JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 01.07.2020, 16:53
Junior Loader

https://imgur.com/a/azeBTx3
I added a screenshot of what I see in help. There was some reference to 64-bit. Java seems to be running 64-bit mode and has a max size of 8GB. I'm also running Azureus which using java.

Back to the earlier configuration files

"JDownloader2.vmoptions

-Xms64m
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

edited to:
-Xms8g
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

It made no difference to the ram usage read from IObit perormance monitor. "

Do I need to add a line for
-XmX8g
?
Old 01.07.2020, 17:20
Script Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteratarms View Post
... Java seems to be running 64-bit mode and has a max size of 8GB.
Your screenshot shows 8 GB (7.97 GB) has in fact been correctly assigned to JD. But, it also shows that the full 7.97 GB is currently used (allocated), which will result in lag due to intensive memory management tasks caused by insufficient memory. You can try increasing the allocated memory. Keep an eye on the stats in the About dialog. For optimal performance the 'allocated' value should always be less than 'max' value.
Old 01.07.2020, 18:23
Junior Loader

I added another screenshot of my desktop. Unfortunately it does not show the 4GB limit I'm encountering because I am currently using jdownloader and have removed the linklist to backup but trust me although it says 8GB, jdownloader is hitting an invisible 4GB limit which means as you can see only 0.9GB is available for the link list when I add it back.

There is no issue as it is now but it can't cope when I add 300,000 links in the linklist. I tried adding 8GB where it was 64MB before.

Am I definatley using jdownloader 64 bit?

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

This is the stats on the file I am using:

File type Win32 EXE
Magic PE32+ executable for MS Windows (GUI) Mono/.Net assembly
File size 34.72 MB (36403960 bytes)

I think I need to download a new 64 bit version.

I will save my download link list.

Just downloaded and installed - it says 32-bit in task manager and it even says 32 - bit for java in that about page. The download link said "32/64 bit webinstaller". Should this be so difficult to get a kosher 64-bit executable.

Last edited by Masteratarms; 01.07.2020 at 18:44.
Old 01.07.2020, 18:53
Script Master

Quote:
Am I definatley using jdownloader 64 bit?
Seems so. The memory stats in JD also appear to be accurate. The actual usage will vary depending on the active task in JD.

While at some point the usage hit 7.97 GB (max allowed), at the time you took the 1st screenshot, it had dropped down to 1.72 GB and at the 2nd it was 1.52 GB. It think it would be safe to assume, the lag is caused by insufficient memory, maybe even for a short time.
Old 01.07.2020, 19:40
Junior Loader

I copied the new jdownloader folder onto an SSD and forced it to run in 64 - bit with this command:
java -Xmx8g -jar "E:\Program Files\JDownloader 2.0\jdownloader.jar" .
This is with just my link list no download list therefore uses less memory. I think with 3900x, SSD (irrelevant from speed of access), 32GB ram; its just slow as *%$£ to respond to my command to delete 3 links of +700000.

I believe I saw like 4.01GB on the about screen at one point. When using the 8GB option from .vmoptions the new .exe would not start (screenshot 1 up from bottom).

Edit: having pasted the link to imgur here the parse clipboard is up, while its still trying to delete.

Last edited by Masteratarms; 01.07.2020 at 19:43.
Old 01.07.2020, 20:34
Script Master

Quote:
... its just slow as *%$£ to respond to my command to delete 3 links of +700000.
Memory seems to be sufficient. Deleted with or without filter active? Did you try adjusting the write delay value in advanced settings? If the problem persists, I would suggest you try deleting them with a eventscripter script.

If you need help with the script, you can find me in JD Chat. I will be available there for the next hour or so.
Code:
kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#jdownloader
Old 01.07.2020, 21:00
Junior Loader

Ok, got something workable now. 1 Jdownloader on current tasks and 1 Jdownloader slowly deleting links.

Not sure I need anymore help thx.
Old 02.07.2020, 13:29
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback.

Another hint which has todo less with memory usage:
When addin such many items, it can help to disable linkchecking temporarily so they will at least be displayed faster/immediately in the linkgrabber:
Settings --> Advanced Settings --> do link check --> Disable --> Restart JD

Keep in mind that without linkchecking, most of all items you add will be displayed with a blue questionmark- and without filename- and filesize.

This may vary - for archive.org URLs or e.g. Cloud services such as onedrive, items will get displayed as usual because all of their information gets pre-set during the crawl process without "losing" any time.

-psp-
JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Old 03.07.2020, 11:35
Junior Loader

Edit:
Java using 16GB
Going to try using notepad++ see if its more efficient.

