JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25.11.2023, 10:10
Giga Loader

Default JD downloads from Drop.download on Win7 Pro but blocked by Ddos-Guard on Win11 Home

I'm setting up a new laptop and did a fresh install of JD.

On a desktop PC running WIn7 Pro, JD has no problem downloading from DropA (drop.download).

On the laptop running Win11 Home with the same drop.download link, JD reports that it's blocked by Ddos-Guard.

Firefox on both Win7 and Win11 processes the download link by displaying a captcha. Solving the captcha then brings up another drop.download server specific link.

I clipped and pasted that new link into JD on Win11. JD is able to download the file from drop.download on the laptop.

The desktop PC is connected by ethernet to a router. The laptop connects to the router by WiFi.

Both the desktop PC and the laptop are using the identical HOSTS file.

Windows Defender has been disabled on Win7. I disabled the Domain, Private and Public profiles on Windows Firewall on Win11 on the laptop.

I can get JD to work on Win11, but the difference between how JD behaves on Win7 vs Win11 is puzzling.

Any idea about what the problem might be?

Is there a setting in JD or Windows Firewall that that has be adjusted on Win11 so that JD can process the original drop.download links?

Below are the links I used to test JD on the laptop.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**