JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Closed Thread

Old 10.05.2015, 04:20
Super Loader

Default "FFmpeg is missing" error, and failure of update to fix it.

I've been using JDownloader 2 without problems for long time, but now have suddenly become confronted with a problem. Whenever I try to download many Youtube videos, I get a message telling me that FFmpeg is missing, and that I can remedy this by clicking the "Install FFmpeg now" button. However, clicking this button always results in one of two outcomes, 1: I get a "You already have the latest version" message, or 2: JDownloader updates, but the updated version is still missing FFmpeg. Even reinstalling JDownloader 2, either from the installer found in one of the stickied threads on this forum, or the web-installer located on the "Downloads" section of the website, failed to resolve the issue.

I discovered that \AppData\Local\JDownloader v2.0\tools\Windows\ffmpeg\x64\ appears to be the folder in which FFmpeg.exe is supposed to reside. The folder did contain FFprobe.exe, but not FFmpeg.exe. I downloaded the latest version of FFmpeg from the official site and copied FFmpeg.exe and FFprobe.exe (to make sure to have the latest versions of both .exe's) to the aforementioned folder. I restarted JDownloader 2, and tried downloading a Youtube video. It worked for a few seconds, until my antivirus (AVG) suddenly identified JDownloader2.exe as containing a trojan (something that's never happened to me before) and prompted me to move JDownloader2.exe to the virus vault, which I did (better to be safe than sorry). I tried reinstalling JDownloader 2 afterwards, but it reverted to an old download queue, so I had to do a sytem restore on my computer to get my recent queue back. Since then, I've still been getting the "FFmpeg is missing" error.

Here's the error message I get:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Last edited by raztoki; 10.05.2015 at 04:33.
Old 10.05.2015, 04:37
English Supporter

try deleting ffmpeg path in toos\windows\ and click install next time it prompts you

else if it all fails,

install manually, and set paths to the install directory in settings > advanced > filter "ffmpeg path"
set both ffmpeg and ffmprobe

AVG antivirus software is clearly identifying JDownloader launcher falsely. The exes are just loaders and do not contain harmful content, so you can either ignore it when it prompts you, or setup exemptions to prevent scanning or deletion of JD2 install path.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 10.05.2015, 05:46
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
try deleting ffmpeg path in toos\windows\ and click install next time it prompts you

else if it all fails,

install manually, and set paths to the install directory in settings > advanced > filter "ffmpeg path"
set both ffmpeg and ffmprobe

AVG antivirus software is clearly identifying JDownloader launcher falsely. The exes are just loaders and do not contain harmful content, so you can either ignore it when it prompts you, or setup exemptions to prevent scanning or deletion of JD2 install path.

raztoki
Well, I wound up manually installing FFmpeg by copying to the folder again. This time, I also copied the new licenses folder that came with it. So far, everything's working nicely. Thank you for the advice.
Old 10.05.2015, 06:05
English Supporter

no problems =]

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Closed Thread