JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 22.01.2010, 13:08
Magensa

Red face Different directory for unfinished downloads

Dear Jdownloader Community,

maybe it's already possible but i haven't found it yet:
I want my unfinished downloads to be in a different directory then the finished ones, without always doing it by myself. Is that already possible, or if not, would it be possible to make it happen?

Would be nice, if that works ,
thanks,
Magensa
Old 22.01.2010, 14:43
remi

Do you mean that every downloaded file or only the result of an extracted and joined "download set" should be moved?
Old 22.01.2010, 15:17
Magensa

I think about the result and enpacked things, but if it's not a rar file, but for example an exe or an pdf file that doesn't neet to be unrared, then it should be written to the other directory too.
I just think it's not so comfortable to have all the unfinished files or unfinished directories in the same directory the finished ones are...

Would be nice just the way you can handle this in Emule for example (When i rember well, was long ago i used it for the last time) 2 Directories, 1 for the finished, one for the downloading files...

greetz,
Magensa
Old 22.01.2010, 17:34
godfist314

I too want a temporary directory for downloads as I can't use the internet on my own computer and use public libraries almost exclusively. Downthemall! has a temporary directory option and I wish JDownloader had this too!...unless it already has such an option but I can't find it. :(
Old 22.01.2010, 23:10
JD Legend

A separate temp directory that all temp files go. This would be very useful. I use separate folders for each pack, so when I look in to my directories I bump lots of not finished temp files. This feature can solve such troubles.
Old 23.01.2010, 06:03
JD English Support (inactive)

I have entered a Feature request in the Bug reporter.

I have recommended that in addition to the download directory, there should be a final directory. Each would have the question about using subdirectories. The save to a different directory would be removed from JD unrar.

I do not recommend saving all of your downloads into one directory, unless you can be sure that they will all have different names (some uploaders name the archive part files the same, regardless of what is in them).

Also, don't use a temp directory for downloads, or you may lose them!

In Linux and OS-X, the download directory might be in /var/username and the final directory would be in /usr/username.
Old 23.01.2010, 11:42
remi

Feature #1196: Move files to directory after download completion
Old 23.01.2010, 14:12
JD Legend

What I think is below "mytemp" is the temp dir:
c:\mytemp\Tito Gomez - Quien Nos Iba A Decir\Tito_Gomez.temp

When finished:
c:\mydownloads\Tito Gomez - Quien Nos Iba A Decir\Tito Gómez - 02 - Lórara.mp3
c:\mydownloads\Tito Gomez - Quien Nos Iba A Decir\Tito Gómez - 03 - Es Cierto.mp3
Old 23.01.2010, 19:15
Magensa

Well,
nice that I'm not the only one who misses the feature...
Let's hope that there will be someone with the time and knowledge to do something for us.

thanks,
Magensa
Old 23.01.2010, 20:54
Magensa

Ah, yeah,
and there's another thing that would be perfect:
Finished downloads in different directorys by type, videos in a video directory, pictures in pictures, pdf in pdf.....
Would be nice too...
Old 23.01.2010, 23:12

If you are this advanced in using the program, you can write an external script to move things to different directories.

You already can control the directory manually in several ways.
Old 23.01.2010, 23:51
Magensa

Actually I can't scrip...
Never tried to write programs on my own...
I know, it would be a good idea to do so, but it's hard if you have as less time as I have...
(studie Chemistry...)
greez
Old 24.01.2010, 02:21

@Magensa

When I was in college, I had two majors: Chemistry and Computer Science. I graduated with over 1 1/2 times the normal number of units. I know what it is like being a chemistry student. I did my graduate work in Computer Science, so that explains my username.

What OS do you use? I might whip something up that you can easily edit.

