JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 24.11.2012, 08:27
English Supporter

I suggest you to chat directly with Coalado.
Old 24.11.2012, 09:50
rrogntudjû

No needs more bugs, thanks
Old 07.12.2012, 21:57
longbit

the fist time I use jd I got Babylon I got on the net and after 4 to 5 hours I got reid of most of it but in doing so I screw up reg that I could no longer run win 7 , so now I run in sandbox & I do agree to put this junk with a good program is bumb.
there are lot of other adds that do no harm.
So is JD saying they do not no know or care the harm that can be done ?

Last edited by longbit; 07.12.2012 at 22:01. Reason: words not wright
Old 08.12.2012, 11:46
proxy

Thanks for this great app.
For those having issues, uncheck the apps like babylon during installation.
I use ESET Smart security and never found issues with jdownloader.

Happy Downloading.
:)
Old 09.12.2012, 20:10
Black Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by isandar View Post
We understand very well your disappointment but consider this: when we love a woman generally we forgive her all... and it's not free. If we love JD it's the same, we can not do otherwise.

Stupid compare. You don't have 500 women installed - and if, you don't forgive them all since they would be easily exchangable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by editestowy View Post
Many installers add additional software, even Oracle added (ask.com toolbar if I remember correctly) sth in one of the Java 6 releases installer - did you read this thread?
I wonder about it, do Oracle make too litte money so they need it?
Old 10.12.2012, 12:52
Ehrenmitglied

Quote:
I wonder about it, do Oracle make too litte money so they need it?
Ask their. It is true they want to instal, the Ask.com toolbar.
Old 10.12.2012, 18:45
Black Hole

I know, already installed it.

Is there a program that completely removes all of this... toolbars, or even prevent them to install (maybe an option or module to an antivirus)?
Old 10.12.2012, 21:33
Community Manager

Try "AdwCleaner".
bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/dl/125/

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 10.12.2012, 23:10
Banned

Does not seem to you that this stupid discussion about toolbar?
Old 18.12.2012, 14:20
nancy-funm

Default Funmoods removal instructions

Hi all,

This is Nan from Community&Support @Funmoods and would like to offer you a set of instructions in order to uninstall Funmoods in case you haven't followed them before.

In Firefox:

To removetoolbar/New Tab
Open Firefox, go to Add-ons Manager (Ctrl+Shift+A) > Select "Funmoods" and click on Remove

To remove from Home page:
Open FireFox, go to Tools > Options > on "startup" section click on "Restore to Default" button Then click on "OK"

To remove from search engine:
Search button--- Manage Search Engines---- select "Funmoods"---- Remove
For a step by step uninstall guide, please watch our tutorial: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To remove from Internet Explorer Win7/Vista from toolbar:
Go to Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program OR Programs and Features > Select "Funmoods" and click on Uninstall

go to Tools > Internet Options > on "Home page" section click on "Use Default" Then click on "OK"

To remove from search engine: go to Tools > Internet Options > on "Search" section click on "Settings" > select "Live Search" or "Google" or "Bing" and click on "Set Default" > select "Search" and click on "Remove" > OK > OK
New tab (Internet Explorer 8-9)

go to Tools > Internet Options > on "Tabs" section click on "Settings" > on "When a new tab is opened, open:" select "The new tab page" > OK > OK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Chrome, to remove toolbar: Open Chrome, go to Options menu > Tools > Extensions > Click on the "bin" to remove

To remove as homepage:
Open Chrome, go to Options menu > Settings > on the "Appearance" section, check the "Show Home button" > Change > select "Use the New Tab page"

To remove as search engine:
Go to your browser----Click on the tools icon---- options------Change search defaults ----- settings ----- click the name of your preferred search engine---- set as default---- (to remove Funmoods search)----select Funmoods ----remove---- okay

-Or-
Open Chrome, go to Options menu > Settings > on the "Search" section choose Google on the drop down menu
For a step by step uninstall and reset homepage guide, please watch our tutorial: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Nan
Old 18.12.2012, 14:21
nancy-funm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The H View Post
OK, just downloaded the JD2 beta today

I'm really not impressed that it came with an invisible payload of some odious malware called "funmoods" that completely sh@t over my browser. Still not got shot of it, every time I think I've got rid of it, it's back.

