JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01.04.2011, 12:35
remi

@Jiaz

Sorry for the confusion. Read my EDIT in #756.

@ALL

Please, provide example links when you report issues about a host.
Old 01.04.2011, 20:42
d3v4st4t3

Sorry for delay here are the sample links and screenshot.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Attached Thumbnails
JD.jpg  
Old 02.04.2011, 03:09
jameslys

I am also facing the problem of host disconnected when trying to download file from fileserve using jdownloader. Does anyone have solution for this?
Old 02.04.2011, 03:59
magma_blaziken

Default Fileserve problems

I'm also having problems with Fileserve recently. When the file size is say 350MB it will continue downloading beyond that and cause the file to be corrupt and bigger than original size. It seems random (happens to some file for no reason whatsoever) and downloading without parallel connections (1 download thread) seems to help
Old 02.04.2011, 09:48
JD English Support (inactive)

Read the common problems section of the Self Help Index. Also read the Hoster-Plugins rules and supply the requested information. The links are in my signature.

1) Set Max. Con. = 1.
2) Make sure your Antivirus or firewall is not interfering with JDownloader.exe, java.exe, or javaw.exe. (See Choosing and Installing Security Software).

If the file is a video or audio file, check the file in a program like VLC. Some of the servers have been supplying the incorrect MD5 hash for files.

If a file says 350MB, the server has often rounded the size. An extra few MB is usually OK.
Old 02.04.2011, 10:42
JD Manager

i suggest to use max connection =1 until fileserve fixed this. i just contacted them
Old 03.04.2011, 12:27
mckv

any eta on fileserve free account support?
Old 03.04.2011, 14:29
JD Manager

not yet cause i still wait for their api to become public.
Old 04.04.2011, 19:45
NuclearTofu

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum so please bare with me when i'm posting in the wrong section.

Well, i got a Rapidshare and a Fileserve account. Rapidshare works great, downloading at maximum speed. With Fileserve though, downloads stop for no reason or error report and they wont restart until i reset my modem. Also downloads are incredibely slow, like one quarter from regular Rapidshare downloads. So if i download files of 5gb i would've to reboot my pc at least 3 times while downloading at 300 kb/s instead of the regular 1300kb/s.

Couldn't test this with CryptLoad yet.

So is there a problem with Jdownloader or should i check with the hoster?

Cheers..

Last edited by NuclearTofu; 04.04.2011 at 19:53.
Old 04.04.2011, 21:26
JD Manager

fileserve is having server issues, you can only wait till they fixed it.
slow download speed can also be normal.
Old 06.04.2011, 10:13
Fo4RaX

Oh just great! As you may remember I've been experiencing the "Disconnect? Wait xx:xx". As that is not enough I'm now also getting landing error :s
Every day that passes by I get more upset with FSe...

Btw: out of curiousity, what is landing error?
It's probably been answered before but going through 39 pages now is hard
Old 06.04.2011, 15:56
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vjeetn View Post
Btw: out of curiousity, what is landing error?
A landing error is one of many fileserve errors.
Our plugin also catchaes unknown errors and saves them in the log.
If you want us to add errorhandling for your unknown landing errors, please post a log;)

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 06.04.2011, 19:53
Fo4RaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
If you want us to add errorhandling for your unknown landing errors, please post a log;)

GreeZ pspzockerscene
Log:
http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/34621

I also get a connection refused after downloading a couple KB's.
First, it starts showing connections and starts downloading. Then it says Wait 01s. This goes on & on for a couple times and then I get the connection refused.
Lowering the max. connection might solve this, no?

I can't seem to reproduce the landing errors but think it changed now to FATAL server error, contact fileserve support. Those files are 241B according to JD lol.

BTW: is it me or are there even more FSe servers going down? I hate it, several links in JD now that I can't get my hands on. Grrr

Last edited by Fo4RaX; 06.04.2011 at 19:56.
Old 06.04.2011, 20:00
Community Manager

Hi
Landing errors and "FATAL Server error, contact fileserve support" are 2 different errors.
"FATAL Server error, contact fileserve support" really means that you should contact their support.
It usually means that there was an unknown 404 error so take the link that failed, send it to the fileserve support and ask why it isn't downloadable.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 07.04.2011, 01:15
Fo4RaX

When I open the link in my browser they "seem" to be there.
However when I proceed, the page loads very slowly to eventually end up with a "file no longer accessible". In the address bar it says "landing-error.php?error_code=404"
So it's both landing error and 404 lol.
Will wait a few days and see what happens. If they stay like this I'll contact them (again).
Old 07.04.2011, 14:29
Breal

Default Unknown landing error

Hi guys,

I always get an unknown landing error for this file in Jdownloader, I happen to have the direct link here: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

If I try to download directly over the web I also get a landing error (landing-1403.php; Your IP ***.***.***.*** is already downloading a file or you are using a shared IP address with your ISP.). I've tried this one file on three different computers each with different internet provider, without success.

