JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 28.08.2017, 08:05
Tornado

Default Erratic "Clean Downloadlist" Button Behavior

While trying to delete links from either the "Downloads" or the "LinkGrabber" sections, I noted that sometimes clicking in the "Clean Downloadlist" button will take no effect at all. In such circumstances, links will be deleted only after I switch between the aforementioned sections a few times.

As shown here:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Thanks.
Old 28.08.2017, 18:15
JD Manager

Can you provide screenshot of the action settings? Open menu editor and select the action and create screenshot so I can see the action settings checkboxes.
I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Works fine in every of my tests.
Old 29.08.2017, 03:48
Tornado

Clean button's properties:

http://i.imgur.com/NGRa6px.png

Most of the times the button does its job well, but there is a few others when I have to do the "switching" step before it deletes as expected.

By the way, I noted another instance where a similar behavior about said button issue takes place, which might be related:

1- Using the exact same settings as the ones shown in the above screenshot, while I'm in an empty "LinkGrabber" panel, I add a few links.

2- They get added normally, the "Clean" button gets highlighted and it works as expected as well.

3- I repeat the steps 1 & 2, but this time I play a little bit with the "Hoster" checkbox from the "Views" side panel; more specifically, I check and uncheck a few times the mark from the host that was just added (not the "Hoster" checkbox itself).

4- Although highlighted, the "Clean" button will have not effect at all if I do what's described in the previous step; that's kind of a trigger for that button's issue.

5- To make it works, I could do a "tabs switching" as before or as I just realized, by just opening the "Toolbar manager" window, clicking the "Apply" button (no changes needed) and closing it.

A graphical example from the above:

http://i.imgur.com/EQOJ1Lc.gif

By the way, I noted that unchecking the "Exclude filtered Links" option from the button's action properties, neither the issue I just talked about nor the one from my first post repeats anymore. "Clean" button will always do its job as expected, if that particular parameter is disabled. The "Linkgrabber Filter" extension itself is disabled, so I don't know how that "Exclude filtered Links" option interferes here.

Thanks.
Old 29.08.2017, 17:47
JD Manager

Thanks for the very detailed explanation! I was able to reproduce the issue. Now I have to find the bug
Old 29.08.2017, 18:19
JD Manager

Please wait for next core update. I fixed the issue and no longer could reproduce it. Feedback would be nice
Old 30.08.2017, 02:40
Tornado

It works fine now, thanks.
Old 30.08.2017, 11:30
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 02.10.2017, 00:51
Tornado

I had this button's action configured to not showing any conformation message prior to work, but I just wanted to revert that, and it doesn't work as expected. The confirmation dialog isn't showed anymore for links in the "LinkGrabber" section; contrarily, it works as expected in the "Downloads" list.

P.D. I deemed not necessary to open a whole new thread for this little issue, since it might be related to the implemented fix for the original problem of this thread.

Last edited by ElCho; 02.10.2017 at 02:06.
Old 02.10.2017, 13:27
JD Manager

Check Settings-Advanced Settings
GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.rlywarnlevel
It depends on rlywarnlevel if JDownloader shows a confirmation dialog or not. (depending on DownloadList or Linkgrabber)
Old 02.10.2017, 15:00
Tornado

As far as I remember, I never had to tweak that advanced option before, but just checking/unchecking the "really" related option from the menu customizer to enable or disable that confirmation message. It is still like that for the "Clean Downloadlist" button from the "Downloads" section, but it has no effects for the same button in the "LinkGrabber" area. I already checked that advanced parameter, and it was in "normal", but even when I set it to "High!", the confirmation dialog isn't still showed up. I bet it should simply work according to the "customizer" option state, since I want the confirmation for just that specific command, and not all around.

Thanks.
Old 02.10.2017, 18:01
JD Manager

Maybe you used *dont show again* in the past? That is the only way I can reproduce this.
Settings-User Interface -> Reset Dialog *Dont show again* flags
Old 03.10.2017, 06:42
Tornado

Since it is the very same button, I thought it should work according to the option from the "Toolbar manager", but I had to reset the confirmations from that other place you mentioned and it is working fine now. Thanks.
Old 04.10.2017, 09:42
JD Manager

Dialogs and *Dont show again* are context sensitive. It's very likely that you selected *dont show again* in the past in linkgrabber but never in download list.

Thanks for the feedback Keep reporting bugs