JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 31.07.2018, 04:15
Baby Loader

Default Twitter.com handles in filenames

If possible, when downloading images and videos from twitter I think it'd be useful to have the username of the account they're from added to the filename, similar to what is done with images downloaded from the website deviantart. This would be good for when you want to revisit a since forgotten account that an image or video you previously downloaded originated from.
Old 31.07.2018, 12:14
JD Manager

Old 13.11.2018, 02:22
Community Manager

Added packagizer property "username" for this.
Usage:
<jd:prop:PROPERTYID>

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 04.04.2019, 16:55
JD Alpha

i've been trying to get this to work but for some reason i'm unable to, i've tried using both the twimg.com and twitter.com url's in the downloadurl and source url and i've added
<jd:prop:PROPERTYID> to the "then set... filename" option but it still continues to pull the tweet numbers and original filename only

i'll give these tweets for example links since they have images in them and they're public tweets
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

i may be fully doing this wrong because the post above mentions adding username to the packagizer properties but i can't seem to find that either
Old 04.04.2019, 18:44
Script Master

<jd:prop:PROPERTYID> is the syntax. So, you will have to use <jd:prop:username> to add/insert the user name.
Old 04.04.2019, 23:08
JD Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpai View Post
<jd:prop:PROPERTYID> is the syntax. So, you will have to use <jd:prop:username> to add/insert the user name.
changed it to that and still getting the same thing, tried it in both file name fields at the same time and each with the other turned off too
Old 05.04.2019, 10:18
Script Master

Code:
If downloadurl contains: twitter.com
Then set Filename: <jd:prop:username> <jd:orgfilename>

It is working, but seems to support only some twitter url formats. If the username is available in urls, you can create a packagizer rule to pick it from there and add it to the filename (without using this placeholder).
Old 05.04.2019, 22:44
JD Alpha

Quote:
Code:

It is working, but seems to support only some twitter url formats. If the username is available in urls, you can create a packagizer rule to pick it from there and add it to the filename (without using this placeholder).
this might be the solution to my problem which I just posted here:
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=80246

how exactly do you do this? how do you pick the name from the rule? I am checking the packaziger rules but I dont see such option.
Old 06.04.2019, 00:55
JD Alpha

Quote:
Code:

tried 20 different tweets from different accounts and i'm still getting nothing, the only time i've been able to get the username to pop up is scanning the twitter account itself and even then it only brings up the name in the package

it's weird how instagram does it automatically without any packagizer messing around but twitter for some reason refuses to let me do it
Old 06.04.2019, 07:52
Script Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ominus View Post
... how exactly do you do this? how do you pick the name from the rule? I am checking the packaziger rules but I dont see such option.
Code:
Sourceurls(s) > contains: twitter.com/*/status/
then set > Filename: <jd:source:1> <jd:orgfilename>
Old 06.04.2019, 16:31
JD Alpha

Quote:
Code:
Sourceurls(s) > contains: twitter.com/*/status/
then set > Filename: <jd:source:1> <jd:orgfilename>
this worked, the username is in the filename now

also to add on, adding "<jd:source:1>" to the "then set.... package name" adds them to the same package too whereas without this it just shows them as 1-4 seperate packages depending on how many of the 4 available photos are in the tweet

Last edited by onthroughtime; 06.04.2019 at 16:34.
Old 06.04.2019, 17:56
JD Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthroughtime View Post
tried 20 different tweets from different accounts and i'm still getting nothing, the only time i've been able to get the username to pop up is scanning the twitter account itself and even then it only brings up the name in the package

it's weird how instagram does it automatically without any packagizer messing around but twitter for some reason refuses to let me do it

I think I figured out why this is not working with DownloadUrl and the jd:property:username placeholder but it works with the SourceUrl solution which mgpai provided.

The main twitter url and the direct urls of the pictures are not the same at all.

for example:
main twitter url which you copy to Lingrabber

extacted urls of the pictures from the main url

The main twitter url contains the username account (MingNa), so we can extract it from there with SourceUrl. But the picture urls have a complete different domain (twimg) and they dont contain at all the username account. That's why JD breaks them into three different packages and the jd:property:username placeholder fails to get the username.

I dont know if the same thing happens with Instagram but JD somehow manages to get the username, I havent tested that.