JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 01.01.2019, 05:45
Ultra Loader

Default JDownloader2 Uninstall/Change actually is Uninstall

Happy New Year 2019, everybody, and continuing many thanks to all the JDownloader developers and support team members.

My JD2 installation has been running trouble free for many months, but today I ran one of those system checker/fix-up tools (Reimage Repair) that indicated a supposedly malicious file on my PC:
-------
c:\users\<myname>\appdata\local\jdownloader 2.0\jdownloader2.exe ---
WS.1 a.k.a. PUP/Multitoolbar

--------
I recall having installed the JD browser plug-in at some stage, and thought that this warning might be related to that, so naturally enough thought this should be investigated (even though I would not regard the plug-in as suspicious because it was installed from the official JD website).

So I went to Windows 10 "Programs and Features" and right-clicked on the JDownloader2 entry. The tooltip was "Uninstall/Change" therefore (as with some other software) I expected to be presented with the "Change" selection list of installed features, which I most likely would have cancelled out of after viewing the list.

But much to my horror it uninstalled JD2, there simply is no "Change" function in the uninstaller. This is a REALLY bad implementation!

Now I have to reinstall JD2 and go through the painful process of changing all the settings to get JD2 to work exactly as before (re-entering account info, and tailored to exactly how I want things to happen in terms of menus and download directories and so on).

I strongly recommend that the tooltip be altered to just "Uninstall" as soon as possible.

Last edited by NotesTracker; 02.01.2019 at 14:36.
Old 02.01.2019, 14:32
Ultra Loader

I have a question that follows on from the above issue. I take daily backups of my C: drive and therefore it should be possible to transfer in all my JD settings from one of these backups (overwriting the re-installed settings that are yet to be tailored to my needs).

However, I haven't worked out exactly what folder(s) I should transfer in. Please advise, anyone.
Old 02.01.2019, 14:47
English Supporter

\cfg folder.
Old 03.01.2019, 08:42
Ultra Loader

Default Save/Restore settings feature would be helpful

Thanks, tony2long, the backup cfg folder did the job.

SUGGESTION: A simple "Save settings" and "Restore settings" feature woul be nice, as found in some other apps. If and when I have to reinstall JD2 some time in the distant future, probably I will have forgotten all about the cfg folder.
Old 03.01.2019, 09:06
Script Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotesTracker View Post
SUGGESTION: A simple "Save settings" and "Restore settings" feature woul be nice...
Main Menu > File > Backup
Old 22.01.2019, 14:42
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpai View Post
Main Menu > File > Backup
This action will create a zip of the cfg folder. But in doubt also create a manual backup/copy of the cfg folder.
Old 22.01.2019, 14:44
JD Manager

I will check the *Change* action as soon as I find time. As far as I know uninstall will ask if you want to keep settings/linklists or not. To be honest, I never used *Change* action.