JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 19.01.2016, 02:46
JD Addict

Default JD2 does not restart jobs when they become available

JD2 (today's version) under Win 7 32-bit. Two pix attached. Log posted:

18.01.16 15.58.25to18.01.16 15.58.20 jdlog://4033501113541/

I have jobs queued from Nitroflare. Because of NF's quota these will not become available until about 15:30 local time. I had JD2 running then but it did not automatically start the jobs (see pic from 15:58). That's the problem.

When I restarted JD2 at 15:59 (see that pic) it then began the downloads.

This is related to my thread https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=66568 but then JD2 would not start the jobs even when it was restarted itself. Now it will do that, but does not automatically start them if left alone.

Thx
Attached Thumbnails
Jan. 18 15.58.jpg   Jan. 18 15.59.jpg  
Old 19.01.2016, 10:17
JD Manager

An error occured -> This is a final error, JDownloader will not auto retry those
Server error at nitroflare
Table './####' is marked as crashed and should be repaired -> Download aborted with error and does not try again.
this had nothing to do with quota
Old 21.01.2016, 02:22
JD Addict

OK, it's solved from a dev's point of view - meaning that you see clearly why it's happening and JD2 is working as designed.

But let me point out that from a user's point of view there is still a problem. In the big picture I want JD2 to do all it can to get what I link, without further attention. I don't care if the obstacle is error xxx or yyy, or handshake zzz... I just want the same result: can't get it now but will keep trying (once a minute, or every five minutes, or whatever). If I get tired of waiting I'll delete the link.

In this case I had to manually restart JD2 and then it easily got the links. Again in the big picture, and with all due respect for a great free tool, that should not be necessary. Set and forget (as with a torrent) is the ideal for me.

Thx
Old 21.01.2016, 03:27
English Supporter

should not require a client restart. stop and start for non fatal errors. fatal errors you just select all -> resume (that wont start downloads but removes error status), and away you go!

There are some error types that wont retry, mainly due to possibility of creating DDoS events, which in a download manager is high probability if you don't exit on unknown error types.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 21.01.2016 at 03:30.
Old 24.01.2016, 02:01
JD Addict

The problem is that I can't go away and leave JD2 for several days or a week and expect it to download everything that's queued up. I have to manually help it along every day.

Please give us the option to "periodically retry all failures". It can be "Off" by default. And if I get DDos'd I'll keep it off.

Thx
Old 24.01.2016, 13:36
JD Manager

You don't understand. It is not about DDOS your computer It is about JDownloader customers DDOS the service. In your case the plugin found an error it did not know how to handle. It was a severe database issue in your case (because a human can read/interpret the error messages). You can setup the Eventscripter and write a script to periodically restart those links.
Normally you can leave your computer just fine. What do you expect from JDownloader? Even when windows crashes (unexpected error) it does not restart itself/start all open applications and continue its work!

We can only optimize plugins to auto handle those cases, but even the best error handling cannot handle unexpected errors....
Oh...the red light at the street sign is now blue....does it mean the same?!