JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 30.08.2022, 13:49
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav View Post
issue: "Analyse and Add Links" clears the link from the linkgrabber list (current jd version 46605 from yesterday) without any user confirmation
Thanks for the report. Will be fixed with next update (available in few minutes)

Last edited by Jiaz; 30.08.2022 at 14:01.
Old 30.08.2022, 14:10
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuknuckle View Post
(...)since the update, all my videos are now added into a package of their own. (...)
Can confirm that, since the update (thanks for that!) the YT files are no longer combined.
Subfolder rule is off and even if the package manager is completely disabled, it does it anyway.
Old 30.08.2022, 14:11
JD Manager

@m.fessler: can you provide example link and a screenshot ?
what exactly do you mean by *no longer combined*? subtitle/thumbnail...
go to their own package or what exactly happens?

Last edited by Jiaz; 30.08.2022 at 14:15.
Old 30.08.2022, 14:22
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuknuckle View Post
putting each YouTube video in it's own package by itself and I would like JD to stop doing that. Please explain in more detail how I can make JD work like it used to.
But that is intended/default behaviour. How do you add links? one by one or playlists? so you want all links to go where? into various package?
Old 30.08.2022, 15:08
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@m.fessler: can you provide example link and a screenshot ?
what exactly do you mean by *no longer combined*? subtitle/thumbnail...
go to their own package or what exactly happens?
Attached is a screenshot and three example links - but it should affect all.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Attached Thumbnails
jd.jpg  
Old 30.08.2022, 16:58
Junior Loader

Quote:
as they are all re-encodings of original source, I would recommend the format that you prefer. By that I mean do not use ogg if you later convert to m4a.
ok, thank you for the answer
Old 30.08.2022, 17:59
Black Hole

Quote:
But that is intended/default behaviour. How do you add links? one by one or playlists? so you want all links to go where? into various package?
One by one, just right click and copy link to clipboard. **External links are only visible to Support Staff**This is not the default behavior!

Edit:

JD is also doing the same thing for Twitter videos. again, this did not happen before the update.

Last edited by fuknuckle; 30.08.2022 at 19:03. Reason: Added more.
Old 30.08.2022, 18:50
Fibre Channel User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubioserKerl View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubioserKerl

@Jiaz
Don't let impatient people put pressure on you, it's great that you were able to take care of it in a timely manner at all (even if the tests seem to take a bit longer, but that's just how it is sometimes).
This.

JDownloader is free; has been for many years. It's an invaluable workflow assistant and the developers are, apart from generous, unique in how available they are for feedback and concerns. Who else does this? Anybody tried to get a personal answer from one of your app developers lately? A service you subscribe to? I repeat; JDownloader is free and yet it's more dependable than things I pay for. Keep your misplaced sense of entitlement in check if you haven't done so yet.

Thanks, above all else, to the JDownloader team for all the work. This issue with YouTube appears to have been solved, as of now. I can't remember the last time these downloads worked so well; so fast and with the correct file type in place.

Last edited by Super JD; 31.08.2022 at 05:31.
Old 30.08.2022, 20:58
JD Manager

@m.fessler:
@fuknuckle: Thanks for the feedback. I will look into it by tomorrow. sorry for the delay
Old 30.08.2022, 23:05
Baby Loader

many thanks for fixing this issue with today's update. works excellent now
Old 31.08.2022, 04:32
Modem User

I'm also having the issue of each youtube link going into their own subfolder instead of one various folders one since the update.
Old 31.08.2022, 10:28
Baby Loader

How is that "Not all YT links go into a random default package" an issue for people? I think it is better that way, and it fits the "Customized Packagename" option in the YT plugin.
Old 31.08.2022, 16:36
Super Loader

Quote:
@m.fessler:
@fuknuckle: Thanks for the feedback. I will look into it by tomorrow. sorry for the delay
No stress - thanks for the TOP service!

Is this the right place to ask for help with plugin configuration?
Unfortunately, my TV does not support videos that have a higher vertical resolution than 1080px.
This works well with the setting "1080p, 720p, 480p, 360p" under image/video resolution, but not with shorts - they are loaded with 1280px.

Example:

JD downloads it in the resolution 720x1280.
Is there a way to specify the maximum height of a video?
Like e.g. yt-dlp with [height<=1080] - here the video is downloaded with 480x854.

But I'd like that in JD... is this somehow possible?

Thanks and greetings,
Martin
Old 01.09.2022, 23:33
Fibre Channel User

Question Weird things happening again ...

TL;DR below!

