JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 06.12.2017, 21:42
KoloheWiz

In other words, despite the Spectrum tech support claims that they are not doing anything more than a straight pass thru, they are in fact manipulating the signal. Well isn't that just wonderful. Apparently I am no longer in need of your software as it will never work properly again with this ISP and it's the only available provider where I reside. FYI: VPN's (like most things) are more expensive in Hawaii largely due to the location. The charges usually show up as access fees or some other mysterious name. FYI HMA only has 2 servers and 8 IP's here in Hawaii to serve the entire State. They have more than that just to serve the city of LA alone. The main issue with VPN's here is the lack of speed. Everyone I talk to here that has uses a VPN complains about the same thing - "being taken back to old dial-up modem speeds" as they put it - hours to download a file that would otherwise take a few minutes via ISP. Being the most remote place on the entire planet creates rather unique problems that are rarely, if ever, addressed and this is just another of those.
Old 07.12.2017, 10:54
JD Manager

Didn't know that HMA has different pricing for different regions. I also don't understand what *HMA only has 2 servers..in Hawaii*. You don't want HMA to provide a Hawaii IP, you can use any other location you want. You don't connect to those 2 servers, you connect to the server the region you want to connect to.

You could switch to different hoster that supports https (prevent ISP interception) or talk to UL support about this and maybe find a solution for this. for example whitelist the ISP IPs
Old 07.12.2017, 20:03
KoloheWiz

This is what I was told by UL today in which they basically blame JD for the problem: "Should you use reconnect function in your JDownloader, we hope that you are aware it changes the IP frequently during the downloads, which leads to IP blocks." So UL blames you for the problem and you blame my ISP for the problem. Someone is lying but who and why, I don't know. UL supposedly supports and uses https although I have yet to see it fully functional yet. I also am not the one that is choosing the hoster it is my clients who chose UL due to the lack of restrictions as to who can download what. Many hosters now make it so that only the uploader can access and download files as a means of discouraging piracy. Then there's the short list of hosters premium accounts that are actually available to the US. Most are not these days for one reason or another - piracy being the primary one - and US issued credit cards are immediately declined.
Old 07.12.2017, 20:39
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoloheWiz View Post
This is what I was told by UL today in which they basically blame JD for the problem: "Should you use reconnect function in your JDownloader, we hope that you are aware it changes the IP frequently during the downloads, which leads to IP blocks." So UL blames you for the problem[...]
No, they blame you (your JD settings).

Also what you described is easy to track down.
Either permanently disable the reconnect in JDownloader or make sure that JD never tries to download any of your URLs in free mode (if you only use uploaded this is especially easy).

I must admit I did not read your previous posts so if my answer here is wrong because I'am missing context, tell me and I'll come back to you tomorrow.

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 08.12.2017, 09:51
JD Manager

@pspzocker: next time please read before

@KoloheWiz: it has nothing to do with blaming or reconnect. It's simple fact that your ISP does packet inception and transparent proxy. You can read from logs or, if you don't trust us, simple startup Wireshark and check traffic yourself. Of course UL support will blame the *tool* because you don't use the website and all other is out of their hands. They don't spend that much time in *error finding* than we do here and I doubt that normal UL support is able to check any kind of logs. You can however verify this yourself by running Wireshark and see your ISP intercepting the download by redirecting the download to their IP
Old 17.05.2018, 09:13
Modem User

@KoloheWiz: I've been dealing with this same as you since Spectrum took over. I first noticed it after a JD2 update, but I think that was just a coincidence. I figured out that it was Spectrum screwing with our traffic by testing with a VPN service--it works perfectly through a VPN. Unfortunately, that's the only way to use UL now through Spectrum in Hawaii. All the VPNs work here in Hawaii, they don't care where you're coming from. You usually pay either for a lifetime subscription or a monthly fee. ProXPN works fine but I lose about about 2/3 of my speed (300 down to less than 100) and have to use a lot of simultaneous connections to get any kind of decent speed. And you have to remember to turn on the VPN before you use UL. Also, if the VPN drops out, you'll get locked out as soon as JD2 starts trying to reconnect. VPN Guard didn't help, even though that feature of ProXPN is supposed to prevent apps (that you specify) from being able to connect the internet if the VPN is not connected. I tested the feature and it seemed to be working, but I still got locked out when VPN connection went down. So, it doesn't seem to be reliable.