What was the thinking behind this?
Hi,

This is Nan from Community&Support @Funmoods and would like to offer you a set of instructions in order to uninstall Funmoods in case you haven't followed them before.

In Firefox:

To removetoolbar/New Tab
Open Firefox, go to Add-ons Manager (Ctrl+Shift+A) > Select "Funmoods" and click on Remove

Open FireFox, go to Tools > Options > on "startup" section click on "Restore to Default" button Then click on "OK"

To remove from search engine:
Search button--- Manage Search Engines---- select "Funmoods"---- Remove
For a step by step uninstall guide, please watch our tutorial: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

To remove from Internet Explorer Win7/Vista from toolbar:
Go to Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program OR Programs and Features > Select "Funmoods" and click on Uninstall

go to Tools > Internet Options > on "Home page" section click on "Use Default" Then click on "OK"

To remove from search engine: go to Tools > Internet Options > on "Search" section click on "Settings" > select "Live Search" or "Google" or "Bing" and click on "Set Default" > select "Search" and click on "Remove" > OK > OK
New tab (Internet Explorer 8-9)

go to Tools > Internet Options > on "Tabs" section click on "Settings" > on "When a new tab is opened, open:" select "The new tab page" > OK > OK

In Chrome, to remove toolbar: Open Chrome, go to Options menu > Tools > Extensions > Click on the "bin" to remove

To remove as homepage:
Open Chrome, go to Options menu > Settings > on the "Appearance" section, check the "Show Home button" > Change > select "Use the New Tab page"

To remove as search engine:
Go to your browser----Click on the tools icon---- options------Change search defaults ----- settings ----- click the name of your preferred search engine---- set as default---- (to remove Funmoods search)----select Funmoods ----remove---- okay

-Or-
Open Chrome, go to Options menu > Settings > on the "Search" section choose Google on the drop down menu
For a step by step uninstall and reset homepage guide, please watch our tutorial: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Nan
Old 18.12.2012, 19:43
Community Manager

Thanks but one question:
Why don't you just add a complete uninstaller?
I mean it sounds as if you want parts of your software to remain on computers even though their users uninstalled it.
Isn't it easy to just backup all the stuff (Browser mainpage and so on) when installing funmoods and revert it once re-installing it??

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 23.12.2012, 23:42
Alooka

Exclamation Jdownloader installer contains Adware

I just wanted to inform you that JDownloader is installing SweetPacks even if we uncheck it during the installation.
Old 24.12.2012, 01:56
stackoverflow

Exclamation Jdownloader installer contains Adware

Nice attempt to censor my post. JDownloader will attempt to install Malware without your permission OR your knowledge. Do not fall into the same trap that I did.

Yesterday evening, I installed JDownloader thinking that it was a nice piece of software which might complement my computer. I unticked Sweetpacks IM and all that crapware, thinking that I had opted out of some crapware.

Which proves just how wrong I was.

I noticed immediately this morning that my computer had slowed down and ran a scan for malware and picked up about 20 threats from Malwarebytes. Apparently, JDownloader had silently installed the Malware that I had opted out of. So I cleaned up the 80 000 registry entries that Sweetpacks had left behind, but what do you know?

Suffice to say, I have had a very fun morning attempting to run System Restore with little success to revert the changes made by the piece of Malware commonly known as Jdownloader. I was only successful when I restarted Windows7 in Safe mode (Go to MSconfig/Safe boot) and from there was then able to System Restore.

Thank god I actually made restore points.

I will never be attempting to install Jdownloader again. Binned.

And as for those of you wanting help on this forum, I highly recommend you use a disposable email account. Who knows what nasty bugs the devs might try to send your way, since they are already trying to force you to install bundled malware without your consent.

