JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13.05.2012, 16:25
Black Hole

Default Couple of Issues

Using the Mac version.

• Linkgrabber not doing anything with Apple Trailer links that worked with previous versions.

• Toolbar icon in system menubar when clicked drops down the menu, but it goes away after 3 seconds. Should stick indefinitely or go away when scrolled away from.

• In Linkgrabber, when an item is right-clicked, the menu has an "Open in Browser" link but when doing the same in Downloads, no link is available. Useful when a plugin is not working.

• Is there a way to only clear completed items from the Downloads list? Used to be a toolbar icon, but I see the Customize Toolbar option has not yet been added.

Last edited by raztoki; 24.05.2012 at 11:40.
Old 13.05.2012, 16:48
Black Hole

• Package Progress bar doesn't increment when a link is downloading within it when there are other non-downloading mirror links.
Old 14.05.2012, 12:42
JD Manager

1.) linkgrabber, apple -> will be fixed with next update
2.) what toolbar icon? if you mean trayicon..mouse must be within the opened popup or it will autoclose
3.) select link, ctrl+c (copy) and paste in browser (not always possible)
3.1.) rightclick, properties, show urls
3.2.) we will add open in browser again
4.) will come back, still unfinished
5.) possible to give example links?
Old 14.05.2012, 13:33
English Supporter

4) select 'successful downloads' from the bottom toolbar button with 'all downloads, running downloads, fail downloads' && ctrl + a && delete

until the other menus and link cleaning options come back

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 14.05.2012 at 13:36.
Old 14.05.2012, 21:57
Black Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
2.) what toolbar icon? if you mean trayicon..mouse must be within the opened popup or it will autoclose

If the trayicon is the icon that appears at the upper left of my screen next to all my other icons and Day/Time / Spotlight, then yes that icon.

It works if I click it with JD as the active app.

If I'm in another app and click it, the menu drops down and none of the items highlight even though I'm rolling over them and even though I'm within the menu it auto-closes. I have to click within the menu itself to bring it forward so it works like when JD is the active app.

Quote:
3.) select link, ctrl+c (copy) and paste in browser (not always possible)
3.1.) rightclick, properties, show urls
3.2.) we will add open in browser again
Confirmed that works with Command-C, just a little hidden away without seeing a menu and the indicator next to it of a current hotkey. Yeah, I found 3.1 on my own, but it was a bit awkward to get to and use, so good to see 3.2 will bring it back.
Old 14.05.2012, 22:05
Black Hole

Quote:
5.) possible to give example links?
Looks like it might require specific circumstances I just tried again and it worked as expected.

I do recall that when I was having the problem not all of the non-downloading mirrors auto-disabled like they should.

I even had a different download the other day where 2 mirrors started downloading the exact same filename within the same package which I don't think should happen normally. I just stopped the 2nd download and the 1st one finished fine.

Another issue I've had with this and previous versions is if mirrors are disabled but the selected mirror fails it doesn't auto-re-enable the other mirrors to try to switch to them since the original mirror is broken. That'd be a nice feature.
Old 16.05.2012, 16:04
Black Hole

Here's a clarification of 2 mirrors downloading the exact same filename within the same package...

If you start a package that has multiple mirrors and let's say the chosen mirror has problems, so you re-arrange the mirrors so another one will go first and reset the package, it'll reset but when I do this at least 2 of the mirrors will start downloading at the same time. There's only one file in the Finder that I see so I'm not sure if both mirrors are actually writing to the same file or not. For testing you should just be able to reset the package without needing a problem mirror or re-arranging the mirrors. Just reset right after it starts itself.