On August 18th, like most people showing up here, I was hit by the throttle and - at the time of #4979 being the latest post - went on writing a big ass long reply reporting/confirming the issue, answering some questions and asking some myself ... only to then realize shortly before sending it that in the meantime @Leifman had written almost the exact same things word for word so I scrapped the whole thing to not be mistaken as an alt account of theirs and read along silently ever since.

On August 29th (!) late afternoon, I noticed youtube dl speeds were back to normal again out of nowhere (almost, peculiarly I had one single yt video downloading at max speed a couple of days before) and that without me updating JDownloader. So I assumed google had simply lifted the throttle, just like they did last time at some point. Quickly double-checking the JD About, I was still on build #46316 of June 26th. So I checked the plugin timestamps, since I read somewhere that - other than the core - it's possible to force plugin updates silently in the background, but the newest YoutubeDashV2*.class files were still dated June 10th. To me all of that looked like the throttle had coincidentally been lifted around the same time the update was released which, again, I had not manually installed via restart and as far as I could tell also weren't installed automatically without restart either. And this time I did make screenshots for proof ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDmurphy View Post
Then this remains to be weird, since as said I'm sure all my video files were downloaded in chunks until at least mid/late May (while having a keen eye on it but sadly no proof) despite daily JD updates
... so that this doesn't happen again

Anyways, here's my question:

TL;DR

Is it possible that the relevant changes to restore full yt dl speed were applied
a) while JD2 was running - which means 24/7 with no restarts
b) without updating the core - which had been mentioned repeatedly to be necessary
c) without updating the youtube plugin - which I assume are the YoutubeDashV2*.class files
...?

I'm curious to know for technical reasons and also for future reference to be able to tell what's going on.

P.S.: Anyone else observing yt dl speeds going back to normal while JD2 was running continuously without any updates happening?
Old 02.09.2022, 11:23
JD Manager

Quote:
since I read somewhere that - other than the core - it's possible to force plugin updates silently in the background,
Wrong wording on "force plugin updates". They are not forced but normal plugin updates can be downloaded/installed/applied in background/without restart if there is no pending core update waiting for installation. See https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...pdate-behavior

Quote:
Is it possible that the relevant changes to restore full yt dl speed were applied
a) while JD2 was running - which means 24/7 with no restarts
Answer: No, because the required change to make the broken function work again is part of the core and therefore restart is required
b) without updating the core - which had been mentioned repeatedly to be necessary
Answer: No, because the required change to make the broken function work again is part of the core and therefore restart is required
c) without updating the youtube plugin - which I assume are the YoutubeDashV2*.class files
Answer: Yes, because the fixed function is not part of the plugin but part of the core
See my answers in text

Quote:
On August 29th (!) late afternoon
Updates has been released on August 29 15:30 o'clock german time.

Quote:
I'm curious to know for technical reasons and also for future reference to be able to tell what's going on.
There are several version of *player js* and when speed was low a new version got deployed that incorporates
current date and also required error handling support. this broke our plugin and therefore speed was low. but it is one player
out of many, so either the js (depending on the date) behaved differently and did not break or a new player
has been deployed or the the video was using a different/working player.

Last edited by Jiaz; 02.09.2022 at 11:29.
Old 02.09.2022, 11:24
JD Manager

@m.fessler: Settings->Plugins->youtube.com, there you can customize plugin to your own needs, eg disable unwanted resolutions.
Old 02.09.2022, 12:37
Super Loader

Quote:
@m.fessler: Settings->Plugins->youtube.com, there you can customize plugin to your own needs, eg disable unwanted resolutions.
Yes, I selected there 1080p as the highest resolution (under "Allowed media types").
But when I add the link, vertical videos were added as 1280p into the link collector.
Am I doing something wrong?
Old 02.09.2022, 12:46
JD Manager

@m.fessler: thanks, will check it
Update:
Quote:
this way doesn't play nicely as you don't specify the max but only tell JDownloader in what groups you are interested in. Please use Settings->Advanced Settings->Youtube.maxvideoresolution after next core update to limit your max resolution

Last edited by Jiaz; 02.09.2022 at 15:35.
Old 03.09.2022, 10:34
Baby Loader

https://i.imgur.com/5uOP1Mo.png
the speed issue seems to be back unfortunately
Old 03.09.2022, 10:36
Baby Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by markifi View Post
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
the speed issue seems to be back unfortunately
yep, same for me.
Old 03.09.2022, 10:51
Wind Gust

Yup, back to 70KB/s again ����
Old 03.09.2022, 12:13
DSL Light User

Is this a case of YouTube being on the ball and forcing out another update or is this a JDownloader specific issue?
Old 03.09.2022, 12:53
Junior Loader

And today... the youtube limits are back, with a vengeance!

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...