Last edited by coalado; 05.02.2013 at 09:15.
Old 24.12.2012, 07:37
Peta Loader

like. I unticked Sweetpacks and it ran through with no Malware messages. Prolly a website driveby or something else you installed.
Old 24.12.2012, 12:41
Alooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by titus View Post
like. I unticked Sweetpacks and it ran through with no Malware messages. Prolly a website driveby or something else you installed.
Not something else, I made a thread informing about this and it received no attention. I also installed JDownloader today and it installed Sweetpacks even after I unchecked it. I'm not sure if it gives or not malware warning because i haven't scanned yet, but it's pretty bad that JD installs extra stuff without our permission.
Old 24.12.2012, 13:59
English Supporter

must be some bug within the installer, as I've informed coalado multiple times about it, and he has informed the provider, yet it doesn't seem to be resolved. It doesn't happen to everyone to me kinda implies maybe a bug that only affects one type OS maybe. Appwork is away over christmas, I'll let them know about it yet again and see if we can get resolution. Btw it's adware not malware, I changed the thread topic to reflect that.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 24.12.2012, 18:38
smargeen

I can confirm, I installed JD today, like always I made sure to untick all the crapware and still got a bunch of 'Sweetpack' adware on my system.
Old 24.12.2012, 23:28
Bandwidth Beast

Since I run JDownloader 2 via zip method I do not get all the crapware.
Old 26.12.2012, 01:48
rrogntudjû

Default Keep The Bug for Christmas!

@ djmakinera

Another fresh stupid discussions for you:
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=44832
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=44830
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
It was not intended. Below is comment from Coalado (may I quote here?):

<+coalado> we had a problem with sweetim sweetpacks
<+coalado> there has been a bug that could install the addon even if it was disabled
<+coalado> That''s why sweetim sweetpacks has been removed completly
<+coalado> so there should not be problems like this any more
<+coalado> I hope that's true. At least that' s the answer from installcore
(may I quote here?):

Last edited by rrogntudjû; 26.12.2012 at 04:54. Reason: The Bug: « At least that' s the answer from Santa »
Old 26.12.2012, 02:11
rrogntudjû

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
...Btw it's adware not malware, I changed the thread topic to reflect that.
An adware removed only by anti-malware programs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topken View Post
Since I run JDownloader 2 via zip method I do not get all the crapware.
Since a long time via zip method JD2 had never proposed to install toolbars but now it's not the case, so just wait the bug...

Last edited by rrogntudjû; 26.12.2012 at 02:24.
Old 26.12.2012, 02:50
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrogntudjû View Post
An adware removed only by anti-malware programs!
no these programs remove more than that. ie malwarebtyes removes some virus, some malware, some adware, some cookies.. pro version scans html for known zero day exploits. Effectively it's just about a full blown antivirus software, without been called that.

Old 26.12.2012, 03:02
rrogntudjû

Default Jdownloader installer contains Malware

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
no these programs remove more than that. ie malwarebtyes removes some virus, some malware, some adware, some cookies.. pro version scans html for known zero day exploits. Effectively it's just about a full blown antivirus software, without been called that.
An adware against the consent of people who use silent install is a malware, a toolbar who install hundred of registry keys and persistent cookies, not deletable, is a malware. A browsers' hijacker like this who spy our surf habitude you call that how, you think it's not serious??? A program who install regularly this kind of malware can be considered as complice, it can be subject to malware complaints. If you continue like that no need to wait long time to see JD in their databases and probably worse. Betray users just for pocket money...
Spoiler:

PS: I prefer do not talk about redirection to crapulous removal tools developed by the same authors of these toolbars... and please do not try the bug with me, it was already the same with Sweetim, with Conduit, ect...

Just for info, what you call a simple adware: "SweetIM (or SweetPacks it's the same) installs a toolbar to the Internet Explorer and Firefox and adds its function to several instant messengers to offer free smileys. During the installation process SweetIM sets the start page of the browser to the website of SweetIM and creates a registry key that even does not get removed when the user wants to uninstall the product. With this registry key SweetIM is able to track the computer and it can ascertain if SweetIM has been installed before. Additionally SweetIM tracks different personal information like the IP-Address and "demographic information". Furthermore SweetIM secures the right to give the personal data to a third party if the website or the product gets sold." So by helping crapware to install in a double silence this kind of registry key you allow your friends to track your own users.

And finally poor 64bit users who can't choose the 1/2 infected method:
http://board.jdownloader.org/printthread.php?t=37365

JD2 beta: what is this version and where can I get it?
Windows users can use windows install method: http://installer.jdownloader.org/JDownloader2Setup.exe or the jar updater method: http://bit.ly/HF8DI8 All other use the zip/jar method.
For 64bit windows use this install: http://installer.jdownloader.org/JDo...Setup64Bit.exe
For Mac users use this install: http://installer.jdownloader.org/JDo...2Setup_Mac.dmg

Last edited by raztoki; 30.08.2015 at 04:39.
Old 28.12.2012, 04:46
Yeko

Today I reinstall the program (because this was working weird for reason that i explain in other thread). I install the "WebInstaller" and when it show me the option for install a toolbar, I unmark. After the installer ask me if I was agree with the terms of contract and i put no (i knew of this trick for install "craprogram") I am safe or no?

