another program.

Thank you again.
Old 14.03.2015, 03:54
English Supporter

teamviewer doesn't need to be installed, you can run the installer as application (they give you that option), there is also a quick help exe (available teamviewer or our website) which only allow only incoming connections.

That said I don't think teamviewer is needed, my recommendations

- make sure that 'UpdateSettings: Do Ask My Before Installing An Update' == false doesn't give you the do you want to install/restart confirmation install dialog. You will probably still get a dialog if you are downloading/linkgrabber tasks are running asking you to confirm that you want to restart client, else not active it will just restart. Otherwise you will get an issue where accidental clicking of update button will force a restart even if JD is busy with tasks.
- UpdateSettings: Install Updates Silently If Possible, change key name to 'UpdateSettings: Install PLUGIN Updates Silently If Possible', as some do not read description.
- Also a option to install core updates automatically during inactive times (when not downloading/linkgrabber tasks), so that confirmation isn't required. This would be useful for NAS/remote users who just want it to run with minimal fuss. The only downside would be automatically installing a bad update, and JD failing to restart. New setting, UpdateSettings: Install CORE Updates Automatically If Possible, with description, 'installs core updates automatically when not actively downloading or running crawler tasks.', Dependencies would be 'do ask to install updates' = false and 'do ask to download updates' = false

I have disabled bubble notify entirely on VM because it hellish lagged interface and just doesn't work well over RPD, though I have standalone running from jar on my system also but with bubble notify enabled but update notification disabled in bubble notify settings and I'm never prompted. And within IDE you don't get update notifications at all, which is how I normally run JD on my desktop as IDE is open anyway. =]

raztoki

Old 14.03.2015, 10:19
JD Manager

Quote:
What I would like:

1. I would like updates to be enabled (in other words, not requiring to update manually)

2. I would like updates to happen silently / in the background (in other words, I would like ANY update-related GUI to be disabled)

3. I would like updates to download and/or install on exit (ideally) or, if they must occur on startup, I would like them to do so silently (without notifying in ANY manner, as already noted above)
1. -> UpdateSettings: Auto Update Check =true (default)
2. & 3.
JD tries to install updates when you exit jd by clicking the [x] Button or using the the exit Menu entry.
In this case, there will be a tray icon that shows that Updates are installed, and a "bubble". The bubble can be minimized, and jd will remeber its state. (UpdateSettings: Install Updates On Exit Panel Visible). The Tray Icon however, can not be disabled.
--> UpdateSettings: Install Updates On Exit Panel Visible =false
If this "install on exit" fails, JD will try to install the update before the next start. Installing an update may take a few seconds, or several minutes. If I would not show any GUI, you would wonder why JD takes so long to start. Would you really want this?

If you exit JD normally, it will install it's updates silently on-exit, and you will not see this screen when you start.
If you often get this Update Dialog when starting, you might exit jd wrong? If this would help, I could introduce another flag to disable installation on start completlly.

Quote:
What I would not like:

1. I would not like to be notified of updates in any manner, in particular: i would not like the stealing of focus by updaters / notifiers / bubbles / prompts related to updates

2. I would not like JD2 to restart / exit JD2 until I choose to restart / exit JD2 and without having been prompted to restart / exit in the first place
UpdateSettings: Do Ask My Before Installing An Update = false (default)
UpdateSettings: Do Ask Before Downloading An Update=false(default)
UpdateSettings: Install Updates On Exit Panel Visible=false
UpdateSettings: Install Updates On Exit=true(default)
UpdateSettings: Install Updates Silently If Possible=true(default)
JD does not do this anyway.
Old 24.03.2015, 23:47
Fibre Channel User

Thank you, coalado and raztoki, for your efforts.

I've taken several days to try out the settings suggested by coalado. Between these and any subsequent updates (if indeed they are related), the difficulties I've experienced have been largely solved.

I have been prompted, albeit only once so far, on startup, that there is an update, and asking me whether I want to install it. This behaviour isn't ideal, and I would prefer if it could be avoided completely, but at least it's no longer happening several times daily.

The update icon in the toolbar flashes when there is an update; this doesn't bother me, and in fact I prefer this behaviour.

With that in mind:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalado View Post
If you exit JD normally, it will install it's updates silently on-exit, and you will not see this screen when you start.
If you often get this Update Dialog when starting, you might exit jd wrong?
I always exit by clicking the "Exit" icon in my toolbar, as customised.

