JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 23.07.2021, 21:17
Black Hole

Default “insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment ”

When downloading from proza.ru direct links - memory usage is very high.
Will 10 GB RAM and 99% CPU be used so much for 94 K links?

There is a problem with the settings with this hosting.
-Not all packages fully completed are removed automatically:

Issue Setting:

Remove finished downloads: when package is ready

Issue2:
I click STOP download, does not respond to commands, still downloads.

Also, when I try to manually remove packages, the window with the message about the removal of files does not appear, or there is a huge delay.

this problems did not occur before, not so long ago I am experiencing these problems.

23.07.21 22.19.17 <--> 23.07.21 22.44.32 jdlog://9925825302851/

Image:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Example Url:
Spoiler:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Last edited by Student im ersten Jahr; 24.07.2021 at 17:48.
Old 26.07.2021, 20:13
JD Manager

@Student im ersten Jahr

You don't have 94k links in list but

375k + 264k = 639k
[jd.controlling.downloadcontroller.DownloadController$7(run)] -> LinkList found: 5876/375273
[jd.controlling.linkcollector.LinkCollector$17(run)] -> CollectorList found: 5260/264722
Old 27.07.2021, 14:13
Black Hole

After all, CPU memory usage occurs only on this server.
Small files put a strain on the ZIP file, and it takes time to answer such small files.
Even for soundcloud and other servers, there are no such loads for jd! JD2 requires more than 10GB and that's why it runs so slow. NEEDS 30 LB 40GB RAM. I tested it with the smallest link packages. After four hours of downloading, it uses 16 GB of RAM.
The problem is that memory is not freed (JAVA). If you know to free up memory (released), please enter the parameters on the forum.

Last edited by Student im ersten Jahr; 27.07.2021 at 14:17.
Old 27.07.2021, 17:36
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student im ersten Jahr View Post
After four hours of downloading, it uses 16 GB of RAM.
The problem is that memory is not freed (JAVA). If you know to free up memory (released), please enter the parameters on the forum.
1.) your JDownloader was limited to 10GB of heap memory, so it cannot use 16GB
2.) JDownloader doesn't free memory by default. It's allowed up to max heap memory. If you want java to free memory, then you have to tweak your JVM parameter
Old 27.07.2021, 17:37
JD Manager

Quote:
Small files put a strain on the ZIP file, and it takes time to answer such small files
It's not about the files but just about the huge number of links.
Old 28.07.2021, 15:04
Black Hole

JD can use more than 10G B. I have a cache/virtual memory set on a 40 GB SSD
Old 28.07.2021, 16:17
JD Manager

@Student im ersten Jahr: It depends on your java memory settings. Your JDownloader installation, according to your screenshot, is limited to max 10GB of heap memory. So JDownloader/Java cannot use 16GB in total. If you want to use more, then you have to modify your jvm parameters
Old 28.07.2021, 21:44
Black Hole

If you want java to free memory, then you have to tweak your JVM parameter

I would like these parameters?
Old 29.07.2021, 13:11
JD Manager

see
stackoverflow.com/questions/30458195/does-gc-release-back-memory-to-os
geekyhacker.com/2019/01/04/jvm-does-not-release-memory/
Old 29.07.2021, 14:09
Black Hole

Don't expect him to understand this as I'm not an advanced user.
Old 29.07.2021, 14:55
JD Manager

@Student im ersten Jahr: I'm sorry but a user with nearl 700 thousand links in list and having to deal with that much memory/space...what else is a power/advanced user?
Read those articles and it will also give you the details how to tweak jvm parameter.
Old 30.07.2021, 07:09
Black Hole

Jiaz - It is impossible that I have 700k. It is rather exaggerating.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/BFwVj28

Some functions (including instability) do not work in JD2. This malfunction is due to an error.
Attached Files
File Type: rar replay_pid14684.rar (47.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 30.07.2021, 10:20
JD Manager

@Student im ersten Jahr: I took the info directly from your last given log.
Your screenshots show lower number, around 400k now becuase you have either filtered or removed some entries.
Once you've hit memory limits and even go out-of-memory, no gurantees.

I've given every information you need to tweak your setup (jvm paramters, JD parameters...heap settings...) now go ahead and tweak it for your own use case but no longer waste our time on repeating topics
Old 30.07.2021, 11:17
Black Hole

pspzockersce gave me some advanced setups - it really helped.
Only this setting has stopped working or is taking up a lot of RAM. 99% cpu 10gb ram+
My setting:
https://postimg.cc/R3JyNQ5g
Old 30.07.2021, 11:20
JD Manager

You should also reduce the interval of writing list to disk
https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...5&postcount=47
Old 02.08.2021, 12:56
Black Hole

Default “insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment ”

My computer is low on memory? Even at 50% RAM (task manager) it shows to close Javaw.exe is automatically closed due to lack of virtual memory. Although I already have 13 GB set and that's enough for me. Java is of course part of the JD2 application. Jdownloader idle shifts everything to virtual memory. I don't download JD2 files, it doesn't parse anything and doesn't add links! And JDownloader increases memory usage instead of released. On Stack Overflow (website), some users have a similar problem. I found a partial solution, a few Gb memory is released if I clean the Java cache manually. My question is how to auto clean unused cache?
After cleaning, the usage from 12 Gb decreased to 7 GB! So it helps keep the PC in better control of the computer's resources.

