JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 03.05.2022, 04:53
Mega Loader

Default Sending through MyJdownloader... rename by the larger file's name?

When i send a link to MyJdownloader, there are always two files coming in to the link grabber (due to how i set filters)

the problem is, the sent link comes as two separate packages.
btw the link example is this:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Basically i want them to be one package so that i can create a packagizer rule that will rename both to package's name. but they always come separated...

how can i solve this?
Old 03.05.2022, 05:15
Mega Loader

can i somehow , get the package's name from the largest file in the package and then set the names of the files in that same package to be the package's name? that was what i would do but it involves some scripting which idont have...
Old 03.05.2022, 16:28
JD Manager

@I3ordo: When I add this link via MyJDownloader, both links *land* in the same package.
How do you add the links? Have you set any packagizer rules? When I add the link itself or select both , always *land* in the same package.
Old 03.05.2022, 16:30
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ordo View Post
Basically i want them to be one package so that i can create a packagizer rule that will rename both to package's name. but they always come separated...
You cannot access package name here as the package name is auto-generated from filename because package name is not pre-set manually or by any involved plugin. so the links are processed without a package(name) and the package(name) is auto generated in last step of link processing

Quote:
can i somehow , get the package's name from the largest file in the package
That's not possible because a packagizer rule has no knowledge of any other package/link
Old 03.05.2022, 16:32
JD Manager

Quote:
the problem is, the sent link comes as two separate packages.
Can you send screenshots? How do you add the links exactly? both at once or one after another?
Old 04.05.2022, 04:44
Mega Loader

i send links at once by the right click "Download with Jdownloader"
the actual link
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

they are appear as two packages despite send from a single action.

the archive is placed in a same named package while the image is in an autocreated "Various Files"

my packagizer rule is just download url triggers to a predefined directory. My link grabber filters are accepting only accepting from specific url so that only the necessary image gets added.

here is another link from other site

this creates 3 packages one in each file however i would love to see it create one single package to wrap them all in. then maybe i could just create rule that renames them by the package name but since it comes as separate packages.. cant utilitze it for now..

my guess is, when hosters are different, they go to different packages, is there a way to turn that of so that they get to a single package ? archive hoster is rdpgtr, image hoster is imgur

Last edited by I3ordo; 04.05.2022 at 19:32.
Old 04.05.2022, 17:39
Community Manager

I can't reproduce your issues.
Please post a screenshot of your user defined Packagizer rules.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 04.05.2022, 19:41
Mega Loader

I have disabled every packagizer and link grabber filter/show rules.
the link is

the links brought by the addon looks like this.

packagizer rules disabled like this

i also disabled archive extractor, packagizer and linkgrabber filter features globally

still the links arrive in separate packages...

i think it s the general settings\linkgrabber "Group single files in a "various package" option...
i found it i think
nope, it got worse with that various page option disabled, now every file has its own package...

here is how this link **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
gets to jdownload when send with JDownloader add on in opera browser, with all packagizer+linkgrabber filters and single files into various packages settings disabled.

Last edited by I3ordo; 04.05.2022 at 19:55.
Old 05.05.2022, 02:58
Mega Loader

maybe i should reinstall both opera addon along with the JDownloader? to take things to default values?
Old 05.05.2022, 09:47
Community Manager

I still don't see any kind of bug here.
The items get auto grouped this way because it makes sense for the auto grouping.
To accomplish what you want, I'd create a custom Packagizer rule to group e.g. all items from down3dmodels.com/<title> into a package named "title".
Here is how I would do it:

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 05.05.2022, 16:51
Mega Loader

Hey! thank you for the suggestions, having them auto-added to a predefined package will be good and i will apply this. this will eliminate the clutter on the completed downloads list.

However i am very curious if the thing i am trying is possible.

when links sent to JD via MyJD , they appear with their own names(which is ofcourse natural),

what i was trying to accomplish by trying to pack them to a single package was to have both files have the same name.

so "chair.rar" file and "abcxyz.jpg" , would both renamed to
chair.jpg | chair.rar

What would solve my situation with pinpoint accuracy would be.

downloads sends to jdownloader va MyJD addon, and appear into linkgrabber gets auto renamed by the source url's page name.(ofcourse excluding the extension).

in this case, i need something like <jd:containername> which i suspect it exists, currently checking now.
Old 05.05.2022, 16:57
Mega Loader

well, the container name is not a dynamic variable or i call it wrong it seems.
these settings

Resulted in these two files.:

:D

however i am soo close to what i want to achieve i think
due to this:

this regex gets me what i need to extract:
i place it to "source url(s) contains (w regex enabled)
then filename:<jd:source:1>
how do i <jd:source:1>+keep extension.
because currently
extensions are lost

then
regexed on the original filename by
Code:
.(jpg|png|gif|zip|rar)$
and
Code:
<jd:source:1>.<jd:orgfilename:1>
new file name.

Voila!

So i can right click on a page lick copy adress and directly paste it to JD, it all files get the name of the web page that it was copied from.

So i can not use MyJD cause if i use MyJdownloader addon and right click on this **External links are only visible to Support Staff**link "download with Jd":
i get **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** instead of **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**.

This is the last roadblock it seems but i dont speak too soon

getting a hang of this am i now?:) wonderful program.....

