JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 24.11.2019, 09:10
Giga Loader

Default Create your own plugins

I've noticed that there are many plugin requests that are still waiting for treatment even after months or years of wait time. So I guess these requests will probably never be processed. Might it perhaps in the near future be possible for users to create their own plugins? I suppose this is not possible yet, but might it perhaps be possible in the future, for instance by adding a module to JDownloader to make such a thing possible?
Old 24.11.2019, 12:19
English Supporter

It's already possible to create your own hoster and decrypter plugins. Our source code is mostly open, 99% of plugins are freely available to download / alter / compile yourself. You just need to know Java syntax and understand how the plugins work. Most plugins code calls internal methods which perform repetitive tasks, outside of that only basic Java knowledge is required.

google 'getting started guide site:jdownloader.org'

if you have any other queries, please ask =]

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 24.11.2019 at 12:22.
Old 24.11.2019, 13:06
Giga Loader

Thank you, Raztoki! I'm certainly going to read the getting started guide. I hope it will give me enough guidance to accomplish what I want to do. I want to create a plugin for downloading from a website that needs a login. Do you think there is/are already freely downloadable plugin(s) for such a task and that only needs some tweaking to fit it into JDownloader? Also, right now I know nothing about Java, but I can of course try to learn the basics.

Edit: I've googled 'getting started guide site:jdownloader.org' and it landed me on the 'Getting started as a JD-Developer' page. Is that where I'm supposed to go? That I have to turn into a kind of JD developer? I also don't know where I can download all those plugins you mentioned.

It'll be a rather steep climb for me, I guess.

Last edited by rockwater; 24.11.2019 at 13:51.