(the only personal information the image contains is the names of my volumes and folders, which I couldn't give more of a damn about... so don't delete the links from this post for that reason like last time, thank you!)

EDIT: PS: I always download only one video from youtube at a time, but due to this limitation I have to force multiple ones (overriding my rules). Just saying, because I heard that people downloading multiple youtube videos en masse with JDownloader is the very reason Youtube is now limiting the speeds...

Last edited by Templayer; 03.09.2022 at 12:56.
Old 03.09.2022, 13:00
Black Hole

as others are reporting...

slow speed. I am only downloading one video at the time I am reporting but since others are mentioning, I have no doubt it is widespread.

as for the issue of each video being put into it's own package, I thought it might have something to do with the "Customized Packagename" feature in the plugin options. thinking that was new because I never noticed it before, I loaded JD from a backup before the update to see if it had it there before and it was. so why now is JD putting all my YT videos in their own separate package after the update when it never did that before???

so in the updated JD I tried leaving that field blank but it defaults to VIDEO_NAME even though it is empty. I tried entering "Various Files" but it just creates a new Various Files package rather than use the existing and I tried entering "null" but that just creates a package called null....

at first it was annoying but now it is starting to aggravate me and the fact that it is also effecting twitter videos for which the twitter plugin doesn't even have that option... idk.... I do not want to use that feature. I want it disabled. I want all my YT and twitter videos to go into the existing Various Files package where they have always gone and where they belong.

anyways, please @Jiaz and team if you could kindly fix the speed issue once again and fix the package placement issue, it would be much appreciated.
Old 03.09.2022, 15:07
Modem User

Hi,

Yes I confirm, Youtube is again limited to 50kb/s on average.
Old 03.09.2022, 16:47
Modem User

Quote:
@thorsten: siehe
Siehe **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
Tja...nach einem Update gings tatsächlich wieder gewohnt schnell aber offensichtlich, ich spekuliere jetzt mal, hat Youtube es wieder geändert denn jetzt auf einmal läuft es wieder langsam. 9 Minuten für ein 40 MB Großes Video. Ich nehme mal an wenn es so schnell wieder außer Kraft gesetzt wurde von Youtube werdet ihr euch bestimmt nicht nochmal die Mühe machen das wieder rückgängig zu machen wenns nur ein paar Tage hält oder?
Old 03.09.2022, 17:11
Community Manager

Bitte abwarten das Problem ist bekannt und wir bieten am Wochenende idR. keinen Support.

We are aware of the issue and it will be worked on next week.
We're usually not providing support over the weekend...

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 03.09.2022, 19:07
Fibre Channel User

Quote:
Wrong wording on "force plugin updates". They are not forced but normal plugin updates can be downloaded/installed/applied in background/without restart if there is no pending core update waiting for installation.
The wording "normal plugin updates can be downloaded/installed/applied" sounds like a manual user action, while "small plugin updates are sometimes auto-installed in the background without any notification" is strikingly similar to "it's possible to force plugin updates silently in the background" except "forced" wasn't meant as in "required before the user is allowed to continue" but as in "pushed without any user interaction/notification". Sorry for that sloppiness

Quote:
See **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
Turns out my wording was so similar because that's exactly the page where I read the info

BTT ...

Quote:
See my answers in text
Summarizing:

1. the fix is part of the core
2. updating the core requires a restart
3. the fix wasn't part of the youtube plugin so it needed no update

1. & 2. are the parts that I already knew, hence I wrote:
Quote:
On August 29th (!) late afternoon, I noticed youtube dl speeds were back to normal again out of nowhere (...) and that without me updating JDownloader. So I assumed google had simply lifted the throttle, just like they did last time at some point.
... and this seems to be what apparently happened, because:
Quote:
I was still on build #46316 of June 26th.
... which means since August 29 youtube video download speeds were back to normal = unthrottled even when still using the old, unchanged build.

Here's one of the abovementioned screenshots from September 1 (maxed-out 50 Mbit/s line) for proof, before installing the update:

Quote:
Updates has been released on August 29 15:30 o'clock german time.
That's why I put a "(!)" in "On August 29th (!) late afternoon, I noticed youtube dl speeds were back to normal (...) without me updating JDownloader" to point out the coincidentiality/simultaneity

Thanks for this reply:

Quote:
There are several version of *player js* and when speed was low a new version got deployed that incorporates current date and also required error handling support. this broke our plugin and therefore speed was low. but it is one player out of many, so either the js (depending on the date) behaved differently and did not break or a new player has been deployed or the the video was using a different/working player.
Due to lack of specific knowledge I stumbled over "this broke our plugin" tho, since you said earlier "the fixed function is not part of the plugin".
Are you still referring to the youtube plugin, or another one? Or do I have to read it as:
"Due to changes in the player.js library the JD youtube plugin wasn't working properly, and a core function had to be fixed to make the plugin work again while fixing the plugin itself wasn't required."
?

Please just ignore that whole section/question entirely if it's beyond the scope of this thread. The main point was to demonstrate how youtube video download speeds were back to normal again (for me and probably others) around the same time the update was released without installing that update.
Old 03.09.2022, 23:20
JD Fan

the slow speed returned today(September 3).. :(

I made absolutely no modifications to my JDownloader2 settings.
Old 04.09.2022, 00:50
I will play nice!

Default YouTube Rules again...

Hi all.

First, thanks all developer to try to "fight" YouTube slow download.
Today, 2020-09-03 YouTube win again 700kbps and this week earlier, JDownload s able to download at 20mbps or more.

More people have money, like YouTube (Google > Alphabet) for example, more they hate to share. Even for rich share is criminal but stealing from others is completely fine. It is all same the rich who create the laws thanks to their puppets, the little rich, the politicians.

If I win the lottery, sure, JDownload will receive some money from me.
However, the probability that happen is like to meet an honest politician, so 0.00000000000000000000000001%.

Thanks anyway and hope to see a new update soon.
Old 04.09.2022, 08:37
Giga Loader

I just downloaded a video with yt-dlp at my full speed. Their last update was 2022-09-01. Although JD did not slowdown until 09-03, it seems like the yt-dlp team somehow caught the problem early.

I had downloaded only 2 YT videos with JD on 09-01, and 5 YT videos with JD on 09-02, and all 7 of them, as far as I remember, had downloaded at my highest possible speed. Now, my current speed with JD when downloading a YT video was 70-80 KBps.
Old 04.09.2022, 10:55
JD Manager

@All: Found the cause/change and we're looking for a solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldensun87 View Post
I just downloaded a video with yt-dlp at my full speed. Their last update was 2022-09-01. Although JD did not slowdown until 09-03, it seems like the yt-dlp team somehow caught the problem early.
Issue is caused by changed js script that js parser of JDownloader fails to execute.
Old 04.09.2022, 11:44
JD Manager

@JDmurphy:
Quote:
The wording "normal plugin updates can be downloaded/installed/applied" sounds like a manual user action, while "small plugin updates are sometimes auto-installed in the background without any notification" is strikingly similar to "it's possible to force plugin updates silently in the background" except "forced" wasn't meant as in "required before the user is allowed to continue" but as in "pushed without any user interaction/notification". Sorry for that sloppiness
I just want to make clear that we don't force them. They are normal updates that just don't require a restart and can be installed/applied in background so JDownloader can directly make use of fixed/new plugins. The only difference to core updates is that core updates do require a JDownloader restart but technically they are the same.
Plugins can be updated that way because the plugin system is able to load/exchange plugins without a java restart being required.
Quote:
but as in "pushed without any user interaction/notification"
If user does not prefer this to happen,then update settings can be customized, see Settings->Advanced Settings->UpdateSettings
Quote:
Due to lack of specific knowledge I stumbled over "this broke our plugin" tho, since you said earlier "the fixed function is not part of the plugin".
Are you still referring to the youtube plugin
The bugfix was outside of the plugin, within another part of JDownloader. But without this fix, the plugin was/is broken in meaning of not working as wished.
Quote:
The main point was to demonstrate how youtube video download speeds were back to normal again (for me and probably others) around the same time the update was released without installing that update.
Most likely because they were rolling out new player around the same day.
Old 04.09.2022, 12:05
JD Manager

Quote:
@All: Found the cause/change and we're looking for a solution
Issue is caused by changed js script that js parser of JDownloader fails to execute.
@All: please wait for next core update
Old 04.09.2022, 12:16
Black Hole

Quote:
@All: please wait for next core update
Excellent!

but what about the other issue?

https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...postcount=5128
Old 04.09.2022, 12:19
JD Manager

@fuknuckle: the packagizer issue is still in progress, sorry :(
Old 04.09.2022, 13:42
Tornado

Amazing how YouTube is in a war against download !

They want so much to get "clic" on their website !

And in the same time, we are talking about energy and how to save it.

Thank you JD team for all the job you provide for our happiness !
Old 04.09.2022, 13:50
Vacuum Cleaner

at least they're not as hostile as tiktok but yea it appears the end is near
Old 04.09.2022, 13:53
JD Manager

Update will be available within next minutes
Old 04.09.2022, 14:13
Gregory

Funktioniert ja immer noch nicht das der JD die Gesamte Liste mit nimmt, wird das mal irgend wann was ?