The problem is that there are usually 3 or 4 file extensions, they would end up in different places. I think using the extension of the longest file would work.
======================
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunayx
What I think is below "mytemp" is the temp dir:
c:\mytemp\Tito Gomez - Quien Nos Iba A Decir\Tito_Gomez.temp

When finished:
c:\mydownloads\Tito Gomez - Quien Nos Iba A Decir\Tito Gómez - 03 - Es Cierto.mp3
More like
Code:
c:\mytemp\Tito Gomez - Quien Nos Iba A Decir\Tito_Gomez.zip.part
The ".part" says that it is downloading, not complete.
    When Finished:
    Or:
c:\mymusicdownloads\Tito Gomez - Quien Nos Iba A Decir\Tito Gómez - 02 - Lórara.mp3
c:\mymusicdownloads\Tito Gomez - Quien Nos Iba A Decir\Tito Gómez - 03 - Es Cierto.mp3

Last edited by drbits; 24.01.2010 at 02:36.
Old 24.01.2010, 14:27
Magensa

Hi...
I'm using windows 7, x64...
If it is too complicate, to have different directories for different file types, it doesn't matter... That would just be kind of an extra feature, sometimes practically, but not really necessary... The downloading/finished directories however would be great...

And i think the Problem about your Code, as far as I understand is, that the way you want to make it, every part will change it's directory, if finished...
But it would be better, if only finished packeges change place...
And maybe the filetransfer should be done by Jdwonloader, because if not it might be a problem with the auto unrar? But it's you the chiefs of programming...

Thanks a lot for your immediate help...
Magensa
Old 10.07.2010, 15:52
dmc99

different foldes for downloading and finished content would be great, because there would be no moving of parts of unfinished packages!
then you can directly see which packages are downloaded (and extracted) and are ready for use.
(same like good old emule "incoming" folder for unfinished packages!)
Old 10.07.2010, 16:12

There is already a feature in JD unrar to move the extracted files to a different directory. There is a proposal to extend this to files that are not unrared (http://svn.jdownloader.org/issues/show/1196).

Currently, we cannot move files to different directories based on the file type, because we are normally dealing with archives and they usually contain different file types. There is a proposal for the future to add categories to packages and to move the finished files to a directory based on the category (nothing fancy, the category name would become part of the path name).

Also see http://svn.jdownloader.org/issues/show/1234.

drbits.

Last edited by drbits; 10.07.2010 at 16:31.
Old 06.04.2012, 18:23
madascene

This thread is 1.5 years old. The requested feature should have been added by now but its still not there. Has it been forgotten?
Old 06.04.2012, 20:20
Xavyer

No the Devs had other things to do, at the moment there are 400 feature wishes open next to 200 Bugs. And only a few Devs which also want to have a life.
When you need that, look for an Java Dev and let him write that Addon.
Old 07.04.2012, 19:27
madascene

I understand but 1.5 years to make a small change? The requested feature already exists for rar files, just need it to be extended to all file types and we are good.
Old 08.04.2012, 16:25
Community Manager

Sorry we can't do anything about it.
The devs decide when it will be released.
...but its open source, you can change/compile it on your own whenever you like

Greez pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 09.04.2012, 04:18
Xavyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madascene View Post
I understand but 1.5 years to make a small change? The requested feature already exists for rar files, just need it to be extended to all file types and we are good.
afaik the Unrar Addon extract the files in the other Folder and dont move them. And many things are just "small" and many Users want his wish first or fast fulfilled but there also big wishes. At the moment the Devs have a higher priority to put out a new Version of JD to move on with many small and big wishes which also exist a long time. Like extraction of 7zip and Zip, Filter System, captcha push, a better Webinterface and so on.
Old 10.04.2012, 03:37
madascene

Quote:
afaik the Unrar Addon extract the files in the other Folder and dont move them.
If you enable the create subpackage option & the delete files after extraction option and then set JD to extract rar files to another folder, it achieves the same purpose as moving the files since most of us want what's inside the rar files and not the rars themselves.

Anyway, I have written a small script for myself that works as a stop gap arrangement until the devs find time to get to it, so I ain't complaining no more.