Onward:

Quote:
The bubble can be minimized, and jd will remeber its state. (UpdateSettings: Install Updates On Exit Panel Visible). The Tray Icon however, can not be disabled.
I have no issue with the JD icon in the tray, though I haven't yet been able to recognise where/how the bubble you mention can be minimised. I'd very much like for JD to remember this state.

Quote:
...JD will try to install the update before the next start. Installing an update may take a few seconds, or several minutes. If I would not show any GUI, you would wonder why JD takes so long to start. Would you really want this?
It wouldn't bother me, this. That said, I'm fine with the on-start GUI showing the update installation. And yet, I seem to recall that in the previous version of JD this was possible to do with applicable settings. At least, I remember that JD sometimes did take a long time to start without any GUI informing why. Either way, I'm fine with how it is now.

This leads me to this:

Quote:
I could introduce another flag to disable installation on start completlly.
JD2 is incredibly rich with providing user-end choices/settings/custom preferences. For this I'm very thankful. It has many more options than almost any other program that I can think of; certainly without having to install (third-party) plugins. I recognise, then, that the developers have clearly spent a lot of time and effort honing these preferences. I also know that user feedback has also prompted some of these to be implemented. You may, then, feel that JD has just about everything that it ought to have regarding custom settings. Even so, I would welcome any and all custom settings that you can provide; the above quoted one, included.

Before that, I view as very important, the previously mentioned incorrectly/awkwardly-phrased descriptions in Advanced Settings. I think that these really ought to be corrected first.

No, they don't render JD a poor, let alone, useless tool. They do, however, take away from an otherwise professional and slick product. I reckon that details matter, especially when (at very least, part) of the aim is to sell something.

I don't know; maybe this is only a factor in the English-language version of JD2. I haven't installed the German-language variant to see if the phrasing is likewise cumbersome/misleading.

I will leave that in your capable hands. I do however, and again, ask that you please correct some of the wording.

And, again, for the most part my concerns have been addressed.

Many thanks again for your responses, for all of your help, and for JD2 itself.

Last edited by Super JD; 24.03.2015 at 23:53.
Old 25.03.2015, 08:34
JD Manager

Quote:
I have been prompted, albeit only once so far, on startup, that there is an update, and asking me whether I want to install it. This behaviour isn't ideal, and I would prefer if it could be avoided completely, but at least it's no longer happening several times daily.
JD should not prompt. If it does, I understand why this is annoying.

Please check the advanced options:
UpdateSettings: Do Ask Me Before Installing An Update

Quote:
incorrectly/awkwardly-phrased descriptions
Should be fixed. I cannot see any incorrect description.

Quote:
I could introduce another flag to disable installation on start completely.
I will do this asap
Old 25.03.2015, 12:44
JD Legend

Ich wurde heute beim Start von JD2 auch gefragt, ob ich Updates herunterladen und ein zweites Mal, ob ich sie installieren will. Die beiden Settings sind nicht aktiviert und so sollte es auch keine Nachfragen geben.
Old 25.03.2015, 13:25
JD Manager

Ich würde mir das gerne mal via Teamviewer anschauen. wäre das möglich?
Old 25.03.2015, 14:03
JD Legend

Sieht im Moment schlecht aus. Eine weitere nahezu jungfräuliche Installation hat das Problem nicht, so dass ich vermute, dass das Altlasten in Configdateien sind, die über die GUI nicht mehr erreichbar sind und eigentlich ignoriert werden müssten. Ich habe dir einen Link zu einer Zip-Datei mit allen Einstellungsdateien mit Update im Namen per PN geschickt. Vielleicht hilft das.
Old 25.03.2015, 14:08
JD Manager

Danke, aber mit den Config Dateien fragt er bei mir nicht nach.
Teamviewer wäre echt hilfreich. Muss auch nicht jetzt sein.

SCreenshots von den Dialogen und/oder normale JD logs könnten auch helfen.
Old 25.03.2015, 17:41
Fibre Channel User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oEFLKQzikCqw View Post
Ich wurde heute beim Start von JD2 auch gefragt, ob ich Updates herunterladen und ein zweites Mal, ob ich sie installieren will. Die beiden Settings sind nicht aktiviert und so sollte es auch keine Nachfragen geben.
Ich kann das auch bestätigen / I can confirm this.

