JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 19.08.2019, 21:58
Baby Loader

Unhappy JDownloader freezes my PC!

Hi there

In the last ca. 3 months I've had many problems with JDownloader and most of the updates you make for the app. When downloading something/anything with JDownloader, after a few seconds my PC (Win10) freezes/my mouse wont move. This last for ca. 5-15 seconds and when I can move mouse again, a few seconds after that the problem comes back. This is of course very annoying. I almost can't use my PC...

I have noticed that about every third JDownloader update you make, the problem goes away but then comes back with a new update...

I have a 100 MB download line (I think it's called) and the freezing problem is also there when I just use 50 MB of my download line.

I hope and pray that you can do something about this HUGE problem for me, 'cause I love the app (MANY THANKS!) and want to continue to use it but I can't, not like this...

Please help

A log:

19.08.19 13.22.53 <--> 19.08.19 18.35.45 jdlog://9413286935451/

Thank you!
Old 20.08.2019, 00:35
English Supporter

maybe related to https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=81286 ??

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 20.08.2019, 08:24
Baby Loader

Yeah, I have read that thread but I am very unsure what to do... don't wanna screw things up...

It can't be a JAVA issue, can it? I use primarily Firefox (64-bit) but the 64-bit browser does not support JAVA.

So what can I try to do? Please advise.
Old 20.08.2019, 20:08
Baby Loader

Hmmm...don't know why it says "User feedback required"... I have responded, see above
Old 23.08.2019, 19:01
JD Manager

Can you please provide some more details?
Do you download on HDD/SDD/NetworkDrive/USB2/USB3 ?
Also please provide a screenshot of the about dialog of JDownloader.

Can we do a teamviewer session, so we can check this together? contact us via support@jdownloader.org
Old 25.08.2019, 21:51
Baby Loader

Hi Jiaz.

Thanks for your reply.

I download to an ordinary HDD - not SSD. I am online via a cable from my router. I got a stationary PC, not a laptop.

Here is the screenshot you are asking for:

I must say that I have a feeling that there could be something else wrong... When I download via Firefox it's almost the same problem. I have run scans via my Bitdefender and Adwcleaner but the apps says there's no problems with virus or malware or other stuff. My Win10 is up to date, so is Firefox.

This is a HUGE problem for me and I don't know what to do...other than format C...

Yeah, a a teamviewer session would be welcome I'll write you an e-mail when I get back on Wednesday.
Old 26.08.2019, 17:49
JD Manager

Yes, let's check via Teamviewer. Just contact me via mail support@jdownloader.org
Did you try to remove/uninstall Bitdefender/Adwcleaner? Also try to scan disk for errors and use tools to check smart data of the disk
Old 30.08.2019, 21:33
Baby Loader

Thanks again Jiaz.

Amazing and lovely! Today my downloads does not freeze my PC and I can work 100% fine without any trouble/interruptions! Oh how excellent this is to finally be able to experience that again!

I do not know what has happened...I have not done further to try and fix the problem(s) myself...

My latest log looks like this:

30.08.19 13.55.43 <--> 30.08.19 18.49.47 jdlog://7076286935451/

Don't know how it differs from the old one but something must have happened! If not with JDowloader maybe another app update/or Windows update?

I did do an update of JDownloader - either today or yesterday, can't remember - but I must admit that I have now turned update off for the time being, I simply want to enjoy hassle-free downloads a bit longer! What if I'm back to the problem(s) again with the newest update..?! I don't have the nerve to update it at the moment!

I have NOT removed/uninstalled Bitdefender/Adwcleaner. Don't JDownloader works 100% fine with those apps? I will try and scan for disk errors but I don't think anything is wrong with my disks. Not sure what you mean with : "...use tools to check smart data of the disk". Do you mean I should try and run Chkdsk? On all my disks or just the disk where JDownloader is installed (C drive - on a SSD disk)?

I might get back to you Jiaz - via e-mail - if the problem(s) comes back but fingers crossed that they wont!

Thank you!
Old 02.09.2019, 17:18
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback. Finally good news
mystery/cause still unsolved as there has been no changes on our side
Old 02.09.2019, 17:21
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxxy View Post
I have NOT removed/uninstalled Bitdefender/Adwcleaner. Don't JDownloader works 100% fine with those apps? I will try and scan for disk errors but I don't think anything is wrong with my disks. Not sure what you mean with : "...use tools to check smart data of the disk". Do you mean I should try and run Chkdsk? On all my disks or just the disk where JDownloader is installed (C drive - on a SSD disk)?
Firewall/AV might interfere with network activity/connections and cause issues like broken/incomplete downloads/connections.
You can check the health of your disk with tools that can read the SMART data of your drive. Just google for it, there are many tools that support it.

Quote:
I might get back to you Jiaz - via e-mail - if the problem(s) comes back but fingers crossed that they wont!
Sure!

Quote:
Thank you!
You're welcome! In the end I did not solve your problems but glad to know at least for the moment that they're gone