JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 09.12.2023, 11:53
Baby Loader

Default What's the best way to download full galleries from Flickr or Instagram?

Those sites download just fine - until they block you temporarily for downloading too many files at once.

I follow artists on those sites, and, many times, an artist's whole gallery just disappears - whether by their own choice, or it's removed for some reason by the site itself. It's a horrible thing, when so much art just disappears from the existence - I've seen it many times, and now I'm paranoid about it, and trying to back up the galleries on my hard drive.

I tried using proxy, but I'm not sure how to add a long proxy list to JD2

I found this site, a friend is using it with another software, and it's supposed to be good: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

But I don't know which list, and how, to use with JD2 - I got the SOCKS5 list, and tried adding the whole thing, but it wants me to add just one at a time. The option to add a whole list says it's formatted wrong. I tried adding the "protocol" thing in front, as suggested online, but nothing happens.

The list looks like this:

45.82.15.11:8888
154.113.156.54:12391
115.127.110.218:9990
5.129.59.79:1080
193.123.73.47:3128

Can anybody tell me what exactly I should add to the front of each line with the IP? I wouldn't want to enter them one by one, especially since the list changes hourly.

Would using proxy even help with downloading a full artist's gallery of thousands of pictures from Flickr and Instagram? Perhaps there's another way to bypass it.

P.S. I don't really want to use my IG account - I only have one, and it's impossible to create an account these days, so I don't want to use it.

P.S. 2 I found a site for Instagram called imginn - it doesn't have the file limit problem, but JD only finds a handful of pictures when I enter the URL of the artist's page. In order to add all the pictures, what I did was scroll down until more pictures load, and scroll, and scroll, and scroll, and click "More", and scroll... until all the 7000 pictures are on one page, then I extract the links using the Link Gopher plugin, then paste all the links into JD... Is there an easier and faster way to do this?

Please, any suggestions are welcome.