JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 05.02.2020, 20:15
Wind Gust

Default Row behaviour in the "downloads" and "linkgrabber"

First of all i want to say "thank you" to all community and coders for this program

I was looking for (passively) this annoying situation to end but it did not
so i want to tell it to you; may be there is a setting already; but i couldn't find.

in the "downloads" or "linkgrabber" tab;
for example, i want to change the order of a "download waiting stuff"; i am clicking on it and draging it down or up; but jdownloader starts to select all other links-rows together; rather than dragging the row that i left click-down-pressed.
for that purpose, i must release the left button, re-click-down-and holding press and drag up or down. sometimes i am trying to make these step faster; and tadaa: jdown thinks that i am trying to rename that row, enables for rename, when i accidentally press keyboard; that accidental keyboard strokes becomes my new folder name
so what i want;
1. whenever i click and press the left mouse button down; i should be able to drag up or down that "download item" in the download list;
2. unless i right click and choose the rename; renaming a "row-download list item " should not be possible.

Thank you for reading
Willing to see a solution
Best regards
Old 06.02.2020, 13:23
Community Manager

1. It has been like that all the time (which does of course not mean that it cannot be considered as a bug).
I don't have any hints for you at this moment.

2. The renaming on the other side is pretty much intentional and like it is in e.g. windows.
You can select a package/file and then click on it a 2nd time where the name is --> Now you can rename it.
This behavior cannot be changed.
Maybe it would be easier for you if you just move the "Name" column to the right?

What would you like to have?
A setting to disable/enable renaming via setting?

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 06.02.2020, 14:07
Script Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by archivist View Post
1. whenever i click and press the left mouse button down; i should be able to drag up or down that "download item" in the download list;
Click and drag to select > Release mouse button > Click on selection again > Drag to move

P.S: The cursor need not be moved away from the selection. I have done so in the screengrab just for demonstration purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archivist View Post
2. unless i right click and choose the rename; renaming a "row-download list item " should not be possible.
When you click on a link, first click will select it. Clicking on the selection a second time will convert it into a editable field, only if a single item has been selected.

To avoid accidental renaming when selecting links, click on the file icon instead of file name field.
Old 06.02.2020, 21:03
Wind Gust

Thank you for response
1. Jdownloader tries to be flexible for user, have many options for control. But it is too much for me. I don't need to reach those (no-needed) options in the links row list. For example why should i want to choose multiple files by clicking one of them and drag above or below others?. This is not a Windows folder Explorer behavour. If i need to select multiple files-download links ; i should do it with shift or ctrl button. But if i left click and drag one of the links i should be able to change it's order.
2. I am a regular jdownloader user. I do not consider or want or think renaming folder or file name before download. I'd rather to see for example that links name in original name for easily finding proper subtitle or stg else. But if i want to rename that file or folder name i should right click and choose rename in the context menu.
Than you again.
Old 07.02.2020, 00:55
English Supporter

re1:
our program is not microsoft windows. your issues are more misunderstanding on how JD has been designed to work.
multiple select/highlight with mouse, single click and drag to the highlighted items
single item relocation with mouse, single click to highlight item, release mouse click, click again and drag and drop to your desired location.
multiple select can also work with ctrl key if entries are not displayed in order or shift key to mass select is easier than highlighting

re2:
not entirely sure what you mean but maybe, you referring to the link/package properties panel popup? You can disable that via the quick settings button (bottom right hand corner screwdriver X spanner)

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 07.02.2020, 09:05
Wind Gust

before answer to your re-claims;

why are you so offensive?
do you think that; i am awkward that can not realise the difference between "microsoft windows" and jdownloader?.
I am here since Apr 2009.
I am fondly using Jdown for years.

after all; i wanted to ask and request some modifications based on my approx. 20years user experience; which based on classical windows behaviours.

if your english is not adequate i don't say anything more but your sentence; " our program is not microsoft windows." is not acceptable for me. this is libellous. do you think that i meant "jdown is an operating system"

after so many years, i logged on jdown forum. i wanted to be as polite as i could. with a request; that i believe my offer should increase all jdown users comfort; that based on my user experience.

not you; but @pspzockerscene should kindly close the case, with a note that my request cannot be done. i wouldn't be so offended.

but you prefered to try to prove that how silly my requests are..

1. whenever a user click and press leftmousebutton down that link should be moved in that download order; rather than starting to select multipl links.
this can be possible only after one click-release and a second click down and move-up or down.
but this behaviour misleads jdown to rename that file name. but i do not want to rename. change the order of that link

when i click and drag up that download link; i want to re-order that links queue above others; but jdown starts to select all above; why any user wants to do this in that style? is selecting all other links together with this style more important?

in the first left click and press down and dragging, user should be able to move that selected links order. this should be far better user experience for me. this is my idea. i know jdown has written in JAVA. Jdown is not an OS.

2. in downloads or linkgrabber tab; links awaiting to download; renaming those files is not necessary for my user exp. if a user want to rename that folder-file name should do that with a right-click context menu option. so disable option for "renaming those files-folders by clicking twice on them" should be added on settings.

this is my request from jdown team for make jdown better for everyone in my aspect of view.

if authorized users find this request unnecessary it's ok, but no need for humiliation.

Best regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
re1:
our program is not microsoft windows. your issues are more misunderstanding on how JD has been designed to work.
multiple select/highlight with mouse, single click and drag to the highlighted items
single item relocation with mouse, single click to highlight item, release mouse click, click again and drag and drop to your desired location.
multiple select can also work with ctrl key if entries are not displayed in order or shift key to mass select is easier than highlighting

re2:
not entirely sure what you mean but maybe, you referring to the link/package properties panel popup? You can disable that via the quick settings button (bottom right hand corner screwdriver X spanner)

Last edited by archivist; 07.02.2020 at 09:40. Reason: make some points more clear to understand
Old 08.02.2020, 05:28
English Supporter

My intent was never to be offensive, I just answer to the point and this can come across as blunt. Sure I could have phrased it differently, but I didn't and typically don't. As for you been a longer term member of the forum and user of JD, sorry my response would have been the same. I gave the response from design & development perspective as I had input into both. I understand that you do not necessarily agree this design, hence the query/thread.

Im not sorry for being who I am, as I stated above there was ZERO intent to offend. Misunderstandings are just that. All I would add is not everyone is out to offend/attack, I hope you can understand my explanation of events.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 10.02.2020, 14:02
Community Manager

Soo guys what's the status here?

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 10.02.2020, 14:51