Since my last post, earlier today, the behaviour pointed out by oEFLKQzikCqw, has again emerged, without having changed anything in my settings.

As oEFLKQzikCqw noted in German, on start of JD2, two prompts/alerts/bubbles (sorry, I don't know the difference between these, but you get the idea) come into view. Firstly JD2 asks if I want to download the update(s), and secondly, if I want to install/restart. I likewise do not have these options checked/enabled.

Quote:
JD should not prompt. If it does, I understand why this is annoying.

Please check the advanced options:
UpdateSettings: Do Ask Me Before Installing An Update
These two options are currently unchecked on my end.

Quote:
Should be fixed. I cannot see any incorrect description.
Thank you very much; I notice now that they have been corrected.

Quote:
I will do this asap
Thank you, again, for all of the many custom features. JD2 is far superior to its previous version in this regard.

coalado & oEFLKQzikCqw: Danke für die Hilfe / Thank you both.
Old 25.03.2015, 18:27
JD Manager

Very strange :( But I cannot do anything without teamviewer in this case. I just cannot reproduce this problem :(

Bubble: (At the bottom right)

Dialog (Anywhere)

Last edited by coalado; 25.03.2015 at 18:32.
Old 25.03.2015, 20:19
JD Legend

25.03.15 11.02.30to25.03.15 11.02.27 jdlog://5273817486241/

Sofort nach dem Start öffnete sich das Fenster des Updaters, welcher zusätzlich einen Dialog mit der Frage öffnete, ob ich die Updates herunterladen will. Dies habe ich dann erlaubt und nach Abschluss des Downloads kam dann ein weiterer Dialog, der darüber informierte, dass zum Installieren ein Neustart nötig ist und zur Wahl des weiteren Vorgehens auffordert. Bis auf den zweiten Dialog kann ich das Verhalten nachstellen, in dem ich vorm Start die core.jar lösche oder umbenenne. Der zweite Dialog kommt übrigens auch, wenn ich das Update manuell anstoße.
Old 25.03.2015, 22:44
Fibre Channel User

Quote:
Sofort nach dem Start öffnete sich das Fenster des Updaters, welcher zusätzlich einen Dialog mit der Frage öffnete, ob ich die Updates herunterladen will. Dies habe ich dann erlaubt und nach Abschluss des Downloads kam dann ein weiterer Dialog, der darüber informierte, dass zum Installieren ein Neustart nötig ist und zur Wahl des weiteren Vorgehens auffordert. Bis auf den zweiten Dialog kann ich das Verhalten nachstellen, in dem ich vorm Start die core.jar lösche oder umbenenne. Der zweite Dialog kommt übrigens auch, wenn ich das Update manuell anstoße.
Genau so ist es auch bei mir.
Old 25.03.2015, 22:59
Koto99

Default Update lässt sich nicht unterdrücken

Sagt mal wann wird endlich der Bug gefixt das man die Updates unterbinden kann. JDownloader 2

Die Option dafür ist schon länger wirkungslos.

UpdateSettings: Auto Update Check ist wirklungslos.

Es ist echt ärgerlich das ihr laufend bei Updates was neues kaputt macht. Man aber diese Updates nicht verhindern kann.

Sorry ist echt so. Ich würde lieber updaten wenn was nicht geht.

Last edited by Koto99; 25.03.2015 at 23:01.
Old 25.03.2015, 23:45
Koto99

Also da ist ein Bug.

Hier mal die Settings.

Und hier sieht man das Jdownloader dennoch zum Update Server verbinden will, beim Start vom Jdownloader.

Die zweite IP ist IPv4 TCP 176.9.34.43:80(56815)

Gibt man das frei kommt nach einer weile beim Start

Welche Adressen bzw IP sind den die Update Server?
IPv4 TCP 176.9.34.43:80(56815)

Würde es reichen die IPs per Firewall zu blocken?

Last edited by Koto99; 26.03.2015 at 00:58.
Old 26.03.2015, 07:36
JD Manager

Hi,
IP: 78.46.69.237 -> update3.jdownloader.org. Advanced Settings: UL Banner abschalten -> Dann sollte dieser Request weg sein. Der Request prüft ob/welcher Banner abgezeigt werden soll

IP: 176.9.34.43 -> update.appwork.org ->
Kannst du nen Screenshot aller UpdateSettings in Advanced Settings Zeigen.
Per default (alle werte auf default) kommt genannter Dialog gar nicht. Ergo muss entweder 1.) ein Wert bei dir verändert sein oder 2.) Ein Bug den wwir nicht haben/nachstellen können.

