JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 27.09.2021, 16:41
JD Manager

@EquiNox:
1.) file extension should be fixed with next update
2.) item parser will be fixed with next update

Last edited by Jiaz; 27.09.2021 at 17:10.
Old 28.09.2021, 07:22
Wind Gust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@EquiNox:
1.) file extension should be fixed with next update
2.) item parser will be fixed with next update
Hey cool, both seem to work now!

Thank you very much Jiaz!
Old 28.09.2021, 10:58
JD Manager

@EquiNox: Thanks for the feedback and you're welcome
Old 28.09.2021, 17:08
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquiNox View Post
First of all a minor issue, the *date_taken* tag, very useful but could it also get the date format that is defined in "Define how dates inside filenames should look like"? That would be more flexible and useful in certain situations and more consistent to.
I've updated our plugin to use the same handling used for "date" for "date_taken" too.
Existing "date_taken" values will be auto-overwritten with the new formatted value.

Quote:
Yes, there are other file types you can find at Flickr and we should probably take all these into account although the vast majority will probably be jpg and mp4. PNG you can also find here and there. When you try to upload at Flickr there is a long list of filetypes offered to you:
The way it has been implemented by Jiaz it shouldn't matter which filetype an item has - it will be obtained from the direct-URL of that item.

Quote:
I think I had a few issues with very small res videos.
Please provide some URLs if you find some.
I can imagine how this might happen as we do skip 1-2 frequently broken video qualities so there might be an edge case where only those ones are available...
Please also check if those videos are playable via browser.

Quote:
The overall performance of the plugin is amazing compared to former times. Even the downloading is much faster I'd say. Thank you very much psp!
Thanks!
Yeah that plugin was really old and when I saw that old stuff I couldn't resist rewriting it.

@Jiaz
Thanks for fixing that last encoding issue!

Wartest du auf einen angekündigten Bugfix oder ein neues Feature?
Updates werden nicht immer sofort bereitgestellt!
Bitte lies unser Update FAQ! | Please read our Update FAQ!

---
Are you waiting for recently announced changes to get released?
Updates to not necessarily get released immediately!

-psp-
EDIT

One more thing about date_taken:

I've noticed that their werbsite/api can contain this:
Code:
"isDateTakenUnknown":true
... though a "datetaken" value will still be given.
My guess is that it is wrong in this case and that whenever "isDateTakenUnknown" is true, I rather should not set the value of "datedaken" as that will simply be the same as the upload date then.

If you want you can do some tests on that e.g. find items where isDateTakenUnknown equals false.
Please let me know your results and I'll update our plugin accordingly.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 28.09.2021 at 17:12.
Old 29.09.2021, 07:35
Wind Gust

Ok, many thanks for the last changes, psp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
One more thing about date_taken:[/B]

I've noticed that their werbsite/api can contain this:
Code:
"isDateTakenUnknown":true
... though a "datetaken" value will still be given.
My guess is that it is wrong in this case and that whenever "isDateTakenUnknown" is true, I rather should not set the value of "datedaken" as that will simply be the same as the upload date then.

If you want you can do some tests on that e.g. find items where isDateTakenUnknown equals false.
Please let me know your results and I'll update our plugin accordingly.
Yes, this is exactly how I thought it would be working on Flickr. Usually you'll see the term "Taken on... DATE" for single items. Then I think the DateTaken is available. But sometimes you only see the term "Uploaded on.. DATE". Then I think DateTaken is unavailable. But when you open the archives/date-taken/ view in Flickr that I mentioned before, still all items are listed at a specific date, even when DateTaken is not available.

I'll do some futher tests with this too, but later. Busy at work these days.
Old 29.09.2021, 16:57
Community Manager

After the next update, the "date_taken" property will only be set when given according to "isDateTakenUnknown" (website) or "takenunknown"/"datetakenunknown" (API).

---

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 30.09.2021, 07:44
Wind Gust

That is probably more consistent. Thanks psp! But I think this issue is a little more complicated. When the date-taken is given but the uploader forbids to download the original files (_o) then you can download the 3k, 4k, 5k or whatever files but the exif-header of the file is (always?) empty. So in this case it's really helpful that you have the *date_taken* tag, so you can at least include this information in the filename when it's not stored within the file itself. Just an observation. When it's not that long ago you maybe think it's not so important to have this information, but when you look back 20, 30 years you will be grateful to have the date, when the photo was actually taken.
Old 30.09.2021, 13:55
Community Manager

Quote:
So in this case it's really helpful that you have the *date_taken* tag, so you can at least include this information in the filename when it's not stored within the file itself.
With a little bit of EventScripter magic you could even write a script which checks for the date inside downloaded flickr files EXIF data and puts the "date_taken" in there in case it is missing in the file but given on the DownloadLink object

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 04.10.2021, 08:49
Wind Gust

Quote:
With a little bit of **External links are only visible to Support Staff**... magic you could even write a script which checks for the date inside downloaded flickr files EXIF data and puts the "date_taken" in there in case it is missing in the file but given on the DownloadLink object
Hey, great idea, I had not yet thought in this direction. And I didn't know this would even possible with EventScripter. I guess my basic guideline prevented my from doing so before - never touch any original files - but when you think of it these Flickr files are touched very often and when you are only allowed to download the k- instead of o-files you do not get any originals either. But I think when the date-taken is already stored within the filename it should be possible to use this info for my favorite tool to write the information in the header of the files, that's **External links are only visible to Support Staff**ExifTool. Very cryptic command line options but extremely powerful for me especially to sort collections chronologically.

Ok, I have tested the plugin little more over the weekend and must say it really works like a charm and so nicely fast and precise!! So thanks again for all the time and efforts you have put into this, psp and Jiaz!

There is however one more issue I ran accross, not a bug but more a feature from Flickr that has not yet been covered adequately I'd say. I think the solution should be very simple and I think that was also the same behaviour of the JD-Flickr plugin before this big update.

The problem is that as a Flickr user you can put the same items into different albums. I think for Flickr this is a very nice feature as you are not limited to put an item only in one album but it does only appear once in the stream. You can make for example theme albums like "sundown" or "nature" where you just combine all pictures from other albums that apply to the theme. Or sometimes users make favorite albums where they put their own favorite pictures together from their other albums. There are many possibilities.

Anyway the current behaviour of JD is that items are only parsed once, and when the same item later appears in another album too it's simply left out, so that album would have less items in JD than stated on the Flickr site. Generally this behaviour is very helpful as you very nicely get exactly the correct number of items in the whole stream (first parse the albums, later the fotostream -> you have all items). But sometimes this behaviour is very unfortunate, when as I described above a user has put same items in more than one album. Then it could be that the original albums have big holes since those items are already part of a theme album and this theme albums was parsed first by JD. When there are only a few albums it's not big issue you just let JD parse the original albums first then the theme albums (copy paste every album singly one-by-one) but when there are hundreds or thousands of albums this is tedious work.

Ok, to cut a long story short, it would be very nice to have a button on the Flickr plugin settings [x] Allow duplicate items, you can switch it on and off. This would solve all these problems that I described above. You then would maybe have a some duplicates in that Flickr collection but you'd know all albums are as complete as they appear on the Flickr site. Then later you can decide if you want to remove any duplicates and from which albums.

The stream where I noticed this issue was this one:
Code:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
This user has created albums that combines the top favourited pictures together (20+, 50+, 100+):
Code:
When JD is parsing these albums first then these best pictures are missing in the original albums.

A link of this stream that is even part of three albums, original, fave-album and a camera album.
Code:
Old 04.10.2021, 20:55
Community Manager

Quote:
But I think when the date-taken is already stored within the filename it should be possible to use this info for my favorite tool to write the information in the header of the files, that's ExifTool. Very cryptic command line options but extremely powerful for me especially to sort collections chronologically.
Sure.
It really doesn't matter which way you're doing it.

Quote:
Ok, I have tested the plugin little more over the weekend and must say it really works like a charm and so nicely fast and precise!! So thanks again for all the time and efforts you have put into this, psp and Jiaz!
Thanks for your feedback!

Quote:
Anyway the current behaviour of JD is that items are only parsed once, and when the same item later appears in another album too it's simply left out, so that album would have less items in JD than stated on the Flickr site.
Yeah we try to match items by theeir unique IDs by default.
It probably also worked with the old plugin revision but probably only partly as dupes were matched by URL so items as part opf an album had different URLÖs than single items -> No dupe detected.

Quote:
Ok, to cut a long story short, it would be very nice to have a button on the Flickr plugin settings [x] Allow duplicate items, you can switch it on and off.
We have a general Setting therefore:
Settings -> Advanced Settings ->
Code:
LinkCollector.dupemanagerenabled
Turn that off and restart JD.

An extra setting for flickr which I could imagine would be to set other unique IDs for albums e.g. a picture with ID 123456 gets the unique ID 123456.
If it gets added in context of the album with albumID 55555, we could use the combination of both IDs (55555_123456) as unique ID thus the same item can be added unlimited times as long as it is in a different album then.
Good idea?

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 05.10.2021, 08:50
Wind Gust

Quote:
Yeah we try to match items by theeir unique IDs by default.
It probably also worked with the old plugin revision but probably only partly as dupes were matched by URL so items as part opf an album had different URLÖs than single items -> No dupe detected.
Could be. I do know for sure - not anymore exactly when it was - maybe 3 or 4 years ago - the plugin was still working exactly the way it works now. You parse the albums -> you get all items in the albums, you parse the fotostream -> you get all the remaining items -> so you have the complete stream. Then there was probably a change on the plugin back then and the behaviour was different. You parse the albums -> you get all items in the albums (I think you are right dupes were left out too), but when you then had parsed the fotostream you'd again get the entire stream, so those items in the albums were included too although they were already in LinkGrabber. This was not a big deal as this behaviour had some advantages too. And about single links, yes they were also always possible even when the items were already parsed by JD in an album or the fotostream, you could always add single items. The only issue with the single items back then, they always contained the *content_id* twice, no idea why but it was like that.

Example:
The filename of an item parsed with an album or the fotostream looked like this:
Code:
Flickr-DSCN1234_flickruser_1234567890.jpg
When you had parsed the same item singly the content_id was always included twice.
Code:
Flickr-1234567890_DSCN1234_flickruser_1234567890.jpg
Back then my custom filename looked like this:
Code:
*owner*-*title*_*username*_*photo_id**extension*
*owner* was always = Flickr -> that way I got my uppercase prefix.

Not a big deal, bulk renaming with regular expressions fixed this within seconds (removing the double id).
Anyway thankfully this issue is now history and was fixed with the great update now.

Quote:
We have a general Setting therefore:
Settings -> Advanced Settings ->
Code:
Turn that off and restart JD.
Ok, many thanks! I almost thought already you'd suggest a global option for this as it does make sense.

But I think I need to change two options to get the desired result:
Code:
Advanced Settings\LinkCollector: Dupe Manager -> deactivate
Advanced Settings\LinkgrabberSettings: Default On Added Dupes Links Action -> add them, too

Quote:
An extra setting for flickr which I could imagine would be to set other unique IDs for albums e.g. a picture with ID 123456 gets the unique ID 123456.
If it gets added in context of the album with albumID 55555, we could use the combination of both IDs (55555_123456) as unique ID thus the same item can be added unlimited times as long as it is in a different album then.
Good idea?

-psp-
Ok, would this modify the general behaviour of *content_id*? I think then better not, the way it works now with excluding dupe items is very good in most cases as you do not always want to download hundreds or thousands of duplicates.

When I have deactivated dupe check in Advanced Settings and use this custom filename...
Code:
Flickr-*date_taken*_*title*_*username_url*_*content_id*_*set_id*_*quality**extension*
... the result would be the same as the one you just suggested. I think we can leave it like that.

There is another question I have about the "Menu Manager". There is a very nice function "Copy Information" that offers various tags as pattern for links and packages (right click -> Open Menu Manager -> Copy Information). This function was already so tremendously helpful for me to update collections, finding missing items, sorting into albums. You can easily create scripts with this function. My question, are there more tags that can be used than those that are stated there ({path}, {name}, {url.content}, etc.)? It would be fantastic for example if I could also use the *content_id* tag from the Flickr plugin with this function but I am not sure if that would be possible. Then I could use for example this command:

Code:
rename "*{flickr.content_id}*" "{name}"
...to rename files of previously already downloaded streams but now adding the date-taken for example, that was not there before.
Old 05.10.2021, 14:48
Community Manager

Quote:
But I think I need to change two options to get the desired result:
Code:
Advanced Settings\LinkgrabberSettings: Default On Added Dupes Links Action -> add them, too
Shouldn't be required if the other setting is active (JD restart required after changing this) because dupes won't get flagged as dupes, the "On added dupesl inks action" never gets executed

Quote:
Ok, would this modify the general behaviour of *content_id*?
Not at all.
content_id != dupe_id
Our internal dupe_ids/"link ids" for flickr.com look like this:
Code:
flickr.com://<content_id>
E.g.:
Code:
flickr.com://123456
This ID is used globally for dupe-checking this it also contains the name of the host.
Nothing regarding filename properties would change even if I introduced the change mentioned in my last post.

Quote:
My question, are there more tags that can be used than those that are stated there ({path}, {name}, {url.content}, etc.)?
AfaIk no but it looks like it wouldn't be much work to add generic support for plugin specific properties.
Jiaz may also add his opinion on that.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 06.10.2021, 08:48
Wind Gust

Quote:
Code:
Shouldn't be required if the other setting is active (JD restart required after changing this) because dupes won't get flagged as dupes, the "On added dupesl inks action" never gets executed
Hmm, ok I have tested again the dupe setting and it does not seem to work at all with just one time parsing. When parsing again you get dupes but not always the way I wanted them. I need to test this further.

Quote:
Not at all.
content_id != dupe_id
Our internal dupe_ids/"link ids" for flickr.com look like this:
Code:
flickr.com://<content_id>
E.g.:
Code:
flickr.com://123456
This ID is used globally for dupe-checking this it also contains the name of the host.
Nothing regarding filename properties would change even if I introduced the change mentioned in my last post.
Ok, I understand you mean a new tag so we have a unique id for any item that is included in the albums. Maybe this would better solve my dupe issue from above. When that is easy to implement, I'd say let's try.

Quote:
AfaIk no but it looks like it wouldn't be much work to add generic support for plugin specific properties.
Jiaz may also add his opinion on that.

-psp-
Yes, that would be very helpful. Content_id probably the most useful tag but the other ones too. It would make so many tasks so much easier. And this is not necessarily limited to Flickr. I could imagine the unique YouTube íd would be very useful too, if we could have access to this in this dialog.
Old 06.10.2021, 10:41
JD Manager

@pspzockerscene: contact me
Old 06.10.2021, 16:13
Community Manager

Quote:
Hmm, ok I have tested again the dupe setting and it does not seem to work at all with just one time parsing. When parsing again you get dupes but not always the way I wanted them. I need to test this further.
Works fine here.

Quote:
Ok, I understand you mean a new tag so we have a unique id for any item that is included in the albums.
No I was just trying to explain how our internal IDs for dupe-checking work/can work.