And yes, an adware can has script that download malware.

I hope that text can be understandable :3
Old 28.12.2012, 16:37
English Supporter

I'm not a part of any adware inclusion within the JDownloader installer. That's entirely in Appwork control/domain, as they are the owners of JDownloader and its IP. We the supporter base (external of Appwork), have nothing todo with it's inclusion.

I have never argued for adware within the installer, if you search the forums, I was neutral to negative on this topic. But once again it really has nothing todo with me, as I don't have any controlling interest in this program or company behind this program. My involvement stops at supporting this open source program within this forum, and programming when I can.

But the option to op in / out issues, has been reported to Appwork on numerous occasions (if you read other threads about this same issue). Other than reporting the issue to them, I can not do any more. Nor will I take the flack resulting in it been installed somewhat contentiously, either it's been user error (hey it can happen if you click next without reading), a bug within the installer (possible), or intentionally (who knows?) not respecting the users selection.

The inclusion of adware within installers is usually a direct result of lack of drivable revenue streams, and the need to make a product economically viable in order to support it's core programmers (in this case Appwork) and pay it's bills (domain / server hosting and associated data costs). As this program is open source and donations to JDownloader is little to none, revenue has to come from somewhere!

In respects to malware vs adware, yes it can be classified as either (for some opinion based). Putting your opinion aside, generally adware returns revenue to a given company (Appwork). It's usually is carried out by another group like askbar (ask.com), sweetpacksim, facemoods, etc. Adware generally reasonably easy to remove from persons computer. Malware installs without your knowledge, not necessarily associated with installers of legitimate software. Who knows where the data goes, and money derived from it! It's usually very difficult to uninstall/revert from ones computer. In regards to my statement about malwarebytes, that having a result within 'malware bytes' does not imply that the findings are solely 'malware'. That was all.

I would like this issue with sweetpacksim/sweetim to be resolved once and for all, but at this stage Appwork is away on Christmas/New Years break and I'm waiting for them to return to bring this issue up yet again.

raztoki

Spoiler:
Quote:
An adware against the consent of people who use silent install is a malware, a toolbar who install hundred of registry keys and persistent cookies, not deletable, is a malware. A browsers' hijacker like this who spy our surf habitude you call that how, you think it's not serious??? A program who install regularly this kind of malware can be considered as complice, it can be subject to malware complaints. If you continue like that no need to wait long time to see JD in their databases and probably worse. Betray users just for pocket money...

PS: I prefer do not talk about redirection to crapulous removal tools developed by the same authors of these toolbars... and please do not try the bug with me, it was already the same with Sweetim, with Conduit, ect...

Just for info, what you call a simple adware: "SweetIM (or SweetPacks it's the same) installs a toolbar to the Internet Explorer and Firefox and adds its function to several instant messengers to offer free smileys. During the installation process SweetIM sets the start page of the browser to the website of SweetIM and creates a registry key that even does not get removed when the user wants to uninstall the product. With this registry key SweetIM is able to track the computer and it can ascertain if SweetIM has been installed before. Additionally SweetIM tracks different personal information like the IP-Address and "demographic information". Furthermore SweetIM secures the right to give the personal data to a third party if the website or the product gets sold." So by helping crapware to install in a double silence this kind of registry key you allow your friends to track your own users.

And finally poor 64bit users who can't choose the 1/2 infected method:
http://board.jdownloader.org/printthread.php?t=37365

JD2 beta: what is this version and where can I get it?
Windows users can use windows install method: http://installer.jdownloader.org/JDownloader2Setup.exe or the jar updater method: http://bit.ly/HF8DI8 All other use the zip/jar method.
For 64bit windows use this install: http://installer.jdownloader.org/JDo...Setup64Bit.exe
For Mac users use this install: http://installer.jdownloader.org/JDo...2Setup_Mac.dmg

Last edited by raztoki; 31.12.2012 at 11:43. Reason: spelling
Old 28.12.2012, 17:21
Yeko

Quote:
either it been user error (hey it can happen if you click next without reading)
imgur.com/hhtu6

I think that was this because if you unmark the option install but you put "agree" it will install anyways.