Restarted PC and just opening the directory and notepad++ its lagging. The linkgrabber list extracted ok though, over 1million files and my hard drive MFT has 4 fragments now (can fix with paragon HDM).

java -Xmx8g -jar "E:\Program Files\JDownloader 2.0 New\jdownloader.jar"

I'm stopping this task its run for two days. I will try adding just one link grabber package at a time and do that tweak you suggest.

This is the message from the command prompt. How can I enable it to use more memory?:

893|Log.L.log 03/07/20 10:02:07 - SEVERE [ Log.L.log ] -> Exception thrown at org.jdownloader.gui.views.linkgrabber.quickfilter.FilterTable$3.delayedrun(FilterTable.java:146):
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

893|Log.L.log 03/07/20 10:02:32 - SEVERE [ Log.L.log ] -> Exception thrown at org.jdownloader.gui.views.linkgrabber.quickfilter.FilterTable$3.delayedrun(FilterTable.java:146):

THREAD: 901
901|Log.L.log 03/07/20 10:10:20 - SEVERE [ Log.L.log ] -> Exception thrown at org.jdownloader.gui.views.linkgrabber.quickfilter.FilterTable$3.delayedrun(FilterTable.java:146):

901|Log.L.log 03/07/20 10:10:42 - SEVERE [ Log.L.log ] -> Exception thrown at org.jdownloader.gui.views.linkgrabber.quickfilter.FilterTable$3.delayedrun(FilterTable.java:146):

901|Log.L.log 03/07/20 10:11:20 - SEVERE [ Log.L.log ] -> Exception thrown at org.jdownloader.gui.views.linkgrabber.quickfilter.FilterTable$3.delayedrun(FilterTable.java:146):

901|Log.L.log 03/07/20 10:15:00 - SEVERE [ Log.L.log ] -> Exception thrown at org.jdownloader.gui.views.linkgrabber.quickfilter.FilterTable$3.delayedrun(FilterTable.java:146):

901|Log.L.log 03/07/20 10:15:49 - SEVERE [ Log.L.log ] -> Exception thrown at org.jdownloader.gui.views.linkgrabber.quickfilter.FilterTable$3.delayedrun(FilterTable.java:146):

901|Log.L.log 03/07/20 10:16:28 - SEVERE [ Log.L.log ] -> Exception thrown at org.jdownloader.gui.views.linkgrabber.quickfilter.FilterTable$3.delayedrun(FilterTable.java:146):

901|Log.L.log 03/07/20 10:17:17 - SEVERE [ Log.L.log ] -> Exception thrown at org.jdownloader.gui.views.linkgrabber.quickfilter.FilterTable$3.delayedrun(FilterTable.java:146):

THREAD: 909
909|Log.L.log 03/07/20 10:22:17 - SEVERE [ Log.L.log ] -> Exception thrown at org.jdownloader.gui.views.linkgrabber.quickfilter.FilterTable$3.delayedrun(FilterTable.java:146):

909|Log.L.log 03/07/20 10:24:41 - SEVERE [ Log.L.log ] -> Exception thrown at org.jdownloader.gui.views.linkgrabber.quickfilter.FilterTable$3.delayedrun(FilterTable.java:146):

909|Log.L.log 03/07/20 10:30:57 - SEVERE [ Log.L.log ] -> Exception thrown at org.jdownloader.gui.views.linkgrabber.quickfilter.FilterTable$3.delayedrun(FilterTable.java:146):

909|Log.L.log 03/07/20 10:31:34 - SEVERE [ Log.L.log ] -> Exception thrown at org.jdownloader.gui.views.linkgrabber.quickfilter.FilterTable$3.delayedrun(FilterTable.java:146):

909|Log.L.log 03/07/20 10:32:12 - SEVERE [ Log.L.log ] -> Exception thrown at org.jdownloader.gui.views.linkgrabber.quickfilter.FilterTable$3.delayedrun(FilterTable.java:146):

I'm restarting the task with these settings
Settings --> Advanced Settings --> do link check --> Disable --> Restart JD done
Only added one link list archive but seems to have the same number of links

You can see there is a cap @ 4GB still
java -Xmx16g -jar "E:\Program Files\JDownloader 2.0 New\jdownloader.jar"
Makes no difference

I'm going to try culling using notepad++ too.

Last edited by Masteratarms; 03.07.2020 at 13:00.
Old 03.07.2020, 15:11
Community Manager

Hm yeah seems like you've reached ther boundaries of what's possibly inside JD.
It can handle a lot of URLs but I guess that plus using the filter functionality is just too much :(

-psp-
JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist