JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04.11.2011, 20:24
Ultra Loader

All i can say is i contacted this RickyFS and i got it fixed, i´m back at home, started the downloads i had on JD and they work fine.

So he did really push a button to make it work.

In the meantime no word from FS support.

Now, the real pain is, will that happen again?, is there any measure when u go from regular customer to "cheater"? are we talking about how many GB per day? will FS keep saying the word "unlimited"?

Man, this looks ugly.

I use to go to some sites for links (heavy files if u ask me, 3D Full HD Movies, Complete Seasons for TV Series, Full HD Movies and some other Full HD Material).

It´s time to put some pressure on FS.
Old 04.11.2011, 20:28
deadmau

I already told you what I just tried. A bunch of random links I picked up from the first 5 pages of Filestube.com

The total size must have been about 40GB or so. I got blocked after 11GB. I'm thinking the major factor here is the speed at which you're downloading - as long as you download slow, you're good. If you have a good connection, expect to get blocked. Their system is automated in terms of blocks, so you can get blocked at anytime. Unfortunately, the automated system is not considerate enough to LIFT those blocks after a certain time period; meaning you'll get blocked quick, but to get unblocked you have to kiss their asses, chase them around, etc etc

Or maybe once you get unblocked, you're put in some kind of whitelist where you don't get blocked again.
Old 04.11.2011, 20:45
Community Manager

Guys i can only repeat myself:
Try to stop using this service, in extreme cases try to get your money back, try to get additional premium days for the days your accounts were blocked, try to tell other people what's going on with fileserve.
Do you seriously want to continue using a service which causes so many problems for you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtimeJD View Post
So he did really push a button to make it work.
And who pushed the button to make it NOT work?
I mean imagine we released pluginupdates to break plugins and fixed them afterwards, just for fun, would you also like that?
And yes he could help because he is from the official support, they provide official support in this forum and i also got him in Skype, it's definitly him.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 04.11.2011, 20:46
Ultra Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmau View Post
I already told you what I just tried. A bunch of random links I picked up from the first 5 pages of Filestube.com

The total size must have been about 40GB or so. I got blocked after 11GB. I'm thinking the major factor here is the speed at which you're downloading - as long as you download slow, you're good. If you have a good connection, expect to get blocked. Their system is automated in terms of blocks, so you can get blocked at anytime. Unfortunately, the automated system is not considerate enough to LIFT those blocks after a certain time period; meaning you'll get blocked quick, but to get unblocked you have to kiss their asses, chase them around, etc etc

Or maybe once you get unblocked, you're put in some kind of whitelist where you don't get blocked again.
I´ll be soon in that 11gb level, i do have something like 25gb on my download list now, let u know what happens.
Old 04.11.2011, 20:51
markitosgti

Quote:

FS sucksss!!! :( I'm banned too.
Old 04.11.2011, 21:18
Ultra Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Guys i can only repeat myself:
Try to stop using this service, in extreme cases try to get your money back, try to get additional premium days for the days your accounts were blocked, try to tell other people what's going on with fileserve.
Do you seriously want to continue using a service which causes so many problems for you?

And who pushed the button to make it NOT work?
I mean imagine we released pluginupdates to break plugins and fixed them afterwards, just for fun, would you also like that?
And yes he could help because he is from the official support, they provide official support in this forum and i also got him in Skype, it's definitly him.

GreeZ pspzockerscene
By saying he did push a button to make it work i´m also clearly saying the reason why it hasn´t being working...that´s what i meant and that´s what i said "really", hard to believe i would say, but the truth anyway.

I´m with you on this, and i really loved your post in WJunction, this goes far beyond we could and should accept as customers.

I can accept some technical wrong doing or mistake, can´t accept this kind of dark and abusive policy, nobody told me yet why my account was "marked", i could easily be blocked again, nothing on FS official site.

Customers will abandon FS, uploaders will follow, it´s just a matter of time.

Last edited by ShowtimeJD; 04.11.2011 at 21:21.
Old 04.11.2011, 22:45
resistor301

my fileserve account and jdownloader are now working. I had sent fileserve e-mails. One to check why and then one 12 hours later to cancel and refund me. I don't know if this worked or not for me but all is well now. I still have 10 months with them but will probably not renew.

Thanks for all the posts here. It gives me a place to find out whats going on.

:)
Old 04.11.2011, 22:55
resistor301

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSeinfeld View Post
So... Is there any reliable way to contact FileServe? I've been searching... only thing I can find is just a stupid web-form on their 'contact us' section.
go to their site and log on. At the bottom of the page on the right there is a contact link. I sent them two. One to check out my problem and 12 hours later one to cancel and refund me if they can't fix it. I did mention jdownloader in both contacts.