Ich würde nicht empfehlen die IP zu blocken. Es ist ja nicht nur in deinem Interesse das wir dein Problem finden/lösen, sondern evtl ja auch im Interesse anderer Nutzer.

Was haben wir denn groß Kaputt gemacht mit den Updates?

Also:
Das beste sind wirklich Screenshot der Advanced Settings für den Updater
ODER
Coalado mittels Teamviewer dir helfen lassen. Wir haben heute Vormittag noch ein Meeting, aber dann kann er sich gleich wieder der Sache annehmen.
Old 26.03.2015, 16:23
Koto99

Waren auf dem Bild nicht alle Settings?

Hier mal ein anderes Bild

Denoch kommt dann kurz nach neustart das Update

]

Diese kommt auch 2 mal. Beim Start. Sagt man Später kommt Sie dann nochmal. Beim 2 mal gibt es die Option Abbrechen mit zum nächten neustart.

Wobei es doch so sein sollte das er gar nicht zum Update Server verbindet oder?

Wenn UpdateSettings: Auto Update Check aus ist?

Edit:
Ich habe nun mal den Jdownloader neu installiert.

Dann die Updates abgestellt.
Donate Button aus
Upload Werbung aus

Nun kam kein update Ist aber auch Aktuell.

Beim Klick, auf den Update Button kam, die Meldung Plugin Update verfügbar. Und wurde automatisch installiert. Nach neustart

Das sollte er aber doch nicht
UpdateSettings: Install Updates Silently If Possible steht auf aus?

Da steht alles auf aus.

Und wenn ich nun mal wieder die Firewall sehe beim Start will er zu

IPv4 TCP 176.9.50.181:80(51287)

Last edited by Koto99; 26.03.2015 at 16:58.
Old 26.03.2015, 16:25
Koto99

Edit
Old 26.03.2015, 18:48
JD Manager

Danke für die Informationen. Ich hab Coalado gesagt er soll sich drum kümmern. Wir waren heute nur sehr im Stress und kamen nicht wirklich dazu heute was am JD zu machen. Er wird sich dann hier melden bzw. mit dir Kontakt aufnehmen.
Old 26.03.2015, 21:38
JD Manager

Koto99:

Was sehr komisch ist:
Deine Screenshots zeigen(bis auf den letzten nach der Neuinstallation) NICHT die aktuelle Version. Nur dein letzter Screenshot zeigt JD in aktueller Version.

An alle anderen: Wenn es "Do NOT ask..." Update Einstellungen gibt, seid ihr NICHT auf der aktuellen Version. Bitte aktualisieren. Die Sache wird schwer für mich wenn wir nicht immer von der aktuellsten Version reden.

Zurück zu Koto99:

1. Regel: Bitte stelle nichts um, wenn du nicht 100% weißt was es macht.
Beispiel: du hast "UpdateSettings: Install Updates Silently If Possible" auf Aus gestellt.
D.h. JDownloader versucht nicht mehr Plugins im Hintergrund zu installieren - und fragt dich statt dessen.

Es ist auch wichtig zu wissen, dass JDownloader einen Unterschied zwischen Installation und Download von Updates macht.
Beispiel:
Du hast "UpdateSettings: Auto Update Check" aus. D.h. JD wird nicht mehr automatisch zum Server verbinden. Allerdings kann es sein, dass im tmp Ordner noch Update Archive liegen die schon geladen, aber noch nicht installiert wurden. Dann wird JD dich weiter fragen ob du die installieren willst.

Ich schlage vor, du setzt jetzt mal alle Update Einstellungen zurück, und erklärst mir was GENAU du willst.
Ich vermute mal, du willst nur Updates laden und installieren wenn du auf den Button klickst - also NIE automatisch.

Angenommen, du hast alle Update Einstellungen auf Standard:
  1. UpdateSettings: Auto Update Check auf AUS
  2. UpdateSettings: Do Ask Before Downloading An Update auf AN
  3. JD beenden.
  4. <JD>/tmp/update Ordner löschen
  5. JD starten.
Old 26.03.2015, 21:43
JD Manager

@oEFLKQzikCqw
@Super JD

Bitte sucht auch ihr mal in euren Profieinstellungen nach "Do NOT ask". Falls ihr was findet, und JD der Meinung ist, er wäre auf aktuellem Stand, sagt bitte Bescheid. NICHT löschen oder neuinstallieren. Ich müsste dann dringend rauskriegen, warum sich euer JD NICHT aktualisieren lässt.