Quote:
And this is not necessarily limited to Flickr. I could imagine the unique YouTube íd would be very useful too, if we could have access to this in this dialog.
If implemented, you could access all plugin properties the same way you can in Packagizer:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...the-packagizer
--> See:
Code:
<jd:prop:KEY>
-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 06.10.2021, 17:48
Community Manager

Copying Downloadlink-specific properties via "copy information" will be available after the next CORE-update.
While the pattern may look a bit different, the properties/keys (such as "username_url") themselves are 1:1 the same as in Packagizer and (in this case) in the plugin filename settings.

I haven't done anything regarding the dupe-check behavior.
Just let me know your thoughts on that.
I get that it actually would make sense that, even by default to allow duplicates as long as they were added in a different context...but then again on the other side it makes no sense because e.g. whats the difference between photo galleries and a user e.g. trying to add the same link from two differen other sources such as forum-posts.
...so either a complete new global setting for "fine tuning" would be needed so that we can basically set a "unique ID" and a "unique context ID" on every link...or just stick with the global dupe-check setting we already have.
I still consider this and edge cases/rare issue but I do understand your remarks on this topic.

---

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 06.10.2021 at 17:52.
Old 07.10.2021, 08:52
Wind Gust

Quote:
Quote:
Works fine here.
Ok, can you tell me how you get there?

Maybe we should straigthen this out thoroughly because it's still not working for me the way I'd like it to be working.

First of all a question about the "Advanced Settings", I filtered them with "dupe" and get these settings (among a few others):

Code:
1. GeneralSettings: Dupe Manager                                 (Default: true, activated)
2. LinkCollector: Dupe Manager                                   (Default: true, activated)
3. LinkgrabberSettings: Default On Added Dupes Links Action      (Default: ask me every time)
4. LinkgrabberSettings: Handle Dupes On Confirm Latest Selection (Default: add them, too)
The only I changed here is deactivating option No. 2 "LinkCollector: Dupe Manager" (and restart JD), as I think you suggested. What is the difference to option No. 1 "GeneralSettings: Dupe Manager"? I kept the default for that one.

Now I tried to parse again this stream (Download and LinkGrabber list empty):
Code:

My custom filename for this:
Code:
Flickr-*date_taken*_*title*_*username_url*_*content_id*_*set_id*_*quality**extension*

After one time parsing this is what I get in total (Group single files in a 'various package' deactivated):
Code:
6997 links, 280 packages

Now I counted the number of items and albums on the pages manually together and this is what I get,
when all albums have the exact number of items stated on the site:
Code:
8552 items, 288 albums

As said before there are more items in all albums because some items are part of more than one album.

When I parse the albums page a second time this is what I get in total:
Code:
7964 links, 286 packages

When I parse the albums page a third time this is what I get in total:
Code:
8245 links, 286 packages

When I now empty the LinkGrabber and do the same thing again, I get different results but I never get exactly 8552 links in 288 packages as I wanted them. The "Parse Clipboard" bubble always (or in most cases) says "Found link(s): 6997" which is of course the correct number of unique links in the albums but it does not parse the dupes correctly when I have deactivated the option in "Advanced Settings". Dupes show up but often just in the same album again the link was already part of before. Those won't be downloaded because they have exactly the same filename. What am I doing wrong here?

I have added an attachment with a list of all the albums and the number of items in there.

I'd just like to be able to download these albums exactly the way they are listed at Flickr. The main issue for me here is that I want to have the complete model albums and not any gaps in those when those items are already part of another fav-, camera- or whatever-album. So the best would be just to get all albums complete. When you want to remove duplicates you can decide afterwards which album you want to remove them from.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 134430854@N03-288-albums.txt (13.3 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by EquiNox; 07.10.2021 at 13:16.
Old 07.10.2021, 08:56
Wind Gust

Quote:
Copying Downloadlink-specific properties via "copy information" will be available after the next CORE-update.
While the pattern may look a bit different, the properties/keys (such as "username_url") themselves are 1:1 the same as in Packagizer and (in this case) in the plugin filename settings.
Looking forward to this new update. That sound great! Many thanks!