Last edited by I3ordo; 05.05.2022 at 17:37.
Old 05.05.2022, 17:28
JD Manager

Quote:
what i was trying to accomplish by trying to pack them to a single package was to have both files have the same name.

so "chair.rar" file and "abcxyz.jpg" , would both renamed to
chair.jpg | chair.rar
You can try an additional
Quote:
<jd:source:1>.<jd:orgfiletype>
on Filename
Old 05.05.2022, 17:29
JD Manager

You can click into field and rightclick to see available tags
also see here https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...the-packagizer
Old 05.05.2022, 17:40
Mega Loader

yay, i was not expecting a response so soon so i edited my latest post on for updates, the post now will look weird due to cross talk

yes did these then
regexed on the original filename by
Code:
.(jpg|png|gif|zip|rar)$
and
Code:
<jd:source:1>.<jd:orgfilename:1>
new file name.

but Jd already had the orgfiletype variable! will clean that thing i just made up
So this is where i am at.

i can right click on a page rclick copy linkaddress and directly paste it to JD, it all files get the name of the web page that it was copied from.

But if i use MyJdownloader addon and right click on this **External links are only visible to Support Staff**link "download with Jd":
i get **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** instead of **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**.

Last edited by I3ordo; 05.05.2022 at 17:42.
Old 05.05.2022, 17:47
Mega Loader

So instead of getting the filename from Source URL, and extract filename, i should get the container's name and extract a proper filename, this will allow me to use Myjdownloader , a thousand less mouse clicks.
Old 05.05.2022, 17:52
JD Manager

@I3ordo: you can only access container/package name if manually set (eg via MyJDownloader) or a previous rule has set a package name
Old 05.05.2022, 17:59
Mega Loader

so i cant get container url and set some part of it as a variable, i can only do it for source urls...
to get container name, it should first get to linkgrabber, but since renaming happens before linkgrabber gets the file, i will have to do it manually for each file?_
correct so far?
Old 05.05.2022, 18:04
JD Manager

@I3ordo:
I was referring to container name = package name. If you parse the name from url and set it as package name, then of course you can later use it as condition/information for other rules
Old 05.05.2022, 18:05
JD Manager

Quote:
to get container name, it should first get to linkgrabber, but since renaming happens before linkgrabber gets the file, i will have to do it manually for each file?_
correct so far?
You can tell rule to work after linkgrabber/linkcheck by also setting online codition to it. But you cannot access the auto generated package name in rule/condition because this one is created AFTER the packagizer rules.
Old 06.05.2022, 02:17
Mega Loader

well i finally got it , i was getting confused because of the wording..

Container Url = Source URL in packagizer rules menu, that explains why there is no "If container's url match this section at all.. they are the same thing named differently .

It is called "Source Url" in packagizer rules menu and Container Url in "Show download urls" window.

Now with all these information, i think MyJDownloader has a big flaw for my usage situations....As i rename captured files and rename them by source url,

when i am at this page:

When i copy the first entry's web page's link with a right click and "copy link adress"

and paste that link into Jdownloader,
all captured links have the correct "source URL"

But if i do the same with MyJdownloader,(despite me right click the link and execute" download with JDownloader) it incorrectly registers the source URL as
instead of

This is what is preventing me from using MyJdownload add on at all and it think it is a bug or its the way that web site is tryin to avoid crawlers...but again, i believe it s bug of MyJdownloader add on

Last edited by I3ordo; 06.05.2022 at 10:09.
Old 06.05.2022, 13:50
JD Manager

Quote:
This is what is preventing me from using MyJdownload add on at all and it think it is a bug or its the way that web site is tryin to avoid crawlers...but again, i believe it s bug of MyJdownloader add on
It's no bug, it's a feature and also available without MyJDownloader.
When you copy via MyJDownloader, the extension will also add the sourceURL (browser tab url).
Same happens/works when you do select the link and copy selection (CTRL+C) to clipboard instead of rightclick copy. When you have a selection, JDownloader often is able to also read the current browser tab url and it's one of the sourceURLs. With rightclick copy, this is not possible.

sourceURL(s) in Packagizer Rules are ALL URLs that lead to final URL. DownloadURL -> the final URL. sourceURL = every url inbetween, the link you copy, a page between, maybe link shortener.
DownloadURL -> Z
sourceURLs -> A->B->C...Z

You just have to modify the sourceURL contains rule to match on the sourceURL you are interested in.

Last edited by Jiaz; 06.05.2022 at 13:57.
Old 07.05.2022, 23:15
Mega Loader

Okay i agree that it s not a bug , it happens with this web site which uncovers the real links only on mouse hover.
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**.

when right clicked on **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
and send to myjdownloader addon

it does not happen with other web sites.

note: when i rightclick to send it with the addon, my mouse hovers over the link but iguess somethings happen which breaks the "mouse hovered over" status

Last edited by I3ordo; 07.05.2022 at 23:17.
Old 09.05.2022, 18:11
JD Manager

@I3ordo: When you add a link via MyJDownloader extension, the extension will try to add as much information as possible, so the current tab will be added as source url as well. So in this case you have current tab, the copied link, both are source URLs as they lead to the final link
When you do it directory on a page of an item, then there is no page between current tab and final links.

In short: there is no problem/bug at all. All you have to do is to make sure your sourceURL condition matches on the correct url you want to process
Old 09.05.2022, 18:12
JD Manager

Quote:
it does not happen with other web sites.
It happens on every website. It only depends on if you add the final links directly or add another link/page where the links are embedded in.