But i cant confirm it.

PD: I have problems putting image here.

Last edited by Yeko; 28.12.2012 at 17:23.
Old 31.12.2012, 01:54
soisbasura

Default Forcing people to install software

Forcing people to install software they don't want is not funny at all.

Your software is just one of those shits that force to do it. No matter if you uncheck all the checkboxes the software is still installed on the system without user consent.

It is quite obvious than no matter how much you pretend not to being spreading virus. No matter if that is not a virus you are spreading software not requested by people. For that reason for me your sotfware has gone in the category of trash software that noone should use at all.

Good luck with your shit installer policy. I will try to spread the word against jdownloader as much as posible.
Old 31.12.2012, 02:14
soisbasura

Confirmed your software comes with a virus, no matter how much you pretend it is not. So or you are stupid for not knowing the shit installer you are using on your software is a virus spreader or you know it and you are stupid anyway. Probably you ban and delete this message, because you don't want the truth, but who cares, the truth always soon or later will be known by everyone.

Everyone has one he deserves. I don't have any good wishes for you.

Last edited by soisbasura; 31.12.2012 at 02:17.
Old 31.12.2012, 03:09
app_eng

Default I can confirm it's still installing SweetIM

I love jdownloader and will continue to use it. You guys are great!!

I can confirm that during the jdownloader install, toggling OFF the Sweet install will not avoid a partial install of the Sweet product line. So please consider this issue "not solved".

I have a brand new computer - (purchased at Office Max) with Windows 8. All I've done is take the Windows updates so far, and then installed jdownloader from the jdownloader.org site (version 0.9.581).

The resulting install gave me two desktop shortcuts to Sweet (easily deleted), 3 entries on the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel (easily deleted), and about 70 registry entries (time consuming manual registry strip).

Even though the Sweet toolbar did not show up in Fire Fox nor IE, I see it has been automatically creating traffic to the SweetIM website. I'm hoping that will end now that I've cleaned the registry and rebooted.

Once again..... Love you guys. Thanks!!
Old 31.12.2012, 04:41
soisbasura

This is a malware no matter who pretends it is not calling it adware. And I'm sure is not a bug on the installer. Everyone that has a knowledge on how things are moving nowdays in free software for windows platforms know those kind of installers are crap managed by unexcrupulous people that are spreading malware, and very very shit malware difficult to get rid of. It is not a coincidence that the crap software is installed with no consent and it results to be a crap sotfware that makes all posible to make it very difficult for you to uninstall it.

It is just malware consciounsly coded as malware and conciounsly installed without consent.

Pretending it is a bug or anything is just crap. You have sold your souls to the bad guys by alowing that shit installer on your software. Obviously for profit.

And thanking people from doing this is just mad.
Old 31.12.2012, 11:17
Polish Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by soisbasura View Post
Forcing people to install software they don't want is not funny at all.

Everything was said in the raztoki's post, so stop writing nonsenses like this above.
JD is FREE software and NO ONE FORCED you to install it.
If you don't understand meaning of the words "FREE" and "FORCE" ask google or wikipedia.
You also have zipped version of the installer to choose without using any installer.
Old 31.12.2012, 14:23
soisbasura

Quote:
Originally Posted by editestowy View Post
Everything was said in the raztoki's post, so stop writing nonsenses like this above.
JD is FREE software and NO ONE FORCED you to install it.
If you don't understand meaning of the words "FREE" and "FORCE" ask google or wikipedia.
You also have zipped version of the installer to choose without using any installer.
Having another alternative ways of installation (included source code) does not change the fact that this software has an installer (the one it is going to be chosen by most people and the one provided in the download page as the Windows installation package) that installs malware software without consent by cheating people making they think they can decide to not install it by disable two checkboxes. But after they continue the proccess and the install starts the malware is installed on system.

This isn't any nonsense is just reality. If you have been not affected by that crap does not mean many people have been and is the fault of jdownloader which are the ones that have spreaded malware.

