JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 18.05.2019, 13:51
Sadarax

Default Graphics Errors on Linux

Recently I started having graphics glitches with JDownloader on Linux. I've been using JDownloader for years now and I love it. I'm not sure what changed.

I have attached screen capture images of what the graphical errors look like. The only things I have done is remove any identifiable information by painting with bright red color. The rest of the image is exactly as it appears on my system.

My system specs:

Code:
Operating System: Kubuntu 19.04
KDE Plasma Version: 5.15.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.56.0
Qt Version: 5.12.2
Kernel Version: 5.0.0-13-generic
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 15.5 GiB of RAM
Nvidia Driver version: 418.56
I have 4k dual-monitor displays using Nvidia. I think this version of Ubuntu is using Wayland by default, but I am not sure that matters.

Troubleshooting so far:

I have downloaded a fresh copy of JDownloader and installed it cleanly. The error results were the same.

I have tested using Nvidia and open-source Nouveau provided drivers (full reboots) but it made not difference with the graphics redraw errors. There is nothing like JDownloader and I would really love to continue using it. Any help would be appreciated.

The only Setting change I made to JDownloader was LAFSettings: Font Scale Factor set to 200 (just so I can read the text on my big 4k monitor display). But the errors occur if I return it to the default 100. I'm only listing that in case it is relevant. The graphical errors still happen even on default fresh installs of JDownloader.

Please help.
Old 18.05.2019, 19:53
JD Manager

What java version are you using?
Check about dialog of JDownloader.
Most likely this is caused by compatibility issues between java and your window manager.