All das deutet leider darauf hin, dass der Update Prozess irgendwie "festhängt". Ich kann nur wiederholen, dass uns allen eine Teamviewer Session sehr schnell weiterhelfen könnte.
Old 27.03.2015, 00:13
JD Legend

@coalado nur einen Treffer in den Beschreibungen

Attached Images
File Type: png jd2_version.png (14.8 KB, 155 views)
Old 27.03.2015, 01:26
Fibre Channel User

Quote:
@oEFLKQzikCqw
@Super JD

Bitte sucht auch ihr mal in euren Profieinstellungen nach "Do NOT ask".
Bei mir gibt's in den Profienistellungen nichts wenn ich mal nach "Do NOT ask" suche...
Old 27.03.2015, 16:50
Koto99

Quote:
Ich vermute mal, du willst nur Updates laden und installieren wenn du auf den Button klickst - also NIE automatisch.

Angenommen, du hast alle Update Einstellungen auf Standard:

UpdateSettings: Auto Update Check auf AUS
UpdateSettings: Do Ask Before Downloading An Update auf AN
JD beenden.
<JD>/tmp/update Ordner löschen
JD starten.
Genau.

Klar war es eine alte Version. Es soll so sein. Never Chance a Running Systen. AUßer ich habe Probleme. :-)

Teste nun mal ob mit der Aktuellen nun ruhe ist :-)

Ich meine das nicht böse aber es passiert immer wieder das ein Update fehler hat. Die vorher nicht waren. Das passiert nicht nur euch. Daher Update ich Software immer nur wenn es Proleme gibt.

.@Super_JD
Er Meint vermutlich UpdateSettings: Do Ask Before Downloading
UpdateSettings: Do Ask Before installing

Der Tipp mit dem TMP Ordner scheint auch wichtig. Da waren in der Tat dann Files.
Old 28.03.2015, 03:59
Fibre Channel User

Jetzt ist mir aber gar nichts klar...

... and for the sake of including others who may be having diffuclties with the same thing and who can't follow along in German, I'll continue in English in describing the current state of things on my end.

This is what I'm getting at this point, on nearly every restart. First this prompts:

If I click on "Download now" this opens:

If then I click on "Install now" I am prompted as follows:

And If I click on "Yes" to exit, JD2 exits and DOESN'T restart on its own. On restart I am re-prompted, as above, and I have to repeat. Usually, however, it restarts with an update window and then JD2 resumes normally.

Here is an overview of my current settings for "update":

Here is what comes up if I search for "do ask":

Here is what comes up if I search for "do not ask":

It feels like I'm taking two steps forwards and three steps back, as in some ways the situation I'm dealing with seems to be getting worse. I'm certainly even more confused then ever about how to proceed. I'm hopeful that the screenshots help you to discover what is going wrong / what I'm doing wrong.

To clarify again, what I'd like is for updates to install automatically without prompting me at all. I don't mind if the update icon in the toolbar flashes, but I wish to avoid any dialogs - or as many as is possible within the limitations of the program.

Thanks again. Schönen Dank.

Last edited by Super JD; 28.03.2015 at 04:26.
Old 28.03.2015, 10:17
JD Manager

@Koto99: Probleme mit dem Updatesystem sind auch Probleme. Und auch Probleme mit dem Updatesystem können nur durch ein Update behoben werden ;-P
Ich freue mich über Feedback zur neusten Version:

@Super JD:

You are right. This problem concerns many people - thus english is better.

Unfortunately, I still cannot reproduce this problem. According to your settings, you should not see any dialogs that require any confirmation.
Would it be possible to do a teamviewer session now?

If teamviewer is not an option for you, a full log might help.

Last edited by coalado; 28.03.2015 at 10:27.
Old 28.03.2015, 10:55
JD Manager

Quote:
25.03.15 11.02.30to25.03.15 11.02.27 jdlog://5273817486241/

In deinem Log ist nur alles NACH dem Neustart zu sehen. Ich brauche den Log auch vorher

Last edited by coalado; 28.03.2015 at 11:25.