JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 05.09.2015, 21:29
Giga Loader

Default [NOT a JDownloader issue!] Uploadable.ch download gets interrupted

As a free user downloading a file from uploadable.ch often gets interrupted. I then receive the request to solve a captcha to continue downloading. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. In the latter case the download will restart from the beginning, ignoring the already partly downloaded file. As this will obviously not work I have to manually reset the downloadlink before restarting the download. Then when reaching the exactly same partial downloadsize, this will repeat itself over and over again. It seems I can't succeed in downloading the file in its entirety.

I hope there is a solution to this problem.
Old 06.09.2015, 05:34
English Supporter

Please provide example links and upload the log.
Old 12.09.2015, 16:02
Giga Loader

Hi Tony,

Thank you for wanting to help me. I never succeeded in downloading the file from uploadable.ch, but fortunately I could download it using a torrent file. Here is the downloadlink:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Uploadable.ch stops uploading the file at exactly 524,288 KB (= 0.5 GB).

After the download has stopped I first get the message "Your downloadlink has expired" and a waiting time is applied. After this waiting time has passed I get the message "Download limit has been reached" and I get a second waiting time. Since uploadable.ch links are not resumable, I have to reset the link to start the download all over again, and this vicious cycle repeats itself ad infinitum.

I'll try to upload the corresponding log file.

Again, thanks for helping.

rockwater

Update: I tried to download the file directly from the uploadable.ch website through the Chrome browser. I managed to complete the download, but it contained only the first 0.5 GB part of the 1.24 GB .mkv movie file. I could play only the first 15m 54s in my media player, after which it stopped because the file didn't contain the full 41m 32s movie.

Last edited by rockwater; 12.09.2015 at 17:37.
Old 12.09.2015, 17:20
Community Manager

Hi
My download stopped after exactly 512,00 MiB so yeah, seems like that is some kind of limit.
I'll check if I can download the file after the waittime or if maybe it works via free account or if this limit exists for all files > 512, 00 MiB.
If so, I can add manual errorhandling so that JDownloader does not even attempt to download such files in free mode.
I'll also check if maybe they enabled resume again - then this limit wouldn't be a big deal.

GreeZ pspzockerscene
EDIT

My own log-id for this:

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 12.09.2015, 17:49
Giga Loader

Hi PSP,

Thanks for helping! I was just editing my post while you were answering it, so maybe you can take a second look at it. About your hypothesis that 512 MB is perhaps a limit for all files when doing a free download, I can assure you that I've downloaded lots of files from uploadable.ch that were larger than 1 GB, so I don't think there's such a limit for free users.
Old 12.09.2015, 18:02
Community Manager

So you think it is either a server error or maybe a special limitation which only exists for some links?
Maybe you should ask the uploadable.ch support too
Also - have you tried to download it via browser?
Same issue there?
Right now I'm trying that file the 2nd time (same IP, after waiting for the limit to end) though I expect the same outcome.

After this, I'll try to find some other files > 1 GB or between 600 and 800 MB.

I'll definitly do some more tests and also check if maybe they re-enabled resume for free users - this way we could also check if this is maybe a server error.
Of course it would be good to have a premium account for these tests too because if it stops after 512 MiB in premium mode too we can be sure that it is a server issue.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 12.09.2015, 18:21
Giga Loader

Hi PSP,

Yes, I did try to download the file through browser (see the last section of my 12.09.2015 15:02 post above). The download stopped there at 512 MB too, and the file wasn't even corrupt because I could play the movie it contained up to about 40% of the full length, after which the movie stopped.

I have a few guesses as to why this might happen. It might be the case that the file on the server doesn't contain the full length of the movie like it should. But why does uploadable.ch state that the file is 1.24 GB, if only 0.5 GB can be downloaded?

Or maybe uploadable is trying to press free users into buying a premium account by restricting the download for them on some specific (but not all) downloadlinks (see my post of 12.09.2015, 16:49 above). But these are just guesses.

Last edited by rockwater; 12.09.2015 at 18:24.
Old 12.09.2015, 18:47
Community Manager

As said, either it is a hidden "premium only" feature (to get new customers as you already guessed) or a simple serverside issue.
Better ask their support and hope for a server issue - they will know how to fix it

I'm also testing via browser now, expecting the same results.
I'll try another time then, via free account and then via Multihoster (premium), then we'll find out what the problem is

GreeZ psp
EDIT

Unfortunately I do not have any multihoster account for uploadable.ch at the moment so I cannot test this !

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 12.09.2015 at 18:52.
Old 12.09.2015, 19:37
Community Manager

I finally found a premium account to test that file via premium download and I was right: This is clearly a server issue
Seems like the file is incomplete on the uploadable.ch servers so please contact their support.
This is NOT a JDownloader issue!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote: