JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 22.07.2017, 16:09
JD Manager

Thanks to Simon for bringing back MyJDownloader to iOS
Old 22.07.2017, 16:31
Super Loader

@Simon*
If you need some help for the german localisation, you can send me the Language file (maybe as an *.txt file) and I will support you...

Regards
Yarando
Old 24.07.2017, 08:36
JD Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarando View Post
@Simon*
If you need some help for the german localisation, you can send me the Language file (maybe as an *.txt file) and I will support you...

Regards
Yarando
Eine sehr gute Idee!!!!!
Old 24.07.2017, 09:39
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckbaxter View Post
Eine sehr gute Idee!!!!!
Hi,

Aber so schlimm ist es doch gar nicht, hier und da das ein oder andere vergessene Wort und die ein oder andere Stelle, die anders hätte übersetzt werden können.
Aber wer weiß, was er mit dem Tool macht, kommt doch klar...

Sehe es eher als ästhetische Verbesserung...

Gruß,
Yarando.
Old 24.07.2017, 10:26
DSL User

Quote:
@Simon*

Regards
Yarando
Thanks for the offer, yarando.

Quote:
Hi,

Aber so schlimm ist es doch gar nicht, hier und da das ein oder andere vergessene Wort und die ein oder andere Stelle, die anders hätte übersetzt werden können.
Aber wer weiß, was er mit dem Tool macht, kommt doch klar...

Sehe es eher als ästhetische Verbesserung...

Gruß,
Yarando.
I don't speak a single word of German.

The app was kindly translated by two users of the app, who are native German speakers.

I have no idea how good the translation is.. so if something is incorrect, or if something has been missed please tell me here.

----

v1.3.1 is still in review. Taking longer than I'd expect... :(
Old 24.07.2017, 11:05
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon* View Post
Thanks for the offer, yarando.

I don't speak a single word of German.

The app was kindly translated by two users of the app, who are native German speakers.

I have no idea how good the translation is.. so if something is incorrect, or if something has been missed please tell me here.

----

v1.3.1 is still in review. Taking longer than I'd expect... :(
So, from my point of view there are no realy wrong translations. Just some single words are missing and some other words I would translate diffrently.
I think I've not seen the whole GUI at all.
What I've seen is a missing translation at the "link add" menue....
"Browse for links" and
"Or enter text to send to JDownloader".
So the translation is not bad, it's very good and usefull.

I don't know, you already have some help from german users/native speeker.
It should only be an offer...

I also don't know, how to program an app an if there are language files (like html/php programming for CMS). So if so, don't hesitate to send it.

Regards,
Yarando

Last edited by yarando; 24.07.2017 at 13:06.
Old 25.07.2017, 10:01
DSL User

Thanks yarando. I'll fix those in the next release. If you spot any others let me know. iOS apps have string resource files, which is just a list of english words/sentences with their translated counterpart. I might PM you if I need any new translations, thanks!

If anyone else wants the app translated in their language feel free to PM me.

----

No issues with getting v1.3.1 in the app store, it should be coming through as an update for everyone in the next couple hours. I like this update, the share extension is going to be useful for a lot of people I think.
Old 27.07.2017, 22:25
Junior Loader

Hello Simon!

I just wanted to let you know that the new version of the app is so good, the new features make it so much easier to work with.

Even the issue I had with the download path is gone and the Captcha notification works like a charm.

Thank you!
Old 28.07.2017, 00:58
DSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayK View Post
Hello Simon!

I just wanted to let you know that the new version of the app is so good, the new features make it so much easier to work with.

Even the issue I had with the download path is gone and the Captcha notification works like a charm.

Thank you!
Thanks JayK, it's always nice to hear feedback like that. I'm glad it's all working.

-------------------

I've had a few emails asking about Click'n'load and if it's supported in the app or not. As it stands at the moment, Click'n'load works with the internal web browser (link grabber -> Browse for links), but not every website works, which is why I don't advertise it as a feature in the app. If it works for the websites you use, Great. If not, sorry.

Click'n'load is not supported outside of the app e.g. safari or chrome. To my knowledge this is not possible on iOS and probably never will be. Click'n'load requires a http daemon to be running listening for Click'n'load calls. There is no way to keep it running and listening once the app is backgrounded. iOS is very very strict about what apps can run in the background and would kill MyJD.

If an app wants to communicate with another app on iOS, this is done with 'deep linking'. Any app on iOS can communicate with MyJD Remote, using this scheme: myjd://

For example:

The browser would detect the users operating system, and if it's iOS, then

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
would simply be replaced with

myjd://?source={source}&jk={jk}&crypted={crypted}

I can add support for this into the app in an hours work. The hard part would be convincing websites to make this change to their Click'n'load code...
Old 28.07.2017, 12:17
Super Loader

Hi Simon,

Just a little question...

