JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 05.05.2016, 04:31
CyanSlinky

Default Cant set default youtube variant anymore

so apparently an update today or yesterday changed something as i cant set the default variant to 480p by default, it auto goes to the best variant and i cant seem to find how to change it anywhere. How do i change it back so the linkgrabber default variant is 480p and not 1080p?

Also i know there's already a similar thread but it didnt help me and says its solved so i dont know if i should post there or if it would get noticed.

Edit : i would also really appreciate it if an actual default variant dropdown option was added so i dont have to puzzle it out everytime. maybe there is one already? if so i couldn't find it.

Last edited by CyanSlinky; 05.05.2016 at 05:02.
Old 05.05.2016, 04:56
JD Fan

Hi @Jiaz and @coalado

I usually catch the latest YouTube music videos with imvdb.com/new

Here's a link for you guys to work on.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

I'm not getting the 192kbit audio bitrate I chose. Tried with various YouTube videos like trailers or news clips. Same results. Never have this issue until last week when YouTube tweaked something and the recent JD2 update. VEVO stuff have this audio bitrate issue on and off in the past.

If you guys can get the 192kbit file, then maybe there's something wrong with my YT plugin settings. The new YT plugin settings for JD2 update quite

Last edited by confused; 05.05.2016 at 05:03.
Old 05.05.2016, 06:05
English Supporter

@CyanSlinky

As settings/interface has changed, old threads wont be of any relevance. I did make a post about this within this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
So our core release is out, and our changes to youtube are live!

youtube has had extensive changes, and you will need to re-configure youtube plugin settings as all old settings are gone! settings > plugins > youtube.com
It's quite simple
settings > plugins > youtube.com
edit the 'allowed media types' drop downs, it will reduce the over all variants in the table.
then do the tweaking you need by checkbox

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 05.05.2016 at 06:10.
Old 05.05.2016, 06:13
Junior Loader

Hi mates, I saw the *updated* Youtube plugin, but where are the proxy settings? They're gone for now... :(
Any plans to update this? Because I rely on that heavily due to georestrictions.

[edit]
Never mind, found it in the pages before, thanks

Last edited by davidr17; 05.05.2016 at 06:17.
Old 05.05.2016, 18:54
aej

Default Variant for Best webm

Thanks for this cool update. I have been playing around with the Youtube plugin for awhile and noticed that Best webm for portrait-oriented videos selects 1440p when there is 1920p also available.

Examples:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 05.05.2016, 19:02
CyanSlinky

@raztoki this doesnt help, ive already messed around with the allowed media types section but i cant make 480p the default but also be able to select the other variants, if i disable everything but 480p it only shows it and no other variants which is not what i want.
Old 05.05.2016, 23:14
JD Manager

Cyanslink:
If you disable variants,they will not be listed in the quick selection. But when you click the 'choose variant' button in the link grabber drop down menu, jd will list ALL available variants anyway.I hope this helps
Old 05.05.2016, 23:52
CyanSlinky

@coalado why? that's incredibly inconvenient... id prefer the old version then if this is how its going to be from now, any way to downgrade? hopefully this is changed in future versions or ill just stick with an old version.
Old 06.05.2016, 00:27
wanttohelp

I have another question about descriptions, when a timestamp is used in it, the downloaded description only returns "#" in place of text. Like this video's description:

The downloaded description will not contain these numbers in plaintext:

Quote:
0:16 0:18 03:26 0:25 02:51 0:19 03:29
0:19 0:35 1:00 2:45 3:38 0:19
03:43
But a bunch of "#" for each timestamp. Is this something that can be fixed or does it relate to something on the backend?
Old 06.05.2016, 09:43
JD Manager

Cyanslinky
What exactly do you want? Jd should show all variants in the drop down but preselected not the best but a different one?
Old 06.05.2016, 09:44
JD Manager

Wanttohelp: I will fix this
Old 06.05.2016, 10:10
omoi

Default Missing feature in youtube plugin

the youtube plugin does not allow you to set package name to the name of a playlist.

please allow Customized Packagename to support for *PLAYLISTNAME*

thank you in advance.

ps. also allow for adding a prefix number to the videos of a playlist according to the order that they are in regardless of their names being numbered or not.
eg. *POSITION_IN_PLAYLIST*
Old 06.05.2016, 12:26
JD Manager

@omoi and @wanttohelp:
Old 06.05.2016, 14:06
gertan

Quote:
@gertan
plugin doesn't need support as its within the core
settings > connection manager > add proxy, move the proxy rule above 'no proxy', click the furthest edit button, set as whitelist and type in youtube.com = done.
Hi

Thanks.

I think I should atleast add these two in whitelist:

youtube.com
googlevideo.com

Anyway, now I can download youtube videos, But I don't see the size of videos in LinkGrabber, It shows the size as Unknown.

How can I view the size of videos before downloading them?

06.05.16 15.27.43 <--> 06.05.16 15.29.01 jdlog://2598625891641/

Thank you

Last edited by gertan; 06.05.2016 at 14:19.
Old 06.05.2016, 14:47
JD Fan

The ongoing audio bitrate issue

I tried the above link I provided earlier and this time, I got the correct 192kbit audio bitrate I chose. But I will not get the correct audio bitrate for many other YouTube videos.

I also noticed this on M4A and AAC selection. Pick 192kbit, you get 128kbit. Pick 128kbit, you get 96kbit.

By the way, is my issue being ignored?
Old 06.05.2016, 14:58
English Supporter

@gertan
googlevideo shouldn't be required as proxy is done via plugin 'name' and youtube plugin names are all shown as 'youtube.com'

unknown size will because you added playlist maybe, or have fast link option enabled within youtube plugin settings or jd core settings.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 06.05.2016, 15:02
gertan

Quote:
@gertan
googlevideo shouldn't be required as proxy is done via plugin 'name' and youtube plugin names are all shown as 'youtube.com'

unknown size will because you added playlist maybe, or have fast link option enabled within youtube plugin settings or jd core settings.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Now every issue I had was resolved.
Old 06.05.2016, 15:34
JD Manager

@confused: i've added your issue to ticket. coalado not in office today, he will work on it on monday
Old 06.05.2016, 16:21
CyanSlinky

@coalado yes exactly, i want to be able to quick select other variants in the dropdown but have 480p as the default variant, going through a new window to do so is inconvenient. And ive been doing it quickly through the dropdown for a long time since it used to be that way...
Old 06.05.2016, 16:34
aej

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanSlinky View Post
@coalado yes exactly, i want to be able to quick select other variants in the dropdown but have 480p as the default variant, going through a new window to do so is inconvenient. And ive been doing it quickly through the dropdown for a long time since it used to be that way...
Why would you need other variants if you just want 480p? Alternatively, if you want to change variant, you can right click on the list->youtube.com->change variant->change video variant. Then, it will give you available variants to change to.