Can anyone, preferably with a premium account, try to download this file please? Cheers
Old 07.04.2011, 15:53
Community Manager

@Breal
Please post a log!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 07.04.2011, 22:23
Breal

Here's the logfile: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Cheers!
Old 07.04.2011, 22:49
abud

Default Fileserve plugin outdated

Plugin outdated, try restarting this link Download failed!

I tried on latest nightly build 14038 on 2 different computer.
Old 07.04.2011, 22:52
mulmul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breal View Post
Hi guys,

I always get an unknown landing error for this file in Jdownloader, I happen to have the direct link here: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

If I try to download directly over the web I also get a landing error (landing-1403.php; Your IP ***.***.***.*** is already downloading a file or you are using a shared IP address with your ISP.). I've tried this one file on three different computers each with different internet provider, without success.

Can anyone, preferably with a premium account, try to download this file please? Cheers
file works perfectly fine with premium , your ISP is behind IWF filterx)

hxxp://fileserve.com/file/sQA4bzY is from a fs794dm.fileserve.com

Last edited by mulmul; 07.04.2011 at 22:55.
Old 07.04.2011, 23:14
Breal

mulmul is there any way I can still download this file? It sucks to just have this 1 file left in my Simpsons collection:biggrin:.
Old 08.04.2011, 13:06
yufors

Hi men!

I've the same problem. I bought a premium fileserve account days ago. It works perfectly with Jdownloader, but without a reason, some links just don't work. JDownloader says "No internet connection?" in each of them. It happens in some links, so I can't extract my downloads cause I lack 2-3 parts. I can't download them with my browser: the link doesn't exists.

With that info you can think I'm a stupid noob and those links are just down. But no! What freaks me out is that all those broken links work in other places where I tried to download them (university, reading rooms, etc).

Any idea?????????:outch::outch::outch::outch::outch::outch::outch::outch::outch::outch::outch::outch::outch::o utch::outch::outch::outch:

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!
Old 08.04.2011, 13:12
JD Manager

you can try out to modify the hosts file to provide a correct dns resolv.
iwf blocks fileserve for many isp.
Old 08.04.2011, 15:29
BugMeNot Account

Hi all
I have a problem
I have downloaded a big folder of files from fileserve for 3 days, but when I opened jdownloader again this morning, to continue finishing downloading those files, it told me Plugin Out Dated.
Please help
Thanks, Bye :D
Old 08.04.2011, 15:36
Community Manager

Your post doesn't contain all the information we need.
Helping you is easier for us if you read the rules before posting and follow them so we have all information we need to help.
Information which could be missing are for example: Log & Example Links (the links you tried to download with JD).

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 09.04.2011, 01:24
BugMeNot Account

Default fileserve 13993 : unknown landing error

Hi. This is not the same person from post #781. I keep getting an unknown landing error with a particular fileserve link in jdownloader. I also cannot download it from the browser; I get the please wait 900 seconds. I have tried changing my IP address and deleting cookie but I still get the error in jdownloader and my browser (firefox 3.6.16).

Other fileserve links seem to work fine. It's just this one. So I assume it's not a problem with jdownloader? I don't know. But the error message says to contact jdownloader for support so that's what I'm doing. The logfile link is http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/34858
The fileserve link is **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Using jdownloader 0.9.581, Sun Java 1.06_24-b07, winxp sp3
Old 09.04.2011, 01:55
Fo4RaX

Oh c'mon! FileServe is getting messed up more by the day.

[URL=**External links are only visible to Support Staff** border="0" referrerpolicy="no-referrer" alt="" />

I'll be contacting them soon (again!).

Last edited by Fo4RaX; 09.04.2011 at 02:21.
Old 09.04.2011, 02:09
BugMeNot Account

oh yea I also wanted to point out a really annoying problem. If you have added links in the linkgrabber window and then you close jdownloader you will lose all those links the next time you open jdownloader. This has frustrated me on more than one occasion.

I don't want to load all the links in the download window because many times I have different host links for the same file so there's no reason to load them all. I could disable the links and then load in the download window but some hosts will not reconnect after you disable and then re-enable. I have to copy the url again and add it through linkgrabber, then delete the original. It's a hassle.

Can you make jdownloader remember the links in linkgrabber please?
Old 09.04.2011, 14:34
JD Manager

jd does handle interchangable links itself. just add all mirrors and jd will disable the others automatic. no need to keep the mirror in linkgrabber list.

but we will add a warning and/or saving option for linkgrabber too in future
Old 10.04.2011, 02:47
BugMeNot Account

Quote:
jd does handle interchangable links itself. just add all mirrors and jd will disable the others automatic. no need to keep the mirror in linkgrabber list.

but we will add a warning and/or saving option for linkgrabber too in future

I don't want to load all because I like to pick and choose which mirror I want to use. Many hosts are worse to use than others. Thanks for considering this.
Old 10.04.2011, 12:34
BugMeNot Account

Hi
I'm not the same of other buggsy accounts.
I'd like to inform you that jdownloader tells me "unknown landing error, please contact our support"

I attached my log and the files I' ve tried to download.