Quote:
I haven't done anything regarding the dupe-check behavior.
Just let me know your thoughts on that.
I get that it actually would make sense that, even by default to allow duplicates as long as they were added in a different context...but then again on the other side it makes no sense because e.g. whats the difference between photo galleries and a user e.g. trying to add the same link from two differen other sources such as forum-posts.
...so either a complete new global setting for "fine tuning" would be needed so that we can basically set a "unique ID" and a "unique context ID" on every link...or just stick with the global dupe-check setting we already have.
I still consider this and edge cases/rare issue but I do understand your remarks on this topic.
Ok, when the dupe check or deactivated dupe check would be working as I described in my previous post, then all would be fine for me. It only happens now and then, not too often.
Old 07.10.2021, 13:20
Wind Gust

Quote:
I never get exactly 8552 links in 288 packages as I wanted them.
Ok, this is probably not entirely correct. When albums have the same name (this is allowed at Flickr), they are simply merged in one package in LinkGrabber. That could also have happened here. Still it would be nice if I just get the exact number of links like it is stated on the site.

Of course it is possible to get this done, even when you have activated dup check. When you just parse and download the albums one-by-one. But that's a lot of work.

Last edited by EquiNox; 08.10.2021 at 08:59.
Old 07.10.2021, 14:13
Community Manager

First response:
This one is only about adding dupes and the configurable behavior:

Quote:
Maybe we should straigthen this out thoroughly because it's still not working for me the way I'd like it to be working.
Without replying to all of your further tests, I'll try to add an explanation:
First of all, to simplify tests, I'm using an URL to a single album here:
flickr.com/photos/derodeolifant/albums/72157635508464613
--> Contains 37 items
Reason for this:
Adding thousands of items for testing the dupes behavior simply takes too much time so it doesn't make sense

Keep in mind that the first two dupes settings need a JDownloader restart to become active!

First:
Code:
Enabled = Do not allow duplicated items in linkgrabber
--> If you add the above album twice, you will only get all items once.
Disabled = allow duplicated items in linkgrabber
--> If you add the above item twice, resulting in a single package containing 74 URLs. If you add it again and again, that package will get bigger each time.

I've added a setting description for this setting for the next CORE-update.

Now to:
Code:
GeneralSettings.dupemanagerenabled
This does exactly what the settings' description says:
Quote:
If Enabled, the linkgrabber will detect links that are already in the downloadlist
--> You can leave this enabled as it won't stop you from adding duplicates but it will still visually let you know if there is stuff in the linkgrabber that is already in your downloadlist.

Now to the less important stuff:
Code:
LinkgrabberSettings: Default On Added Dupes Links Action
This basically lets you define "what to do when trying to add items from the linkgrabber to your downloadlist that are already in your downloadlist.
If you want JD to shut up and completely don't care about this, set it to "add them, too".

Then to:
Code:
LinkgrabberSettings.handledupesonconfirmlatestselection
This is basically a fine-tuning setting for the last described setting,
Code:
LinkgrabberSettings: Default On Added Dupes Links Action
--> Use this to define the default selection in the "what do you want to do with these duplicates" dialog.
If you disabled the dialog and e.g. always allow JD to add dupes, this last setting is of course absolutely irrelevant for you.

Now I've completely read your post but at this moment there is no point for me to go into details regarding your test results.
When adding many items there is a lot of stuff that could go wrong such hitting one of flickrs rate-limits so better test with one link and whenever you experience "missing items" we can check it and see if we maybe have to slow down our crawler to avoid hitting such rate-limits...though this is just an assumption here.
Until now I've never hit any of their rate-limits during testing.

Conclusion:
All you need to do is to disable:
Code:
...and restart JD.

---

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote: