JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 16.09.2017, 23:22
Super Loader

Unhappy Vimeo plugin download recognition works irregularly

The Vimeo plugin never fails completely, but it often misses higher quality and especially "Original" quality downloads.

The strange thing about this is that it usually only does so after processing a few links already.

Here are a few example links that should have original download:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

When I freshly start jDownloader2 and enter these (either Clipboard detection or manual "Add Links"), it typically finds all the original quality downloads.

But when dealing with many more links, at some point, it starts failing to find these original quality downloads and often ends up only finding about 3-4 downloads (typically the streams).

I noticed this after hand-pasting over a thousand Vimeo links, one by one. When I copy them all at once, a handful of "originals" get added to the list, but not all.

I still have the list of links and would love to process it so that jDownloader finds all the original files. Sadly, I don't know which of these links actually have originals, but I do know some have been missed. I know this because A) I randomly checked a few non-detected ones on Vimeo and they had the original download enabled and B) because some of those links later have been correctly detected by jDownloader2, usually after restarting and re-pasting a few links.

From what I can guesstimate, it starts being erratic after 5 to 10 links pasted.

Right now, the only way for me to do that reliably would be to open each link in the browser, hand-checking whether it has Original downloads, and then restarting jDownloader2 and pasting the link until it works. That is an effort that's rather impractical.

I updated jDownloader2 through the update function 2 days ago or so. It had this error before and after the update.
Old 18.09.2017, 17:38
JD Manager

Can you provide more example Links? I've added your links several times and it worked just fine. I think some kind of protection kicks in on vimeo site and returning different response and that causes plugin to fail
Old 18.09.2017, 17:39
JD Manager

Or send list to support@jdownloader.org so I can use it for testing
I guess either the number of requests or speed of requests causes this.
Old 18.09.2017, 17:40
JD Manager

Does this also happen when you singly copy links? In that case please provide a debug log, go to Settings-Advanced Settings, search for debug and enable log debug, restart JDownloader
wait for error to happen and then create log, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
and post shown logID here
Old 18.09.2017, 20:21
Super Loader

Well, okay, I figure the best way to go is to give you the links that have already worked. This is a list of 437 links that should all have originals (these are my finished original downloads). A couple of them may have gone offline since downloading, but that's not the core of the error, so you can ignore those.

Yes, it definitely happens when I copy singly, too, which is what I did originally. I used to copy them singly, one after the other, every time waiting for the last one to finish first. Wish I could provide you with that log, but it's too far in the past to create one.

But I think that you should get the same results with the long list. As said, all of those videos have had original download activated (granted, one or two may have disabled that meanwhile), so these links should give you a lot of testing opportunity.

For me it's entirely sufficient if the list works. I also have another list of links I want to recheck, those are over a thousand, but I don't know how many of them actually do have originals, so it's not good for testing. My goal is to process that list with jDownloader2, as soon as it reliably identifies Vimeo original downloads.

Thanks for your effort and response!

Here's the list (spoiler tag):
Spoiler:
Old 12.10.2017, 14:35
JD Manager

Please check again. There has been major change in plugin (also added support for more qualities) and we were not able to reproduce any *block* issues. There has been a bugfix that sometimes failed to detect original
Old 02.01.2018, 01:01
Exa Loader

Hi
I don't know if I have to start a new thread but I am experiencing a similar issue with Vimeo file. After downloading quite a number of youtube flle, it appears "plugin obsolete" alert when trying to donwload vimeo.

The alert disappears if I copy the link and repeat the procedure but not if I reset the failed download

01.01.18 23.51.28 <--> 01.01.18 23.56.06 jdlog://4969154433151/
Old 15.01.2018, 16:06
JD Manager

@spock67: thanks for the bugreport
Old 12.02.2018, 19:00
Vacuum Cleaner

It's not Solved case, it's just a open issues ticket.
Old 13.02.2018, 18:29
JD Manager

@SamoMalo:
Please provide a logfile, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
and post the shown logID here