Today about 2pm eastern, it started to work. Not before then.

Thanks to all in this forum.

Old 05.11.2011, 00:00
soria

@deadmau
after downloading 11GB, what happened? you had to request unblocking or you wait?
How long did you wait before you can download again?

@ShowtimeJD
did you try it too?

I ask the millions of users fileserve who do not yet know nothing
do not know the procedure (ask Rick to unlock) expect that sooner or later resolves itself fileserve ' ...how will they do?
fileserve sooner or later will also solve the problem globally, it is unthinkable a situation like this
I download a lot, I am convinced that it is they who ultimately
limiting the speed
Old 05.11.2011, 00:21
deadmau

Since it was an experiment and since I'm a torrent guy, I didn't bother asking them to unblock it. The only reason I did it was to test the waters. What's the point of asking them to unblock me if I'm going to get blocked again if I download 'too much' from my 'unlimited quota'.
Old 05.11.2011, 00:47
soria

I said to understand how it worked now fileserve with these limitations
you asked unlocking then you've downloaded 11GB then blocked again (landing 612) and then?
although you are a torrent guy, now you have the account relocking?

in theory you should ask again unlocking?
Old 05.11.2011, 01:57
deadmau

Looks like you got it all wrong.

I've been following the entire blocking mania very closely, so I was seeing how things were panning out and how they were doing it. To test it out, I bought a premium account and tested it on my seedbox which got blocked after about 11 odd GB of downloads.

I didn't ask for an unblock, so I am not sure what happens from there on. That's all. I got blocked once, that's it.
Old 05.11.2011, 03:28
oregon raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by resistor301 View Post
go to their site and log on. At the bottom of the page on the right there is a contact link. I sent them two. One to check out my problem and 12 hours later one to cancel and refund me if they can't fix it. I did mention jdownloader in both contacts.

Today about 2pm eastern, it started to work. Not before then.

Thanks to all in this forum.

i did the same thing last night. i contacted them through email saying i was getting errors and that if it wasnt fixed i would cancel. i didnt hear any response from them, and after reading through the posts in this forum last night i went ahead and disabled my autopay which in affect cancels my account as of this next week. i loaded up jdownloader this afternoon and it works again. ive downloaded roughly 20 GB of stuff since then with no problems. i dont really care if they ban me again for "heavy use" because they already lost me as a customer....when my account expires next week im moving to a different site...probabaly megaupload.
Old 05.11.2011, 04:28
phrozen087

Quote:

I can somewhat confirm this result also. I added up all of the files I downloaded the other night before I got blocked and it was right around 11GB as well. I was downloading on a 20mb/s line (so ~2.5MB/s transfer rate). Not sure which of those had to do with the ban, but I am guessing that there is something watching near that 11GB mark. Guess I will just try and spread out the stuff I need to download over a larger period of time from now on and stay as far away from that mark as I can...
Old 05.11.2011, 05:37
oregon raven

when i went to sleep i set up jdownloader with a number of files and started it...when i woke up they had downloaded the first section and errored out on the rest. now that you guys mention it....mine stopped downloading around 11 gigs also before i was "banned" or whatever. who in the world wants to pay for a unlimited membership when they limit what you can use? there is too much competition out there for them to think they can do things like that and survive. what a joke.
Old 05.11.2011, 06:41
JD Legend

Quote:
I was interested in finding out how sensitive their system is. So I conducted a test. I have a seedbox (basically a server to seed/leech torrents) with spare capacity. So I bought a Fileserve account and grabbed like 60 links from a file search engine. The total size of all these links was around ~40GB.

After about downloading 11GB, my IP was blocked. All the rest of the links resulted in a landing error 612.

EDIT: I think they have a variety of factors in place, including speed. Now my seedbox is obviously capable of downloading at good speeds - so my downloads were running at like 20MB/sec and over on average, per download. This was done by establishing 8 connections per download using Aria2 (a linux download manager).

So as long as you guys limit your speed and don't download a lot, you'll be safe. If you're a 'heavy' downloader, find another service. Fileserve's 'unlimited' is not unlimited. It's very limited.
Well it must be on some kind of case by case basis, because after i was unbanned I've been downloading a couple hundred gigs daily, at about 20MB\s (seems to be fileserve's limit) on my rdp, and then also downloading on my home connection.

Haven't gotten rebanned yet.
Old 05.11.2011, 08:59
deadmau

But you're an uploader, right? If we heavy downloaders ask for an unban and then go download a hundreg gigs, we'll just get banned again and be asked to justify our usage 'because we're not uploading to fileserve and so our usage pattern is suspicious'.

And I suppose 11GB is the limit for new IPs. Unbanned IPs are probably being put into a whitelist to prevent re-blocking.
Old 05.11.2011, 10:11
JD Legend

I don't think its locked to specific ips, since rickyfs (on the wjuction thread) asked me for my username aswell.

It would be pretty stupid to do it by an ip, since most people get new ones everytime they connect to the internet.
Old 05.11.2011, 10:23
soria

last night, without asking unlock to anybody, jd works again;)
Old 05.11.2011, 11:45
saintfury

Hi

Im pretty much a newbie to all this , i have read through the posts and trying to get a idea of what to do ..can someone just tell me if im right

1) unknown landing error is due to FS ?

2) if yes..then i email them and say what exactly ? is there anyone specific i can contact for faster repsonse, i see this name RICKY FS mentioned, anyone have this persons contact details?

3) should i give them IP address ? what details are safe to give?

4) Updating JD make any difference ?

thanks... apologies if these have been answered , im just clueless on all this..

Last edited by saintfury; 05.11.2011 at 11:49.
Old 05.11.2011, 12:05
remi

1) Yes

2) Say that you were banned by him and that you want your money back. Ricky is the guy running FSe but he won't give you his e-mail or other details. That's why he hides in the wjunction.com forums because he's probably on the run and fears a class action suit.

3) Send your login and IP address. Nothing is safe with him but this is the way all types of Mafia operate.

4) No.
Old 05.11.2011, 12:06
Community Manager & Admin (inaktiv)

1. Yep.
2. See remi's post.
3. There should be no reason to give them your IP address. I guess, they have enough IP addresses, now. Why do they need these, anyway?
4. Nope, JD will update anyway. FS' fault.
5. They are excluding JD users, we don't know why, maybe they get paid by IDM...
Greetz

REGELN: Bugreports | RULES: Bugreports

Erste Schritte & Tutorials | Self Help Index | Read Me | JD 2 Beta - FAQ

Support Chat

Keep smiling, it's simple!

Last edited by Think3r; 05.11.2011 at 12:08.
Old 05.11.2011, 12:09
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think3r View Post
5. ... maybe they get paid by IDM...
That's another reason that I hadn't though of yet. LOL.

I think Ricky just wants to keep the money of the downloaders. If you download too much (more than 11 GB) from his site he has to pay too much money to the uploaders. Don't you see the picture?

EDIT by Think3r: Hehe, well thought of.

Last edited by Think3r; 05.11.2011 at 12:26.
Old 05.11.2011, 12:30
saintfury

Hi

ive PM him on Wjunction , as others have done ..given name and IP add. I too dont like giving such details out , but seem to be stuck with options. Hope all is sorted by him. Im relatviely new to DL and didnt think it would be this much hassle. I dont even DL much and still blocked, every now and then i DL.. i hear some people do 250Gb to 500Gb per month , im no where near this level...well i hope this is sorted asap.
Old 05.11.2011, 12:32

I HAVE ONLY ONE ADVISE FOR YOU: BOYCOTT FILESERVE.
They are ignorant and probably open to bribery. Oh, and one more thing: they are annoying. Change to another OCH, there are enough of them.
Greetz

Support Chat

Old 05.11.2011, 12:38
saintfury

so who is best to join ? safe and relaible ? had rapidshare and hotfile for 1 month and they were pretty bad ,dead files , links all over. Filserve is latest one,which others do you recommend ?
Old 05.11.2011, 12:40
remi

I download a few hundred GB a month and more than 11 GB a day without buying any accounts. I'm a simple free loader and I'm using jD for only a few hours a day.
Old 05.11.2011, 12:43
saintfury

remi

yeah , seems unfair a premium DL gets shafted. I only took the premium route to speed up things , im a terrible waiter and just pick files and use a DL manager to do the rest. I dont like putting in captacha etc...just wish this was simple and stress free.
Old 05.11.2011, 12:50
Ultra Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen087 View Post
I can somewhat confirm this result also. I added up all of the files I downloaded the other night before I got blocked and it was right around 11GB as well. I was downloading on a 20mb/s line (so ~2.5MB/s transfer rate). Not sure which of those had to do with the ban, but I am guessing that there is something watching near that 11GB mark. Guess I will just try and spread out the stuff I need to download over a larger period of time from now on and stay as far away from that mark as I can...
Guys, i´ve downloaded something like 40GB yesterday and no problem at all, downloading now some other stuff.

