JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17.08.2011, 12:54
English Supporter

Connection and download error encountered in Fileserve Download manager/ Fileserve/ Jdownloader are due to unexpected server maintenance. The maintenance is expected to be complete within the next 12-24 hours as confirmed by our Technical team. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Fileserve Support customercare@fileserve.com Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 2:13 AM

----------

Generic email response (received today..) to one of jdownloader users after emailing customer support the other day....

----------

What to draw from this response? you could interpret probable problems for the next 24 hours, if so this issue would span ~3days. Personally if I was a premium customer I would find that unacceptable, never the less not sure what you can do about it.

To me when ever hosters have issues of their fault, they should extend everyone’s premium account by x days to compensate.
eg. x = how many days of ‘unexpected server maintenance’

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 17.08.2011, 13:22
arkander

I've been experiencing the same problem, but today it seems that fileserve has managed to solve their problem because its working again, hope its permanent
Old 17.08.2011, 13:38
remi

@madascene

I liked to learn more about the term "vested interests", because I didn't know it. Let's drop the term then. I'm glad the issue is simple for you.

I think most participants working in open source projects are free people consuming their free time. Why would they spend so many hours on developing free software if it weren't in their own self interest?

Making money shouldn't be the primary stimulant, force or motivation to make life interesting and give a sense to one's life. I know some people pay others to have sex, but most of the time sex is for free (I hope).

I think the factor money most of the time is a blocking factor to do something about the problems on Earth. Money tends to enslave people, makes people who already have a lot of it corrupt and it is the main reason for crimes and murder.

jD is a project of a company that makes money, otherwise the company would go bankrupt. Even if jD would be run by a non-profit organisation it would receive tax deductible donations, because it's so popular.

I know that some people say that FF (to give an example that you cite) has become a toy for Mozilla developers instead of a useful browser. If this would be true most people using FF would choose another browser. The developers of FF would then have a nice time experimenting and playing with the browser that nobody else would find useful.

The future will prove that developing software in an open way (not only source code but also design) works much better and will gradually replace all other types of secret, patented developments. Linux is a good example. When my PC with XP dies my next OS very probably will be Linux and certainly not a proprietary OS. Most of the software I'm running already is free or open source and will run on Linux as well.

Maybe we should read more about "open source" products and learn why they're becoming much more successful than closed/proprietary/sold products.

My theory is that the money based economy as it exists today has too many unsolvable problems and will naturally/logically be replaced by something else that will finally solve the real problems people are having. Wars, greed, weapons, poverty, climate change, overpopulation, resource shortages, malnutrition, chronic deceases and cancer are all problems that aren't solved because it's not in the interest of the monopolistic monetary system managed by some small power elites and supported by a collaborating, unconscious, tax paying middle class.
Old 17.08.2011, 14:42
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
To me when ever hosters have issues of their fault, they should extend everyone’s premium account by x days to compensate.
eg. x = how many days of ‘unexpected server maintenance’
While i would agree with that the only problem that i had is downloading through jdownloader, i could use the browser fine, so i don't think they would need to compensate just for not being able to use a specific program to download their files.
Old 17.08.2011, 15:37
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
While i would agree with that the only problem that i had is downloading through jdownloader, i could use the browser fine, so i don't think they would need to compensate just for not being able to use a specific program to download their files.
Indeed. I stated that previously also ;>

such is life -Ned Kelly

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 17.08.2011, 16:06
JD Manager

From earlier this day:

Connection and download error encountered in Fileserve Download manager/ Fileserve/ Jdownloader are due to unexpected server maintenance. The maintenance is expected to be complete within the next 12-24 hours as confirmed by our Technical team. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. Your patience is highly appreciated.
Old 17.08.2011, 16:07
JD Manager

From earlier this day:

Old 17.08.2011, 18:04
qwertz

Danke für die Info ! It doesn't work again right now.

Shit FS:outch:
Old 17.08.2011, 18:18
zixer92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
From earlier this day:

good to hear.

I dont know if it relates to this but suddenly my jdownloader asks for a captha even though im using premium. Just thought i mention if it isnt because of the above maintenance issues
Old 17.08.2011, 18:19
qwertz

not permanent they are working again
Old 17.08.2011, 18:28
Areos

Same here but I guess it is about that Server Maintenance Thing. So I will have to download them the old way 1 by 1 on my Browser untill it´s up
Old 17.08.2011, 19:46
holster28

well it worked for me from noon till the early evening. now the error appears again. :-(
Old 17.08.2011, 20:24
nunuman610

Default Same Problem

Was working this morning... now its giving the same "ServerError, will retry later" message.

:outch:
Old 17.08.2011, 20:37
g3ni3

Same problem here. However, based on this thread I do believe it is a FileServe.com issue. That's a shame since it's paid access.
Old 17.08.2011, 20:41
a7mag3ddon

Here is a thought, all you people that have a paid account, email them with the problem. Dont sit back and wait for a 3rd party person to help you out. You entered into a contract when you signed up and now they are in breach if there own manager isnt working.
Old 17.08.2011, 21:07
Rich

I am emailing them today myself too, if it is REALLY being fixed then fine, but I do feel like we are being fobbed off somewhat, as this does KEEP happening.
Old 17.08.2011, 21:20
qwertz

I have the exact same feeling. Maybe fileserve is happy to keep the "Poweruser" JD away.
Old 17.08.2011, 21:21
tkt

Default fileserve.com Probleme

Hallo zusammen

seit einigen tagen habe ich mit fileserve.com Probleme und zwar erscheint in den Einstellungen / Anbieter / Premium die Fehlermeldung "ServerError, will retry later" und die Downloads funktionieren auch nicht ohne Captcha Eingabe.

Ich habe mal ein Bild hochbeladen um den Fehler zu zeigen.

Gruß tkt
Attached Thumbnails
Unbenannt.jpg  

Last edited by Jiaz; 18.08.2011 at 10:03.
Old 17.08.2011, 21:28
Rich

It will be their problem if none of us renew the accounts, so it's up to them isn't it.
Not that it really makes any sense, because why do they care if we use the account with Jdownloader? We're still paying for the damn accounts, and they are still getting the exact same amount of money!
Old 17.08.2011, 21:37
silverclaw

This whole debacle has put my FS loyalty on a knifes edge.

Probably will not renew with them.
Closed Thread