JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 20.11.2022, 12:05
JD Addict

Question JD freezes while updating

Hello.

Just in short, I have no VPN active, no proxies etc...
Using standard Internet connection.

JD says it is an update to be downloaded, so I clicked it and it is downloading.... and downloading... and os on... waiting for the end of life : )

It just lasts forever...
Scr: **External links are only visible to Support Staff**

The progress is moving about 0,05% or sometimes 0,15%.. or sometimes just does not move.

I did generate to LOG, but from what I see someting changed, because there is no LOG ID info window, so Ive just uploaded it using the upload button here: **External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Can You please write me, why am I having issues with updating JD ?
On my laptop there is generally no problem.
On my PC there was always a problem with this.
Do I have to use some specific options in JD ?
Or is there something blocking me from updates ?

Does log show something important ?
Old 21.11.2022, 18:47
Community Manager

Please create a backup from your JDownloader directory and send it to support@jdownloader.org as a .zip file so we can investigate this.

Please try to follow this guide to try to fix your installation.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 24.11.2022, 13:40
JD Manager

@elvis_ef: any feedback? have you tried https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...r-installation ?
Old 25.11.2022, 18:53
JD Addict

Unhappy

Quote:
@elvis_ef: any feedback? have you tried **External links are only visible to Support Staff**... ?
Not really.

If I start JD after the instructions You've sent me, JD starts updating itself I think, but.. the progress bar moves up to about 10 % and then stops, saying that there is a transfer speed 170MB - really fast... yeah... and currently 0,00kB/s.

Weird... same on my PC and laptop as well.

On my PC I managerd to update it somehow, but hmm... something must have changed, or some ports are open for other applications (without VPN active of course), that make JD fail to download any updates.

I need to wait all day long till update ends, cause it theoretically moves the progress about 0,25%... unknown time.. sometimes faster, sometimes not...

Just like there was an issue with updating something.
Some time ago as I remember correctly, there was something with FFMPEG link to fix... but Ive fix it already... mhm, can this be a problem again ?

And if I try to skip JD update, JD shows me en error.

Screens:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 25.11.2022, 21:54
JD Manager

@elvis_ef: Please try again but before starting JDownloader.jar, please delete the logs folder and after failing again, please zip the logs folder and send to jiaz@jdownloader.org
Old 25.11.2022, 21:56
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis_ef View Post
the progress bar moves up to about 10 % and then stops, saying that there is a transfer speed 170MB - really fast... yeah... and currently 0,00kB/s.

Weird... same on my PC and laptop as well.

On my PC I managerd to update it somehow, but hmm... something must have changed, or some ports are open for other applications (without VPN active of course), that make JD fail to download any updates.
Nothing has changed and no ports are required. From your text it heavily sounds like firewall/av issue because the super high download speed may be result of firewall/av intercepting the download and then serve the file at once at local speed to JDownloader. and then something unknown happens. I need log to tell you more about it. When it happens on different systems of yours, try to find what they have in common.
Old 26.11.2022, 00:53
JD Addict

Exclamation

Quote:
Nothing has changed and no ports are required. From your text it heavily sounds like firewall/av issue because the super high download speed may be result of firewall/av intercepting the download and then serve the file at once at local speed to JDownloader. and then something unknown happens. I need log to tell you more about it. When it happens on different systems of yours, try to find what they have in common.
Alright, thanks for the hints.
Generally after I've removed Core.jar, JD wanted firstly to update itself.
As it did not update due to problems with connection, it could not start.
So after clicking "skip" during the update, JD showed error and destroyed (closed) itself.

Anyway, Ive managed to find out if the firewall is not blocking it.
And... generally it is not.
Ive checked all available settings in my Vipre FW, but there were no rules to block JD, nor Java updates. Even ffmpeg were not blocked at all.

But.. If I closed Vipre completely, the update magically started to work !
Yes... but it was just a workaround, as I did not know yet what had caused the problem.

So I tried to disable FW only in settings, not closing the whole app.
And.. it did not work ! So this was not a FW issue.

But there is an option called "Web Filtering" and it always enabled.
I have never had issues with this.
But from what I see, it has to do with something JD does not accept, or in opposite, JD wants to use some things that this setting in Vipre is not acceptable.

The "Web Filtering" itself has no rules set to block Cookies, VB scripts, JS scripts etc.. I did not enable it because Ive had problems on many pages some time ago. Bettr I want to use some browser extensions to block those while browsing.

But in the setting I am talking about, there is a list - a veeeeeeery long list, of addresses that need to be filtered. So maybe there is an address there which is blocked with this filter.

The list is located under the paragraph called "Advertisements".
Some screenshots attached:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff** **External links are only visible to Support Staff**

**External links are only visible to Support Staff** **External links are only visible to Support Staff**

**External links are only visible to Support Staff** **External links are only visible to Support Staff** **External links are only visible to Support Staff**

I am just wondering, as always, which one (on the list) is the culprit, which address can cause such a problem with updates. Because I cannot disable firewall everytime JD wants to update.

Last edited by elvis_ef; 26.11.2022 at 00:55.
Old 26.11.2022, 16:58
JD Manager

@elvis_ef: Thanks for the feedback. Still no logs but at least we found the culprit.
No changes from JDownloader side. Updates are still the same and no changes in server infrastructure. You don't have to disable the firewall just properly set it up. This IP is part of our update CDN and there are several other IPs. Either you find a way to add JDownloader2.exe to sort of exclude/white list or have to manually add those IPs/servers to *Take the 'allow' action to the future* by letting vipre create a rule for this.
My guess is that the web-filtering filters anything that you have not allowed/whitelisted before

I will setup a knowledge base article by next week that will list all our update/JDownloader IPs so you can manually add those to firewall.

Last edited by Jiaz; 26.11.2022 at 17:07.
Old 26.11.2022, 19:46
JD Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:
@elvis_ef: Thanks for the feedback. Still no logs but at least we found the culprit.
No changes from JDownloader side. Updates are still the same and no changes in server infrastructure. You don't have to disable the firewall just properly set it up. This IP is part of our update CDN and there are several other IPs. Either you find a way to add JDownloader2.exe to sort of exclude/white list or have to manually add those IPs/servers to *Take the 'allow' action to the future* by letting vipre create a rule for this.
My guess is that the web-filtering filters anything that you have not allowed/whitelisted before

I will setup a knowledge base article by next week that will list all our update/JDownloader IPs so you can manually add those to firewall.
Anyway, I've sent You some logs from yesterday.
Maybe You''ll find something important there.

As far as I see in one of log files, there is a link that returns 400 Bad Request, but I don't know if it makes any sense..

On the next screenshot You see the list of all rules (addresses to filter) delivered with definitions in Vipre files (with updates I suppose).

While Im using the scrollbar, it moves very slow, and tehre is a very long list of these links. I dont know if I can export the list, but I did not find any option for this. This would help You to analyse, which links are the ones that Vipre blocks.

Old 26.11.2022, 22:17
JD Manager

Thanks. The 400 Bad Request is just fine. The update client just probing the server if a feature is supported and because it isn't, the server responds with 400 Bad Request.
Thanks for the log but it does not contain any update issue nor any installation of an update. I need the logs for when it fails, so please close JDownloader. Delete the logs and tmp and update folder, also delete Core.jar and start JDownloader again, wait for error, then zip logs folder and send it to me.
I don't think that the list is the cause of issues. You screenshots show that JDownloader can download the update at ultra high speed (cached/buffered by firewall/av) but then something fails. If vipre would be blocking it, there would be no downloaded update in first place. So please try to create a log that contains the issue, then we can check it.

Last edited by Jiaz; 26.11.2022 at 22:23.
Old 27.11.2022, 20:22
JD Addict

Exclamation

Quote:
Thanks. The 400 Bad Request is just fine. The update client just probing the server if a feature is supported and because it isn't, the server responds with 400 Bad Request.
Thanks for the log but it does not contain any update issue nor any installation of an update. I need the logs for when it fails, so please close JDownloader. Delete the logs and tmp and update folder, also delete Core.jar and start JDownloader again, wait for error, then zip logs folder and send it to me.
I don't think that the list is the cause of issues. You screenshots show that JDownloader can download the update at ultra high speed (cached/buffered by firewall/av) but then something fails. If vipre would be blocking it, there would be no downloaded update in first place. So please try to create a log that contains the issue, then we can check it.
Alright, fresh logs sent.
JD will not show an error in it's own.
It only shows error if I click "skip" while update is in progress, so I did.
The error has shown it's face and JD closed itself.

Ive tested twice closing Vipre and each time the update progress moved far far ahead.
Old 30.11.2022, 20:16
JD Manager

Thanks for the log. I can clearly see that Vipre blocks the download
Quote:
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
Keep local File (FileSize: 10031|PackageSize:4211824)
Keep local File (FileSize: 20031|PackageSize:4211824)
You can check for yourself, look for "Read timed out" in UpdateManager.log.0 file.

It pass through about 10kbyte and then stalls, no longer provides any data to read and then the connection fails after read timeout occurs.
My guess is that Vipre tries to scan/process the connection and either fails (due to update/bug...) or false positive and just blocks it.

Did you try to remove/uninstall and install Vipre again? have you tried to add JDownloader or its IP to sort of white/exclude list?