JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Host Plugin Reports

Old 16.05.2022, 00:53
Modem User

Default Text file encoding bug

Hi,

I'm using JDownloader 2 (Source Revision Core #45992) with the Udemy plugin to download files.

The Udemy course is not in English and has special characters like ö, ç, ş and more.

When downloading non-video assets like additional text resources written in that language, and opening the file on my machine (Windows, didn't test on Linux) then those special characters are replaced with question marks and the text is really hard to read.

Here's a log id:
15.05.22 15.38.14 <--> 15.05.22 15.44.24 jdlog://3169925302851/

When looking at the udemy.com_jd.plugins.hoster.UdemyCom.log logfile, the response body that has been retrieved is correct though:

Code:
--ID:110TS:1652654353419-2022-05-15, 3:39:13 p.m. -  [jd.http.Browser(loadConnection)] -> 
BrowserID:2|RequestID:1|URL:**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**[asset]=@min,status,delayed_asset_message,processing_errors,body
----------------Request Content-------------
{"_class":"asset","id":27330980,"asset_type":"Article","title":"","created":"2020-08-25T04:52:46Z","status":1,"body":"<p><strong>Hamur Sıcaklığı</strong></p><p>İdeal [...snip...]</p></li></ul>","processing_errors":[]}
My guess is that there's an issue when writing pure bytes to the disk (possibly just using a bytestream, without encodings. Possibly related to `OldRAFDownload`).

A separate issue is that there are Udemy CDN links to images in that resource. Could this extension be modified so that it would consider downloading images as well?

If there's anything I can do to help fixing this, please let me know (I can do pull requests if someone can point me to the code. I wasn't sure if JDownloader sources on GitHub are actually the ones that are used here).

Best,
Guest12
Old 16.05.2022, 11:21
JD Manager

@Guest12: Thanks for the report, will be fixed with next plugin update.
Old 16.05.2022, 11:23
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest12 View Post
If there's anything I can do to help fixing this, please let me know (I can do pull requests if someone can point me to the code. I wasn't sure if JDownloader sources on GitHub are actually the ones that are used here).
I've already fixed it. The issue was caused by wrong/none charset being specified. In jd.plugins.hoster.UdemyCom, 496 and following.
The github sources are unofficial mirrors but should be halfway up2date. Right now we're using self hosted subversion, see
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...up-ide-eclipse
section
Quote:
Now repeat these steps with:
Old 16.05.2022, 11:35
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest12 View Post
A separate issue is that there are Udemy CDN links to images in that resource. Could this extension be modified so that it would consider downloading images as well?
Sure, but that change must be done within the decrypter plugin , jd.plugins.decrypter.UdemyComDecrypter
Can you please explain more? are those images or thumbnails? can you provide a link to a free/public course so we can check/add support for it.