JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 25.10.2017, 05:31
JD Legend

Default Captcha Local host cant get rid of it

Not sure exactly where to post this as there are a couple of threads discussing the Recaptcha Problems. Please mofe to appropriate area of course.
I know we are stuck with those using google capthchas that we dont seem to have great control over or with but this is getting frustrating.

Until the last update from jd I think I was not having any issues and my web browser was opening and popping up the captchas with no real problem.
Yes they were using the local host within the browser such as **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** as an example.
today though now any place that uses this type of browser I now get the following:
Localhost is not in the list of supported domains for this site key.
I went to the google sign in page and logged in although I never log into google for anything other than sometimes for gmail.
When I logged into their admin side though I tried to enter the two sites I was currently having issue with and their admin side ended up registering my email as an owner I think and gave some keys. I finally found out how to delete that as it didnt work either of course.

I am not sure what in my browser is causing it to try to use the local host and have tried sever things to clear it both in firefox and some other areas in the OS to no avail.

I also finally installed the JD Firefox extension hoping it would fix it but it didnt change a thing either.

Does anyone know how to fix this or s it a setting within JD somewhere I am missing also? I could not find any local host type setting in JD settings.

using OSX 10.6.8 and firefox 48.0.2 (last version for this OS unfortunately.

As a side note of course the host file itself says the following:
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1 localhost
So it is stupid in my opinion for Google to put this type of restriction in their new Recaptcha API.
I am prteetuy sure it has to do with that and that it looks like within JD advanced settings it shows something like **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** which in my case is also set to null
TIA in advance.

Last edited by Statter; 25.10.2017 at 06:34. Reason: Additional info
Old 25.10.2017, 06:20
hostmaster

I'm having the same problem trying to download openload video. I am using firefox on ubuntu. I think it has nothing to do with your browser or your setup at all. Recaptcha is blocking accesses to its services from domains others than does that the key owner added to its supported domains list. So in my case, Jdownloader tries to open the recaptcha box on web page hosted on my local machine (I know this because the address bar is using the 127.0.0.1 loopback ip which is consider the "localhost" domain) and the site key owner, openload in my case, hasn't added localhost to its list, so recaptcha blocks it. That's what I am guessing is happening.

I think this can only by solved if jdownloader developers find a work around this problem.
Old 25.10.2017, 06:48
JD Legend

Yes I think you are correct on that and it did not start happening until the last JD update also. Unfortunately most of the sites that ten to use the recaptcha services are using googles captcha more than likely as I noted in my opening post (also updated with a bit more info for the devs maybe) and you have also mentioned too.

More than likely google screwed up also by not putting that in as a default which is really stupid on their part. But as you said maybe the dev team here can find a workaround that can be defaulted within the JD advanced options or something.

At least we are not alone in this current foobar
Old 25.10.2017, 08:47
JD Manager

https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=75363

Last edited by Jiaz; 25.10.2017 at 08:53.
Old 25.10.2017, 08:56
Black Hole

Doesn't matter. I have the MyJDownloader extension. I have the latest JD2 installation. Some (not all) sites using Recaptcha V2 don't work. For instance, Keep2share still was working today, but Crazyshare is not.

Google recently- like yesterday- changed their default setting to disallow localhost for RCv2 site keys, and they are telling RCv2 customers (the sites that use them, not the end user) to disable localhost if they have it enabled.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

(yes, I know, only the dev can see the link)

They're basically forcing everyone off of 3rd party apps, since you have to load their page entirely to get the captchas.
Old 25.10.2017, 09:04
JD Manager

The update just got released. So please try again
Old 25.10.2017, 09:08
Black Hole

Yeah, my update notifier started blinking like 2 minutes after I posted that. Also I realized my browser extension wasn't the latest version either, it was 3.2.0 and I just updated it to 3.2.2. JD will have to wait as I JUST started a 55-minute non-resumeable download right before all this.
Old 25.10.2017, 09:13
JD Manager

First feedback looks good
@dabrown: you can try out any linkcrypting services that also use recpatchav2
Old 25.10.2017, 09:24
JD Legend

thanks for the fast update ..
my browser does still initially go to the localhost but then that takes me to the site that has the actual recaptcha on it now so it worked ....

what happens if i remove the jdownloader extension though as I never even had it installed till tonight? will jdownloader still take me to the sites recaptcha page?

I just tested with the JD extention disabled and got this:
To solve this kind of captcha, you have to use either the Android app via 'my.jdownloader', or our My.JDownloader browser extension.

So it appears we do need that extension now :(

Last edited by Statter; 25.10.2017 at 09:54. Reason: update on extention test
Old 25.10.2017, 09:34
JD Manager

Without the browser extension the RecaptchaV2 can't be solved anymore.
You can use the MyJDownloader App (Android, iOS) or use 3rd party captcha solvers that support RecaptchaV2. For local solving in Browser the extension is now mandatory
Old 25.10.2017, 09:54
Black Hole

Just updated - it's working fine now, so far. Thanks for the quick fix.
Old 25.10.2017, 10:11
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback
Old 25.10.2017, 10:42
Brainpiercing

Hello, I'm still having issues with Recaptcha, after updating and installing the extension. The captcha comes up with the hoster or linkprotector URL, and I can solve it, but then the process is stuck - nothing happens in jdownloader2 anymore. The tab with the captcha also doesn't close like it used to.

Any hints?
Old 25.10.2017, 11:30
JD Manager

@Brainpiercing: Please open new thread and provide example links
Old 26.10.2017, 21:46
Brainpiercing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@Brainpiercing: Please open new thread and provide example links
Thanks, I will do that tomorrow!