And this same thing happened with a lot of free software lately that have decided to sell themselves for profit to the crap company responsible of that installer or if you are the ones that code the installer and you are the ones that decide which software to offer on that installer then even worst because you are the one that have decided for profit to offer that malware as a choice.

And the only thing that @raztoki explains is that he is not the responsible of that decision (he is only a guy that offer support on forum) and even he can't deny it is possible that the installer does this installation of malware intentionally. And obviously explains that offering software on installer is a way of getting revenue.

That way of revenue the responsibles of jdownloader have chosen by going into spreading malware is not correct, not honest way of revenue.

And even explains it is not first time that this happen. (wait for appwork vacation break finishes so they solve it again). Which is crap, if someone really matters of such a serious issue as it is spreading malware this would be solved inmediately by as first measure removing the installer from the download page of the website if that is the only thing they could do as first measure because they have not time to go into code. But it is obvious the responsibles of this software doesn't mind on spreading malware and it is not a priority for them. The priority is the profit they get by using that installer software.

So go on and good dead jdownloader.

Last edited by soisbasura; 31.12.2012 at 15:17.
Old 31.12.2012, 17:51
soisbasura

Quote:
Having another alternative ways of installation (included source code) does not change the fact that this software has an installer (the one it is going to be chosen by most people and the one provided in the download page as the Windows installation package)
And I want to clarify about this that even if there is an alternative instalation process the windows installer -the one spreading malware- is on download page and marked as RECOMMENDED.

Last edited by soisbasura; 31.12.2012 at 18:05.
Old 31.12.2012, 18:58
English Supporter

Quote:
And the only thing that @raztoki explains is that he is not the responsible of that decision (he is only a guy that offer support on forum) and even he can't deny it is possible that the installer does this installation of malware intentionally.
As with most things, it can be interpreted multiple ways, but that was never my intention. I neither denied or accepted that it was intentional. I stated what I thought could be all the possible combinations, that's all.

Quote:
That way of revenue the responsibles of jdownloader have chosen by going into spreading malware is not correct, not honest way of revenue.
This statement leads on from the previous paragraph. It isn't true, as your previous paragraph is incorrect. Your trying to imply just because Appwork wants derived income from this project and that their is an issue with user consent in reguards to the adware component within installer previously, that it is/was totally intentional. What rubbish.

Quote:
And even explains it is not first time that this happen. (wait for appwork vacation break finishes so they solve it again). Which is crap, if someone really matters of such a serious issue as it is spreading malware this would be solved inmediately by as first measure removing the installer from the download page of the website if that is the only thing they could do as first measure because they have not time to go into code. But it is obvious the responsibles of this software doesn't mind on spreading malware and it is not a priority for them. The priority is the profit they get by using that installer software.
As I understand Appwork doesn't control the adware installer page or their components of the installation files to any significant extent. That's all provided by said party, and would be stipulated within the contract with the adware party. I'd assume they would have input on it's design, opt in/op out default settings etc. I dare say Appwork does have the ability to get the issue resolved, or to decide to discontinue with this adware provider. disclaimer... I could be totally wrong, I have no real idea on the contract or it's terms. I'm only putting that together from what I've been told indirectly. And as stated already no controlling/vested interest in regards to the installers adware components.

Quote:
And I want to clarify about this that even if there is an alternative instalation process the windows installer -the one spreading malware- is on download page and marked as RECOMMENDED.
That's because installers do the extra stuff for example: creates file associations, desktop and start menu shortcuts, JDownloader loader binaries for your system 32/64bit (they find java installations and start JD with the correct start parameters.), all specific to that installer variant.

installing via the update jar wont do any of that. You will need to create the shortcuts, file associations, link formats like dlc:// containerformathere://, create a bat or some shortcut that will start JD with the correct arguments.

Installers are provided to make life easier for everyone concerned.

------

You will need to wait for Appwork to get back from holidays before and respond to this thread. Please don't jump to any hasty conclusion. Please keep in mind Appwork is a small company and only consists of two programmers, which are away over the Christmas/New Year break. Not sure what you'd expect to happen when no one else has the ability to look into this further.

Last edited by raztoki; 31.12.2012 at 19:01.
Old 31.12.2012, 20:09
soisbasura

First I must say my intention was only put into notice whats happening. Expressing my point of view about the issue. I didn't started my post as a bug report though now I can see that it was merged to a bug report.

