JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23.02.2014, 22:52
ztob

Unhappy How can I stop captcha flood in link grabber?

Using control-U, I pasted a bunch of links, copied from a text editor. Some of those presumably use safelinking.net, and the captchas which appear are (A) mostly beyond my solving ability, and (B) incredibly numerous. The dialog boxes are modal, so they stop you from interacting with the JDownloader program. I eventually figured out that I could at least get back to my web browser (to enter this issue) by leaning on the Enter key and simultaneously clicking the minimize "-" for JDownloader. That moves the captcha box to the lower-right corner of the screen, allowing me to use other programs in the remaining screen space so long as I cancel the countdown in the captcha box.

So my computer's not 100% unusable right now, but this problem is nonetheless VERY annoying.

How, short of killing javaw.exe (which terminates all active downloads) do I make it stop popping up zillions of captcha requests?

I tried leaning on Enter (so it enters a blank captcha about 5-10 times per second) for about 15 minutes. They keep coming. I tried banging really fast with two fingers on the left mouse key over the "Cancel" button for a few minutes (why doesn't it accept the Esc key for that?). They keep coming. I tried running through the various menus and buttons in JDownloader while leaning on the Enter key. Maybe it's because I'm thick in the head, but I couldn't find anything that looked like it would cancel the link-grabber operation, or disable the safelinking.net site, or cancel all captcha pop-ups, or anything like that.

If you need a specific link that causes the problem, let me know. I can't do anything about that until I kill and restart JDownloader, and I won't do that until my current downloads finish, but then I could try to narrow it down to some specific link that causes the problem.
Old 23.02.2014, 23:01
Community Manager

Hi
In the JDownloader 2 BETA you can easily cancel all captcha windows with 1-2 clicks which is unfortunately not possible in JD1.

Also the masses of captchas are probably no bugs.
If you add a lot of links which will require captchas, of course JD will ask you for a lot of captchas

GreeZ psp
EDIT

...but if you really think that there is a bug, please post these links here so I can check/fix this...

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 24.02.2014, 19:31
ztob

Smile Beta fixes it

Thank you, pspzockerscene. The beta fixes it.

I installed the beta, and tried grabbing links from one of the problem URLs. When a captcha appeared, I selected the option to continue without presenting further captchas. That worked nicely.
Old 25.02.2014, 17:21
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback, closed!

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Closed Thread