Bye
Attached Files
File Type: zip LOG and Files.zip (11.7 KB, 239 views)
Old 10.04.2011, 12:48
Community Manager

@buggsy
Thanks, i improved the errorhandling, wait for the next update!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 10.04.2011, 14:02
ps3lewis

Default Server Error Fileserve downloads wont start

This is doing my head in i can select a batch of fileserve files into my jdownloader and it says there all online some of them start but a few start saying server error 15m 00s countdown starts. Been like this all weekend all my other files downloaded fine but do a few parts of the download still waiting. anyone having the same issue....
Old 10.04.2011, 14:22
Community Manager

Merged fileserve threads!
---
@ps3lewis
1.WHERE is the log?
2.Are you a free- or premiumuser?
3.WHERE are the example links?
4.Can you download the files manually through your browser?

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 10.04.2011, 14:49
remi

@buggsy of post #787 (the one with the lost linkgrabber links issue)

You can disable links in the Linkgrabber before you move them to the download queue.
Old 10.04.2011, 22:40
Fo4RaX

Exactly, you can add the same files from two different hosts.
Just disable the ones from the host you don't want to download at that time (in linkgrabber list) and click continue with all.
Then you'll have all the links from both hosts (same files) in JD.
Old 11.04.2011, 13:04
Fo4RaX

Sorry for posting 2 messages shortly after eachother but I've got some very important news from FSe.

I contaced Ricky who is employed at Fileserve about all the landing errors and dead links and received an honest reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vjeetn
Hi Rick,

Thanks for looking into it

First two links are on server fs2271dm.fileserve.com

These next ones are online if I follow the link in my browser.
However, if I proceed I get the message in browser: The file or page you tried to access is no longer accessible.
These appear to be landing errors (404). Don't know what that exactly means but JD staff has told me this is problem with the FSe servers.

These are only a few examples. As you've seen in the screenshot I have a whole list of links in JD that fail.
I suspect these are all on the same server.

Thx

Reply from RickyFS
FS2271 and 846 died as I explained. I've jsut recently heard from techs that some files on 846 can be recovered whereas 2271 has a dimer expectancy of recovering files. If you have files uploaded on 2271 you're recommended to reupload them.

For these two:

I've requested for them to be looked into.

Thanks

So basically this means:

If you're trying to download files from fs2271dm.fileserve.com or fs846dm.fileserve.com and you get a FATAL ERROR / landing error (404) you won't be able to get these files as their servers have crashed. Chances of data recovery are slim so don't expect to get those files ever again. If you uploaded to those servers and they are unreachable it is advised to reupload them.

Very sad news as I've had several needed files on that particular server. At least I'm glad I finally got an honest explanatory reply. The reply from FSe support I got a while back only said they're aware of it and working on it. But now we know we don't have to try getting those files back.

Maybe an admin can put this information at the beginning of this topic or make it a sticky?
A lot of people have come here to complain about the same problems (including me )

EDIT:
Followup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vjeetn
Ok, thanks for the explanation Ricky.
Such a pity those servers crashed and that recovery is slim on 2271 as this one seems to hold most of the dead links I needed.
Hope the other ones can be fixed though.
Do you have an idea when the recovery will be started or are they already working on it?
And if so, will the recovered files (if any) be linked to the same links as before?

I contacted FSe support myself some time ago but the answers were vague i.e. "we are aware of it" but they didn't tell me the servers basically died and recovery chances are slim.

At least I'm happy I finally got a clear answer from you
Thanks again and have a nice day.

Reply from Ricky:
They're looking into 2271, but they report it may be a goner. For files located on 846 they may be able to recover a little under half of the drive containing the files.

The files that are recovered from 846 will have same links. Links won't change.

They didn't know that 2271 and 846 were dead. This is something we've been made aware of recently. Everything isn't passed down immediately due to the sheer size of the company. That should give you the idea that we aren't just 5 people working on this site

Last edited by Fo4RaX; 11.04.2011 at 13:36.
Old 11.04.2011, 13:20
JD Manager

added support for the 404 landing page
Old 11.04.2011, 13:31
Fo4RaX

Quote:
added support for the 404 landing page
Thx Jiaz.
Any way of making this message more visible?
Think this will solve a lot of people's questions/complaints.

EDIT: well, if the report in JD is clear there's no need to make the forum message pop up more I guess

Last edited by Fo4RaX; 11.04.2011 at 13:38.
Old 11.04.2011, 14:11
remi

Could you please explain how one can detect/obtain the server for a particular FSe link?
Closed Thread