C:\Users\My\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache

Windows info:
https://i.stack.imgur.com/tymHb.png

Good parameter?
javaw.exe" -Xms256m -Xmx11G -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200r -jar

https://www.oracle.com/webfolder/tec...ted/index.html

Last edited by Student im ersten Jahr; 02.08.2021 at 13:04.
Old 02.08.2021, 17:01
JD Manager

@Student im ersten Jahr:
That "cache" folder is not used at all by JDownloader/its bundled java.

You have not specified any of the mentioned JVM parameters to free unused memory and *give back* to os. Did you even read the links?

Please read those links, read them carefully and try to understand what they are telling you and then setup those JVM for your own personal use case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
I've given every information you need to tweak your setup (jvm paramters, JD parameters...heap settings...) now go ahead and tweak it for your own use case but no longer waste our time on repeating topics
Old 02.08.2021, 17:27
Black Hole

I set it up and it work. Now the usage by JD2 is low that when eg lower RAM usage this message pops up!
I will only run JD2 in IDLE (I will wait 12 hours (NO DOWNLOAD START/NO CRAWLER JOB!!)
It will accumulate a lot of garbage for 12 hours, the only salvation is to restart JD2 frequently to regain memory.
Reading the articles will not change anything if you do not understand the concepts at a higher level.
Old 02.08.2021, 17:52
JD Manager

@Student im ersten Jahr: JVM will not free any memory when you don't tell (via JVM Parameter) that it should. explained here, https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...86&postcount=9
IDLE doesn't mean that no memory is required!
Your use of JDownloader is far far far away from *normal* usage, so get yourself together and start reading/learning yourself and not wasting time of support again and again.
Old 02.08.2021, 18:43
Black Hole

I see. The topic can be closed because it is finally impossible to fix it. Just repeating message. Endlessly popping up many windows errors and running out of computer resources. Only a hard restart of the computer.

https://postimg.cc/KkQ9fpgY

Last edited by Jiaz; 02.08.2021 at 19:19.
Old 02.08.2021, 19:19
JD Manager

Those dialogs mean that you want to start JVM with more memory/heap that your system can provide. Virtual Memory/Swap does NOT increase your available System Memory.
Old 02.08.2021, 20:26
Black Hole

I was able to run JD2, but in 2 minutes JD2 error again. See this additional information.
I have 16GB + 4GB (20 GB) of physical memory installed in my system.
I turned off all other processes for the test.

https://postimg.cc/s10LLJcN

I have 20 GB of RAM but cannot use when
VM13GB / 20GB RAM = 0.65
Max. 65% = 13 GB RAM.
So somewhere that missing ~ 7GB is leaking Memory.(probaly, maybe..)

Last edited by Student im ersten Jahr; 02.08.2021 at 20:36.
Old 03.08.2021, 19:26
JD Manager

@Student im ersten Jahr: I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to tell me
Screenshot shows that Java is using max heap of 8GB and currently allocated 4,27GB of memory.
Old 03.08.2021, 19:28
JD Manager

Quote:
I have 20 GB of RAM but cannot use when
VM13GB / 20GB RAM = 0.65
Max. 65% = 13 GB RAM.
So somewhere that missing ~ 7GB is leaking Memory.(probaly, maybe..)
No idea what you are talking about! VM13GB? what do you mean by that?
Old 03.08.2021, 20:11
Black Hole

A very well-known topic among users where "Mappedfile" and Stadby takes most RAM.
I just checked in RamMap and it turns out that Mappedfile consumes most RAM memory.
I did not change anything in the system, so I do not know why this problem now occurs?

https://postimg.cc/7JhfBYHP

Edit:
his will help me find the memory leak problem
memory-leak-where-did-my-memory

Last edited by Student im ersten Jahr; 03.08.2021 at 20:20.
Old 03.08.2021, 20:24
JD Manager

MappedFile = applications that memory map files. JDownloader doesn't use memory mapped files.
Old 04.08.2021, 00:02
Black Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
JDownloader doesn't use memory mapped files.
Look: https://postimg.cc/PCPVpGkZ

------------------

Jdownloader it's Java. It is obvious that the bug is with Java, but JDownloader is related to it.
But let's leave it at that. I have a small program. I haven't used it for a long time, but I checked the system status and it turned out that for some reason, I was turned on again this tweak..
https://i.postimg.cc/Vk77MNHc/Screen...t-11-01-PM.png

"Always Keep Windows Kernel In Memory".

I turned this feature off again. We'll see...
Old 04.08.2021, 13:34
Black Hole

The Windows kernel memory manager component manages the physical memory of the operating system.
Disabling this function meant that messages that indicated the problem with exhausting computer resources have stopped appearing. And all the more problems with the exhaustion of physical or virtual memory - officially solved.
Old 04.08.2021, 14:08
JD Manager

@Student im ersten Jahr: JDownloader doesn't use memory mapped files. Yes, Java does support them, but they are not used in JDownloader.
Old 04.08.2021, 14:09
JD Manager

Quote:
The Windows kernel memory manager component manages the physical memory of the operating system.
Disabling this function meant that messages that indicated the problem with exhausting computer resources have stopped appearing. And all the more problems with the exhaustion of physical or virtual memory - officially solved.
thanks for the feedback!