If the new administration hadn't dismantled net neutrality, what Spectrum is doing now would be illegal. I know they're only doing it to screw with us. I'm sure they're just targeting UL because they know we'll get locked out.

Wouldn't it be nice if we had some real competition in ISPs in America? Yeah, this system we have sucks. Maybe SpaceX will get their system up sometime in the next decade. Spectrum is just evil.
Old 17.05.2018, 11:59
JD Manager

In case your VPN client creates new network adapter you could *bind* JDownloader to that adapter. So in case the vpn is down/not available, JDownloader won't be able to create a connection anymore. Does the vpn show up in network connections overview?
Old 18.05.2018, 20:38
Modem User

It does show up as a WAN Miniport (IKEv2) adapter. How do I bind JDownloader to a specific adapter?

UPDATE: Found the "Direct Gateway" setting in the Connection Manager and set it to the "ppp1" interface. It works great now. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Last edited by Optix; 19.05.2018 at 09:08. Reason: Answered my own question
Old 19.05.2018, 18:05
Vacuum Cleaner

Why jdownload reconnect every few minutes?? have cache?? cuz on instagram and twitter is seding me email alert about inusual activiti and i dont dont know hoy fix it.

sorry for my english.
Old 22.05.2018, 13:10
JD Manager

@Optix: sorry for late response but great to see you figured it out by yourself. Thanks for the feedback! You should setup connections that downloads use vpn and MyJDownloader (in case you use it) and Updates use normal connection. If you want I can provide further help with this
Old 22.05.2018, 13:11
JD Manager

@Alexo: Please don't hijack threads! JDownloader checks accounts in interval and these should not cause any *relogins*. Please create new thread about it
Old 15.09.2018, 19:40
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
The issue is marked solved because it is not caused by JDownloader. First of all, there have been no changes in Uploaded plugin since months. Also JDownloader has no way to use different IPs other then what you did setup in Settings-Connections. So when uploaded claims *too many different IP*, how should JDownloader cause this.

Also if it would be really caused *somehow* by JDownloader, don't you think that there would be MANY ḾANY reports about this?

All reported incidents (E-Mail, TicketSystem) about same issue were caused by
1.) ppl not knowing that they have multiple IPs.
1.1.) they simply dont know that their server/pc has multiple IPs
1.2.) ISP transparently changing IP (bad Timing)
1.3.) ISP does NAT/Proxy

2.) account sharing/hacking

3.) proxy/vpn users
3.1.) forgot to start VPN Client. Two different IPs
3.2.) changed used vpn endpoint/proxy, two/more different IPs

4.) Using reconnect feature a lot.

5.) Firewall/AV software causing this because of transparently checking URLs via Firewall/AV servers (you can read in forum about this, even this thread is about this)

6.) Some ISP even hijack connections and that causes multiple IP access (you can read in forum about this)
Hi sir!.

How i can stop this
Using reconnect feature a lot.

I can configure reconnect in JD2??
Old 17.09.2018, 11:07
JD Manager

Reconnects will change your IP and very likely get your account getting blocked because of too many IPs. JDownloader doesn't do reconnect when you haven't setup it. In case you've setup it, you can disable it globally in Menu bar, there is a button with little checkbox in it
Old 18.09.2018, 08:50
Vacuum Cleaner

Thumbs up ty

Quote:
Reconnects will change your IP and very likely get your account getting blocked because of too many IPs. JDownloader doesn't do reconnect when you haven't setup it. In case you've setup it, you can disable it globally in Menu bar, there is a button with little checkbox in it
Hi sir, ty.
first sorry for my english.
the reconnect option is disabled.

I talk about relogin, when I write my account and password in the account manager I think jdownloader checks my user and password every 5 mins maybe.

Can I change that? once per hour for example ?.
Old 18.09.2018, 12:12
JD Manager

That check doesn't cause any issues for uploaded and the other please don't highjack threads. I will answer in your other thread about twitter but it has nothing to do with the checks. It seems the session/cookie reusing doesn't work and JDownloader does have to login again. Increasing timeout won't help then