JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 18.02.2019, 03:45
Junior Loader

Default GUI customization not saved

JD2 updated the other day and this time 99% of my customization was gone. The only thing saved was my premium account info. Everything else went to default.

Okay, stuff happens, so re-did most everything. All more-or-less okay. Shut down machine, restarted next day, everything was gone again. By gone, I mean even the Save to directory in the LinkGrabber tab (for undownloaded files) was re-set back to default! Enabling the Save Download View had no effect. Every system restart, it's all back to default.

Previous updates never worked like this, customizations were always retained.

Am I missing something, did I forget to check a box or not enable/disable a new feature?

Version info: Core #40376 Fri Feb 15 18:14:17 CET 2019.
Old 18.02.2019, 14:50
JD Manager

What is your OS? This sounds like permission/ownership issues because config files are not touched during updates. As changed settings are gone after restart I would say JDownloader is unable to store its settings.

In cae you're on linux/mac, please fix ownership with
sudo chown -R user:group /pathToJDownloaderFolder
(replace user and group and path with correct values)
Old 18.02.2019, 16:29
Junior Loader

OS is Win7-SP1 x64. Nothing weird/unusual the day this happened.
Old 18.02.2019, 16:32
JD Manager

Where is your JDownloader installed? check about dialog for it
Do you still have this issue?
Old 18.02.2019, 18:08
Junior Loader

Installation Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\JDownloader 2.0\.

The dot at the end is included in listing, it's not a period. Yes, still have the issue.
Old 18.02.2019, 18:20
JD Manager

The default folder for JDownloader is AppData since many years because Program Files might be only writable to admin.
I suggest to copy/backup the complete cfg folder and uninstall JDownloader and install it again from http://jdownloader.org/jdownloader2
and then copy over/restore the cfg folder from your previous installation
Old 19.02.2019, 20:57
Junior Loader

That worked. Thanks.

I installed JD2 in Program Files because that's where JD was when JD2 came out. I'm admin on this system so why this problem just cropped up now is a bit bewildering; I'm guessing that a permission on one of the files got changed with the update. Unlike the old days, Admin no longer gives you unrestricted access to files (without a lot of extra work).

Although I saved a copy of cfg just in case, I decided to just delete everything and start fresh. Just FYI, after the JD2 uninstall, there were still about 3300 files in the JD2 folder (which I just deleted).

One thing didn't change though, and that is the problem of the first right-click/copy of a link not going all the way through to the LinkGrabber. This is only the first click after a system restart/logon, after the first it works fine. If I bring up the Add New Links dialog box the newly-clicked link is shown, but until/unless I click Continue, the link does not display in the LinkGrabber list. Host doesn't matter, and it's only the first link/click, every subsequent one the link goes all the way through to the LinkGrabber list. This is FF48.0.2 (yes, it's old, but add-ins I need are not supported on newer versions...).

Also, have you had a request to support Ayefiles? A search didn't find anything. Links just go through recaptcha several times before dying.
Old 20.02.2019, 11:37
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the old JD was installed to program files folder but since many years we now use the recommended appdata folder because it doesn't require special permissions. Being admin != being admin
You're admin user and still have to explicit tell windows to execute/use admin priviliges and normally UAC will show up. Always acting with admin priviliges would be extrem risk because every tool/malware/website/everything would have full/deep access to your system then.

Yes, there are still some pending cleanup features for the cfg folder to cleanup those many files. You can take over the accounts/linklists if you want.
Old 20.02.2019, 11:38
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandofman View Post
One thing didn't change though, and that is the problem of the first right-click/copy of a link not going all the way through to the LinkGrabber. This is only the first click after a system restart/logon, after the first it works fine. If I bring up the Add New Links dialog box the newly-clicked link is shown, but until/unless I click Continue, the link does not display in the LinkGrabber list. Host doesn't matter, and it's only the first link/click, every subsequent one the link goes all the way through to the LinkGrabber list. This is FF48.0.2 (yes, it's old, but add-ins I need are not supported on newer versions...).
Settings-Advanced Settings-GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.clipboardskipmode
change to NEVER
default is *ON_STARTUP* and JDownloader can only detect changes in clipboard. The default mode will skip first detection else it will add the clipboard each time you start/restart JDownloader
Old 20.02.2019, 11:40
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandofman View Post
Also, have you had a request to support Ayefiles? A search didn't find anything. Links just go through recaptcha several times before dying.
Ayefiles is supported. In case it doesn't work, please open new thread and provide example links and a log, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
Old 23.02.2019, 15:04
MyAnime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
The default folder for **External links are only visible to Support Staff**JDownloader is AppData since many years because Program Files might be only writable to admin.
I suggest to copy/backup the complete cfg folder and uninstall JDownloader and install it again from **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
and then copy over/restore the cfg folder from your previous installation
Old 23.02.2019, 15:24
Script Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAnime View Post
...This is only the first click after a system restart/logon, after the first it works fine....
Code:
Settings > Advanced Settings > GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.clipboardskipmode > NEVER
Old 25.02.2019, 16:38
JD Manager

Thanks @ mgpai for fast help