@raztoki I really think I never misunderstood your words. I'm not saying that you were afirming that was intentional, I said you were not denying being intentional was a posibility. You just say you don't know.

At least it is clarified the core team has made the arrangement (that is what I mean in other posts when I said sell, though obviously is not a sell, I only didn't knew how to express it) with that whatever company is in charge of that shit installer -as other free software has done recently, I can ensure you- knowing or not knowing that's not my problem, these people in charge of that shit installer are not honest people and they are spreading malware.

So I don't know if this has been intentional by the appwork team but the fact is that actual -and you say is not the first time it happens- jdownloader windows installer recommended on download page spreads malware.

A wrong decision by appteam, intentional, not intentional, or whatever doesn't change facts. jDownloader is spreading malware (intentional collaborator or not) and as so should be flagged by antimalware databases. And this is what I'm going to try to ask for, sorry.

There are issues for which there are no vacations, no matter if the team are only 2 members. As I said something so serious should be resolved inmediately at least by removing the installer link from the download page until the issue is resolved. (less than 5 mins solution)

@rrogntudjû explains very clear what that crap does.

And really this issue is because the malware is being installed without consent but it is awful anyway to offer malware within your software, even if it were only installed with the user consent. So for me by using that installer even if the issue about the silent install is a bug and it gets resolved, still makes jdownloader a collaborator on spreading malware.

Regards.

Last edited by soisbasura; 31.12.2012 at 20:22.
Old 01.01.2013, 13:26
rrogntudjû

Edit by Think3r: The following is unapproved.
JDownloader will attempt to install Malware without your permission OR your knowledge. Do not fall into the same trap that I did.

Unapproved? The truth does not need to be approved, it is a fact that has been proven by users all over the net since several month. What you should not approve that's the fact while hundreds of users are infected by a "bug" owners are having a good time on holiday. When someone says kindly "I just wanted to inform you that JDownloader is installing SweetPacks even if we uncheck it during the installation.": http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=44830 he gets no response, no explanation, no apology, nothing. But maybe nothing is better than "JD is FREE software and NO ONE FORCED you to install it."...
Old 01.01.2013, 13:40
soisbasura

Sooner or later more and more people will open their eyes to the truth.

There isn't any software that is imprescindible. The world free software community has always been able enough to code alternatives to anything. And more than probable a lot of collaborators to this project are going to be pissed off about this issue. I would be.

The same as I am pissed off when I recommend a software that I would ever thought it will be turned into a malware spreader to a person and that person gets infected. And I try it myself because I can't believe it just to confirm it is no more than the truth.

This pretension of trying to talk down this serious issue by calling it adware and not malware to try to say to people: "Hey guys is not so bad", is just nonsense. But at the end people are clever enough to know the truth.

Last edited by soisbasura; 01.01.2013 at 13:52.
Old 01.01.2013, 23:33
JD Legend

JD installs toolbar? I can't believe it. I just removed Jd as well. Man even Microsoft products come with useless and annoying components. If you haven't knew how to deal with malwares so far then I'm sure your computer has full of them and one more won't hurt. If you have intelligence how to zap commercials in TV then you can handle this common issue, adapt or suicide (by removing Jd)
Old 02.01.2013, 11:33
rrogntudjû

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunayx View Post
JD installs toolbar? I can't believe it. I just removed Jd as well. Man even Microsoft products come with useless and annoying components. If you haven't knew how to deal with malwares so far then I'm sure your computer has full of them and one more won't hurt. If you have intelligence how to zap commercials in TV then you can handle this common issue, adapt or suicide (by removing Jd)
The real question is not JD & JD2 installs toolbars, the question is JD installs toolbars without the consentement of users by using 'bugs'!
Old 02.01.2013, 12:29
rrogntudjû

Quote:
[COLOR="Red"]When someone says kindly "I just wanted to inform you that JDownloader is installing SweetPacks even if we uncheck it during the installation.": http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=44830 he gets no response, no explanation, no apology, nothing. But maybe nothing is better than "JD is FREE software and NO ONE FORCED you to install it."...
Just a clarification, this thread was not started by Alooka but by stackoverflow. Another proof tricks begin to be an habitude now.