I don´t know if it has something to do with speed or total downloads at a time, i download at 1.5-1.8 mb/s, maximum 3 downloads at a time.

Maybe my user got definitive green light, don´t know.
Old 05.11.2011, 13:02
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintfury View Post
I dont like putting in captacha etc...just wish this was simple and stress free.
There are several big hosts that don't require captchas. See also "Hosts without annoying captchas".

If you download relatively large files you won't have to type captchas very often. The only exception is FSe of course as Ricky requires you to type 3 to 5 captchas before a download starts. That's why most people are now dropping FSe. Its service is too bad in comparison to other hosts.
Old 05.11.2011, 13:09
interestingman

Looks like my entire IP address is banned.

In Jdownloader I get the error message "Unknown landing error" and in My browser I get "cannot download at this time".

My account was due to end so I setup a brand new one and this also gets the exact same problems and has never been used.

I have emailed their support saying I will cancel and start Paypal claims at the end of the day if they are not switched back on.
Old 05.11.2011, 14:02
soria

guys,

now i download again without having given ip and id to ricky.
if you're landing error at this point just wait or maybe now they have solved the problems
not given if you do not want
Old 05.11.2011, 14:21
wanxu

I have still the problem, I will send Ricky a PM...
Old 05.11.2011, 15:02
deadmau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
I don't think its locked to specific ips, since rickyfs (on the wjuction thread) asked me for my username aswell.

It would be pretty stupid to do it by an ip, since most people get new ones everytime they connect to the internet.
They're doing it just by IP, I can pretty much confirm that. The reason you were asked for your username was to justify your download habit. Your username gives him access to your account, which gives him access to your logs, which tells him you're an uploader who also downloads thus proving your legitimacy.

If you were a heavy downloader, not uploading anything to FS, he would have asked you to justify your usage, especially with the fact that the IP was a server. They're more strict with servers/VPNs because they think servers are being used by leech services.
Old 05.11.2011, 16:08

@saintfury: Rapidshare has become a paradise for leechers. This is because they are having a lac of uploaders (they had to cancel their uploading reward program some time ago) due to our friends from the government. Thus every free user gets full speed and files won't be deleted, anymore. Never. So if you find your "stuff" hosted on RapidShare, too, then proceed.
Other big hosts are Uploaded, Filesonic and Wupload is pretty coming in.
Do as you wish.
Greetz

Support Chat

Old 05.11.2011, 16:58
NoSurrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by soria View Post
guys,

now i download again without having given ip and id to ricky.
if you're landing error at this point just wait or maybe now they have solved the problems
not given if you do not want
So, Is it better to wait fileserve solution or contact Ricky?

I still can not download anythingx)
Old 05.11.2011, 17:02
jduser666

Just giving some feedback on fileserve premium problems to see if it will help the devs figure this out.

I believe a few of the issues experienced by the users here may be due to fileserve itself.

Having said that though, i still believe something was screwed up in the fileserve plugin post version 14873. Why 14873? Cause that was the plugin version i got from our kind remi via this post:

http://board.jdownloader.org/showpos...postcount=1605

that removed all unknown landing errors for me. Even the latest fileserve plugin still gives me unknown landing errors on random links but this version 14873 plugin is rock solid with no errors. I don't know if any other later version between 14873 and the latest works, so some feedback from people with later versions that have no probs would be great.

Thus i believe there may be two groups here. One group is the ones getting unknown landing errors and totally not able to download not even from browser and the second group also getting unknown landing errors but able to download from browser. The first group could probably blame it on fileserve but with the second it seems to be jdownloader's fault.

I can have a link give me an unknown landing error on the lastest fileserve plugin and the moment i revert back to remi's version 14873 plugin, the error goes away. Perhaps the devs might wanna look ito this?

Last edited by jduser666; 05.11.2011 at 17:05.
Old 05.11.2011, 17:21
Ganard

I'm shocked and actually quite offended by the move fileserve made. I've contacted my bank to chargeback the payment I made to them before, fileserve can go screw themselves i'm sticking with filesonic now...
Old 05.11.2011, 18:03
Community Manager

@remi
Well actually JD should now about the "3-5 captchas per download" block and get more free speed again.
No one reported anything so i suppose free is working fine again.

@all & especially Ganard
Very good idea.
Get your money back, don't waste it for buying accounts that will soon be blocked.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 05.11.2011, 18:49
saintfury

Hi

Nothing fixed as of yet , think RickyFS is offline. I just want a simple , hassle free Time. I thought premium was the right path for this. Will keep you updated, i did Pm ricky , fingers crossed i will be sorted asap.
Closed Thread