JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 30.12.2021, 16:52
The Dude The Dude is offline
I will play nice!
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 5
Question Sort selected packages only

It seems that this issue has been mentioned a few times over the years, e.g. https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=63440.

I have found that JD2 is a very robust piece of software, which can handle countless links without much issue. Because of this I don't delete my JD2 links anymore, since it doesn't seem to affect the client and it helps me to, among others, keep track of what I downloaded or what I might want to download in the future. I have various "package groups" in both the downloads list and the linkgrabber list.

Now, it'll probably be too much to ask for some sort of system where I could assign packages to categories/groups. The workaround that I use for this now is having "dummy packages" with just a text file in them. Those "dummy packages" are the names of my categories/groups.

However, I'd appreciate it if I could at least select all packages under each category/group and, from the right-click drop-down menu, have the option to sort them by name. In essence, this would mean only sorting a selection of packages rather than all packages, which would completely destroy my arrangement. Could something like this be implemented?

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**This is an example of how I currently arrange my packages, just imagine dozens more packages under each "category"/"group". Here, I would like to sort only packages "example1-4" by name, so that they are in an alphabetic order.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04.01.2022, 18:47
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 76,912
Default

@The Dude: You can select multiple packages and rightclick sort will only sort them according to current mouse column.
Looking at your screen, I now understand and I'm sorry but that's not possible. You want the sorting to only take place within part of the list and not all, right? At least that's how I understand this?!
Why not add category title/identifiert as a prefix of the package name? for example
-Tools - xy
-Tools - bla bla
-Tools - ffaf

That way you can select them and still have them all *grouped together*

and/or you could use Settings->Linkgrabber Filter-> Views and add custom views for each category and then hide/show them in linkgrabber.

another easy solution would be to have multiple JDownloader instances, seperated for each category
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04.01.2022, 19:45
The Dude The Dude is offline
I will play nice!
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 5
Default

@Jiaz

Sorry, I forgot to add a "Request" flag to my post. I do know that this feature isn't currently available.

Quote:
You want the sorting to only take place within part of the list and not all, right? At least that's how I understand this?!
That is correct.

Quote:
Why not add category title/identifiert as a prefix of the package name? for example
-Tools - xy
-Tools - bla bla
-Tools - ffaf
Well, in that case I'd have to add a prefix to thousands of packages manually and after download remove that prefix, since I want my downloads to be just package names (the prefix would only be for JD2). Also, the list would be much less readable as thousands of packages would start with the same prefix.

Quote:
and/or you could use Settings->Linkgrabber Filter-> Views and add custom views for each category and then hide/show them in linkgrabber.
The packages in any one group/category don't necessarily have any common characteristics, which seems to be required by the Linkgrabber Filter. For example, youtube videos can be in two or more groups, so there is no way the Linkgrabber Filter could tell them apart.

Quote:
another easy solution would be to have multiple JDownloader instances, seperated for each category
The issue here is that whenever I use JD2, I grab links and put them into different groups/categories. I'd have to manage links across dozens JD2 instances at the same time.

Quote:
I now understand and I'm sorry but that's not possible.
Of course, I understand that my feature request might not doable or worthwhile doing for the community as a whole. Thanks for considering it. Also, thank you for creating and maintaining JD2.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05.01.2022, 10:52
mgpai mgpai is offline
Script Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Well, in that case I'd have to add a prefix to thousands of packages manually and after download remove that prefix ...
You can repurpose package comment field. Can be added as a column to the download list for sorting purposes and also be used in the bottom toolbar search field to filter the list.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05.01.2022, 16:22
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 76,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpai View Post
You can repurpose package comment field. Can be added as a column to the download list for sorting purposes and also be used in the bottom toolbar search field to filter the list.
@The Dude: It would even be possible to create eventscripter scripts and extend rightclick context menu/hotkeys to fast assign/change pre-defined category to e.g. comment field for fast managing/changing of category
and in combination with filter list on the right side, to quick toggle/view only specific category or those that are not yet assigned.
for example view filter for each category and one that matches when no category is assigned
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin

Last edited by Jiaz; 05.01.2022 at 16:24.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05.01.2022, 16:28
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 76,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Of course, I understand that my feature request might not doable or worthwhile doing for the community as a whole. Thanks for considering it. Also, thank you for creating and maintaining JD2.
That's not what I wrote
I just prefer to make sure that we talk of the same topic and check if other (already possible) solutions/workarounds won't work either.
Of course I can check how complex a *sort only within the selected range*, but that feature would only work when there are no holes within the selection, else it would get complicated really fast.
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05.01.2022, 19:04
The Dude The Dude is offline
I will play nice!
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
You can repurpose package comment field. Can be added as a column to the download list for sorting purposes and also be used in the bottom toolbar search field to filter the list.
Sorting by Comment still doesn't sort the Package Names alphabetically. My objective is to sort a selection of packages by Package Names. Also, this would mean manually adding a comment to every single package. Currently, I have over 1,2000 packages in my Download List and over 500 packages in my Linkgrabber List...

Quote:
(...) that feature would only work when there are no holes within the selection, else it would get complicated really fast.
That would be absolutely sufficient. At the moment, can't even imagine a usecase for sorting packages by Package Name with holes in the selection.

Quote:
Of course I can check how complex a *sort only within the selected range* (...)
If you still considering my request, then that's great. Thanks you.

There is another thing that I didn't want to mention before I see how my first request is received. Namely, it would be really nice if I could exclude specific packages from filter. Those packages would be my group/category "dummy packages". This would allow me to see the "groups"/"categories" even after I apply the filter.

This is what I dream of recently when I go to sleep at night (see attachment).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jd2_request.jpg (131.2 KB, 1 views)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07.01.2022, 16:16
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 76,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
There is another thing that I didn't want to mention before I see how my first request is received. Namely, it would be really nice if I could exclude specific packages from filter. Those packages would be my group/category "dummy packages". This would allow me to see the "groups"/"categories" even after I apply the filter.
You can enable Settings->Advanced Settings->GeneralSettings.filterregex
and then the search bar enables regex mode, so you can make use of patterns, eg
Quote:
(\[####|test)
or
Quote:
\[####|test
I don't think there will be special support for *ignore on filter*

But you have noticed you can also create custom view filters on right side in linkgrabber, via Settings->Linkgrabber filter and there you can create view filters that are available for easy access/enable/disable then?
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin

Last edited by Jiaz; 07.01.2022 at 16:18.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07.01.2022, 16:22
Jiaz's Avatar
Jiaz Jiaz is offline
JD Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 76,912
Default

My idea
Quote:
List now:
z
c
d
b
z
Select: upper case
z
C
D
B
z
Sorted:
z
b
c
d
z

so only the selected indices will be sorted and result will only be placed on selected indices
__________________
JD-Dev & Server-Admin
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:49.
Provided By AppWork GmbH | Privacy | Imprint
Parts of the Design are used from Kirsch designed by Andrew & Austin
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.