JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 25.12.2011, 12:18
frmys

Default Prevent Accidental Deletion Of Files When Reset Is Selected

Hi ,

I think it should be better to give an example of what mean to say.

Consider that you download a huge file in 100 parts and you have 3 different alternative file servers. You do not have premium account and you use free download option. As you are aware sometimes servers does not allow free download , this is normal because they want paid customers. The server says "no free slots" or same kind of error messages that refuses download such as Shareonline.

Jdownloader passes to the next file and the next and the next. So you have many downloads with error. By the way your file download continues with other 2 servers and you have some parts downloaded which are marked as error in Shareonline.

Now here comes the problem. If you select the files which are marked as error and if you accidently select RESET FILES than your good files which have been already downloaded from other 2 working servers will be deleted.

It should be good to give a warning message that files already exists or only reset the file status in JDownloader. Anyhow JDownloader will pass to the next file and only delete from Jdownload file list window . The already downloaded files from 2 other working servers will be safe and you will not need to download 5-6 files again. This will be better i suppose.

I hope i could explain the stuation.

Note : Today i saw an event in Jdownloader that it automaticaly resets file status in the main window. There was a "no emply slots" error in Shareonline but it resetted. If the option is implemented in Jdownload , this is a very smart action.

If you leave Jdownloader working for download at night , now there is not risk that at midnight all files are marked with error and Jdownloader stopped downloads and in the morning you only get 2-3 file parts downloaded .

Last edited by Jiaz; 25.12.2011 at 14:36.
Old 25.12.2011, 13:53
English Supporter

If the file has already been downloaded successfully, don't use reset for other links for the same file. Many warning messages are available unless you disable them. Next release will have better handling.
Old 25.12.2011, 14:36
JD Manager

wait for next major update where this will be handled better
Old 25.12.2011, 14:44
frmys

Thanks a lot for you answer.

Yes there is a waring message that says that the files will be deleted. I also do not disable warging messages as a general prensible for all programs. Only simple warnings minimize to tray or are you sure to exit.

But reset warning looks like a reminder for the broken or incomplete downloaded files. Also sometimes selecting links with errorr marks do not resume , so only reset is a chance to start them to download. But this time there is risk to delete the completed parts.

Anyway it will be nice if you add a simple "if" case to the code that "if the file with the exact size already exists ask user what to do" or "skip completed parts and reset others" or "delete to recylcye bin" option.

As i stated in previous mesage in note part, have you add and option to resume/reset all error links? If yes , it would be good to make options in JD settings section such as " try xx times for forcing download with reset/resume" ," if not succesfull after xx attemps or 30 minutes refresh connection"
Old 25.12.2011, 15:16
JD Manager

i will address this in next major version. downloadcontroller is still in progress..we are currently finishing the new linkgrabber
Old 26.12.2011, 04:26
English Supporter

@frmys
In Nightly, the status will show "File downloaded from ..." so it is clear enough to prevent accident.