To test, try a link from here:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 16.05.2012, 22:02
Black Hole

I don't have any auto-minimize options active as far as I can tell, but when my downloads complete, it seems to auto-minimize the window to the dock. Is there a way to disable that functionality?
Old 16.05.2012, 22:05
Black Hole

Is the Aqua native template option coming back? It's the only where the captcha window actually appears above other apps windows whereas the current default template only bounces the dock icon, but you have to switch to JD to see what it wants.
Old 18.05.2012, 12:12
English Supporter

Another couple of issues:
- Sorting, any kind.
- Disk free space left is incorrect.
Old 18.05.2012, 12:21
JD Manager

@kdean: apple, yes..when lookandfeel selection is back
@tony2long:
-sorting, what does not work?
-disk free? what does not work? what os?
Old 18.05.2012, 13:30
English Supporter

For sorting:
- Auto sorting (when links are grabbed) not perfect, some are out of order.
- After sorting filename, then sort other column (example: hoster), filename within same hoster become out of order. => Just tried, seems fixed already.

For disk free space, for example, there is still 600 MB free space, download 250 MB is not possible, the message is insufficient space. OS: Win XP SP3.
Old 18.05.2012, 14:24
JD Manager

For autosorting issue: can you give example links or screenshots?
for DiskFree: check your minimum disk free(advanced settings, ForcedFreeSpaceOnDisk) the default is 500mb extra space to keep free
so 500+250 > 600 free -> do not download
Old 18.05.2012, 16:16
English Supporter

For auto sorting test (package):
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

For free space, thanks, I'll test it. I wonder what else should we customize there.
Attached Thumbnails
JD auto sorting issue.jpg  
Old 18.05.2012, 16:20
JD Manager

the screenshot does not show the wrong sorting, please note that autosorting is only done within packages and only as long as you do not start changing packages structure (move/dragdrop/merge)...
Old 18.05.2012, 17:48
English Supporter

It was messy a few days ago, one incorrect a few hours ago, now I can't reproduce.
Case close then. Thanks.
Old 19.05.2012, 09:15
JD English Support (inactive)

Sorry this is so long, but it is mostly initial reactions. This is the first time I have loaded more than one link at a time into the Beta.

Environment: Windows 6.1.0.1 (seven sp 1, with all Microsoft updates except Bing desktop). Java 6u30 (6u31 did not work properly for me with Nightly).
Antivirus and firewall totally open for Java (MS Security Essentials and Comodo firewall).
JD beta version (just updated at the beginning of this session): Core=16632

1) Sorting by Availability does not always sort numerically. It sorts 1/1, 10/10, 2/2 ... This might be true of other numeric columns.

2) Sorting by Progress (high to low) puts 100% at the bottom. This seems to alternate (every 4 clicks on heading).

3) I am confused by the "Active Task" column. One package with 2 links downloading (2 hosts) is marked as "Running". Another with only 1 link downloading is not.

4) Putting the movement arrows (when activated in the Advanced Options) on the bottom is a surprise. It is fine, but the arrows do not appear in LinkGrabber (where I really need them).

5) The incomplete archive warning dialogue when transferring packages from LinkGrabber to Downloads is an important improvement. However, it would really help to have a way to transfer only "legal" or "complete" packages (perhaps a button in the dialogue). This became a problem, because I was trying to transfer my links from Nightly to Beta (very large links list, about 19K links).

6) Please do not use "File already exists" for mirrors.
a) The file does not exist, a temporary file exists.
b) "File being downloaded from xxxxxxx" would be much better. Even "Mirror downloading" would be better. This would also make it clear that a failure in the current download would re-enable the mirrors.
c) The Progress column should show 0% for mirrors that are not actually downloaded (or downloading).

7) Hosts (not "Hosters" in English) are only indicated by Favicons, not by names. The name should appear, at least if there is only one host to list. The actual host names are shown in the ToolTip, so I know JD has them.

8) Return of the "Do not start new downloads" toggle (icon) would be high on my priority list.
a) The "Stop after this download" does not make sense to me (if that download ends first, then all other downloads would terminate). It only makes sense if all other downloads are resumable.
b) A "Stop all resumable downloads" command would be a "nice to have" (maybe in a menu or context menu of "Do not start new Downloads").

9) I would remove several columns from the default for Downloads. This is especially true of Comment and Save to.
a) The maximum width for the Name column is too small for my downloads. Maybe 50% of the width.
b) A ToolTip should appear for every column, including Name.

10) Bug: When a package is "Finished" then the "Remaining" column must be 0. Instead, in a multi-part archive, it appears to be the size of the last archive portion to be downloaded). Please see the screen dump.
a) 19-05-2010: Mirrors of completed downloads (or extracts) should not be marked as if those links were completed. It would be better to have the Active Task, Bytes Left and Bytes Loaded correct, but mark the files that were not downloaded as "Mirror" in the Active Task column. Columns like Bytes Left, Bytes Loaded, and progress would not be changed from their original values. The package would show "Finished", Bytes Left=0, Bytes Loaded=(total loaded), and Progress as 100%.

11) I implore you to change the column sorting for packages to a context menu command and remove the "Click on tab to sort" feature. I realize that this means capturing the Click on Tab for the base Grid structure in order to disable the sort feature.

12) Opinion regarding the discussion above. Once a user has clicked on the name of a menu or opened a context menu, the menu should stay open until the user clicks on a command or outside the menu.
a) Menu auto-open (hover xx ms to open) should be an option.
b) When auto-open is enabled, the menu should stay open until the pointer is moved outside the menu (no auto-close after yy ms).

13) Opinion regarding the discussion above. At least in Windows, finding a good number to use for minimum available disk space is very difficult. 512 MB is reasonable for most systems, but the message is probably confusing.
a) One solution is to require that the available space be 3 times the size of the file being downloaded if it is an archive and twice if it is a file JD just saves.
b) The default (WinNT and later) is to assign around 10% of the total disk space each to Disk Log/System Restore, Recycle Bin, and MFT expansion. There are various ways to change these (some are tricks, some are system settings). Most programs will not work when all that is left is the MFT expansion (NTFS reserve) space.
c) The normal advice is to warn the user when available disk space goes below 10% (ignoring whether the Recycle Bin is empty or whether System Restore is enabled on the partition that is being downloaded into).
__________________ 19.05.2012 __________________

14) If all of the links in a package are in Host Wait Time (New Icon is nice) and none of the links are off-line, then the Availability column should show Wait Time (or Host Wait Time if it fits). Showing 0/1 because the link is in wait is confusing.

15) I had archives that would not extract, because I had not filled-in the Password List in the options. The status showed as a red check mark, but there was no explanation. The mirror links are enabled, so that JD can try to download a working copy (which is the correct response).
a) From the behaviour and the results of "Validate Archive" it appears that the extraction failure is blamed on a missing part, not a missing password. The actual error is not displayed anywhere (except perhaps in the log). JD should retry extraction when the user requests (in the Archive context menu), but it does not.

16) I think we will need to show Problems somewhere (either on the Status line, a status panel, as an additional line when a package is opened, or a line when the context menu is opened). See (15).

17) I set a maximum download speed of 80KB/s to avoid exceeding my ISP's monthly bandwidth limit. When I tried the Pause toggle, it slowed to 10KB/s (as it should). When I turned off Pause, it reset the maximum download speed to 0 (unlimited) instead of returning it to 80.

18) An incomplete archive (missing volumes) can never be "Finished". It is "Downloaded", but it is not finished until it is extracted successfully.

For some issues, I am in Wait and See mode. Some of the system is not yet in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Remaining.jpg  

Last edited by drbits; 20.05.2012 at 03:55.
Old 21.05.2012, 00:57
Black Hole

Just had a password request window appear for an archive extraction even though the password was entered when the iinks were added and the password was listed next to each segment in the Download Password column.

Shouldn't it have auto-extracted without further input?
Old 23.05.2012, 18:56
Black Hole

Further info on my minimize to dock issue. It's not necessarily tied to downloads finishing. JD was just sitting there idle and at some point in the background it just decided to minimize to the dock all on it's own. I have the Light tray section disabled (assuming that's the non-mac equivalent name). Can we make sure that no auto-minimizing happens unless a preference specifies it.
Old 23.05.2012, 19:51
JD Manager

I guess your JDownloader did auto-update and restarted itself. Then JD will be minimized.
@kdean: try again the pw stuff, there was a bug that passwords >28 chars did not work, maybe that was the case for you?