JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 12.04.2018, 00:17
JD Legend

Default Archive Password input field disabled

Not sure where to actually post this issue but, I just noticed some how that when I put something into the link grabber that needs an Archive Password, I can no longer paste or type the password into there. It now says on the far right side "Auto Extract Disabled"

I have checked and looked in the advanced tab and although there are several different Password fields in various places, I am unsure as to which one activates or deactivates that field I would like to be able to put the password into.

See attached screen shot
Attached Thumbnails
Screen shot 2018-04-11 at 1.27.09 PM.jpg  
Old 12.04.2018, 01:27
Community Manager

Please add a log.
I cannot confirm this (I'm on Windows ....).
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 12.04.2018, 10:18
JD Manager

Is the Archive Extraction Extension enabled? Check in Settings, on the left site.
Old 15.04.2018, 05:50
JD Legend

Not sure how a log file will help unless it shows all settings too but here it is:
13.04.18 11.37.45 <--> 12.04.18 00.24.33 jdlog://6030754433151/

I'm attaching three new screen shots one that shows that the Archive Password is not able to put in a password and yes on the right side there it shows the Auto Extraction is Disabled but I have yet to find the correct settings to re-enable that in settings although when in the advanced settings window. The first Screen shot of the link Grabber window although it is not something atm that actually needs a password, one can still see that the Archive Password entry area is still greyed out. And yes most of the ones that need passwords are either Rar, Zip, or other compressed file formats.

The other two screen shots from Settings also showing what was set there and I did change something there in the second screen shot but neither has changed the Archive Password entry area on the main screen.
Yes I do also have Archive Passwords in the Password list for some that are standard or very odd ones that hare sometimes hard to find depending on the share and those are not shown of course for several security reasons.

Something is odd and I have not beeen able to figure out what changed to disable the Archive Password Entry Area on the Main link grabber screen.

Hopefully you all can figure it out.

TIA
Attached Thumbnails
Screen shot 2018-04-14 at 7.22.06 PM.jpg   Screen shot 2018-04-14 at 7.29.53 PM.jpg   Screen shot 2018-04-14 at 7.39.44 PM.jpg  
Old 16.04.2018, 14:34
JD Manager

You can only assign archive passwords to archives!
The screenshots shows mkv , no archive and therefore you cannot enter any archive password for it.
I suggest simply add the default passwords to Settings-Archive Extractor-Password list
Old 16.04.2018, 21:26
JD Legend

I know you cant add passwords to non archive type.

If you look at some of the log file that I included some where in the past few days there were archives that had passwords which showed the same disabled button shown in the screen shots .... atm I dont have anything that requires such a password but the fact that it shows disabled surprised me when I went to enter one for an archive in link grabber and could not do so. Yes I entered the password into the Settings-Archive Extractor-Password list and of course that worked .... just wondering where or why this happened and where when the next time it happens I can actually change that setting so that I can manually enter a password when needed when the copy from site is formatted in such a manor that it will not grab the password properly to auto enter it, if that makes sense.

Hopefully I will have another example eventually that I can sned in wiht the log file and screen shots.

TIA for looking into it thus far.
Old 17.04.2018, 10:37
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback! When it happens again, please provide a screenshot and logs.
So you're saying that even for archives this field is disabled and the extraction setting is also disabled? Or maybe you find a way to reproduce the issue, then please let us know so we can check/fix it
Old 17.04.2018, 10:46
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
So you're saying that even for archives this field is disabled and the extraction setting is also disabled?
Yes that's how I noticed it in the first place. I had a couple of archives that needed passwords but on the web site the way the password was places so far away and or had some other wording directly in front of the password, It would not copy and place the password into the field and when I went to manually put the password into the field it was greyed out in the field where one can or is supposed to type it as well as it saying on the far right side that it was disabled.

Anyway when I run across a couple of more I'll see what happens and also do another screen shot and log for it. Not sure how soon or how long this may be though ... so have patience of course
Old 17.04.2018, 15:18
JD Manager

I will wait for new feedback of you
Also when this happens, please try to restart JDownloader and check if it's working then. It might be that the archive validation/detection failed and internally the files are not *detected* as archive and therefore not possible to set such informations