Is there any manual or wiki which explains all the feature or funktions of your app?

Because I'm looking for a function wich splitt the packages in the link grabber to seperate different Hosters.

If there is no function to do that, so take this as a request, please...

Regards,
Yarando
Old 11.08.2017, 09:51
DSL User

Quote:
Hi Simon,

Just a little question...

Is there any manual or wiki which explains all the feature or funktions of your app?

Because I'm looking for a function wich splitt the packages in the link grabber to seperate different Hosters.

If there is no function to do that, so take this as a request, please...

Regards,
Yarando
Hi yarando

Sorry for the late reply. I've been on holiday for a while

There is no wiki, but I think everything is clearly visible.

Your not the first person to request this. I'll look into how I can add more options into the 'package options' gui. At the moment you slide the cell for options, and I don't wan't to include anything else here as it's room is limited. I'll think of something!
Old 11.08.2017, 20:37
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon* View Post
Hi yarando

Sorry for the late reply. I've been on holiday for a while

There is no wiki, but I think everything is clearly visible.

Your not the first person to request this. I'll look into how I can add more options into the 'package options' gui. At the moment you slide the cell for options, and I don't wan't to include anything else here as it's room is limited. I'll think of something!
No problem...

I just thourght maybe I've overseen something.
This is the only reason why I asked.

I'm open for every improvement.
If I see something else I'll ask again...

Only to let you know... Your App is realy great!

Regards,
Yarando!

Last edited by yarando; 11.08.2017 at 20:43.
Old 25.08.2017, 17:42
gab1545

Wonderful app. I don't need to use it too often, though, and I've noticed that if I don't launch it for a week or so it forgets my username/password - is there a way to have it remember these more permanently?
Old 28.08.2017, 01:24
DSL User

Hi Gab

Thanks! No there isn't at the moment. I don't save the username and password. You enter it once and then it's gone.

I've heard from a number of people about this issue, and some reviews on the app store also complain about this.

I can only think of two things that would cause this:

1) there's a bug when the app is loading and it doesn't load your session token in time. in the absence of a token the login screen is displayed. the app loads session info before anything else and it's all synchronous so I don't understand why it would be this.
2) there's an issue refreshing the token when it expires.

from what I've heard of this issue it's more likely to be issue 1. the login screen will be presented immediately on app launch if it's issue 1, where you will get a loading dialog and then the login screen with issue 2.

it's a bank holiday for me tomorrow so i'll attempt to fix this issue. it might take a while before I release anything though as this will involve me swapping storage mechanisms. and also making sure old users also get their info migrated to the new storage type as well.

I MIGHT add a remember username/password option to the login screen so if all else fails the app can log you in again by itself.

I also want to add a 'default JDownloader' option to the app settings screen. Some people don't like the dashboard screen (understandable if you only have one JDownloader). if this option is set it will take you directly to the chosen JDownloader downloads if it's online, and to the dashboard if it's offline
Old 28.08.2017, 13:09
gab1545

Thank you very much for this detailed reply - it all sounds great. A default jDownloader would also be great for me - I only have one, and it hadn't occurred to me that the reason that I find myself going through more screens than seems necessary is due to this.

I hope you have a good bank holiday!
Old 29.09.2017, 10:57
jumpman23

Hi Simon, how can I get the jdownloader App for iOS? Couldn‘t find it on the App Store, only the remote App.
Old 29.09.2017, 11:18
JD Manager

@jumpman23: It is the remote app?! There is no native JDownloader for mobile
Old 29.09.2017, 11:26
jumpman23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@jumpman23: It is the remote app?! There is no native JDownloader for mobile
Oh I thought there was one for iOS? Thanks for making that cleare.
Old 29.09.2017, 11:39
JD Manager

Only remote apps
itunes.apple.com/gb/app/myjd-remote/id1203271558
Old 05.10.2017, 13:00
DSL User

Some users are reporting that push notifications are no longer being received - this is a bug Apple has introduced with iOS 11.

_**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
The app utilises silent push notifications e.g. the app gets the push notification but it doesn't tell you about it. When the app gets the notification the relevant information is downloaded in the background e.g. online JD's, pending captchas/dialgs etc.. and once the app has that information, it shows you a local notification making it look like a remote notification

This is broken in iOS 11, but apparently apple has a fix coming in iOS 11.1 so please wait for this OS version to be released

-----

Apple is getting even more strict about how silent push notifications are used and for captcha pushes to be delivered reliably we may have to revert to 'standard' generic notifications. e.g. the notification won't know your device name and won't be able to take you directly to the captcha when you press it

Users who are still running iOS 10, could you please post here and let me know how reliable the notification are? e.g. 9 out of 10 times a new captcha is available you get a notification

Last edited by raztoki; 05.10.2017 at 13:47.