JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > General Discussion
Closed Thread

Old 27.05.2009, 04:16
MxM

Default This new version is absolutely rubbish. Better put the old one back online

Man you had a nice, stable, usable soft. Lots of people who used it, most of them happy. After months of hard work you come up with a strange new version which is buggy, unstable, unfriendly, confusing and generally extremely hard to use. I've got a question for you: how do you manage to like this up so bad ? Was it not enough that you had a good, reputed soft that only needed small improvements ? Was it necessary to go ahead, show everyone how good you really are and screw the whole thing up to the point I'm looking for a new downloader without any second thoughts ?

Anyway, what you could do now is post the last stable and fully compatible version of 4.xxx for download, so that people who don't want to go through all that BS "upgrade" and end up nowhere still have a decent downloader to use.
Old 27.05.2009, 04:21
JD Manager

new version is stable, no big bugs and .....
its easier to use if you are getting used to it, also it provides a better interface and more usefull features

the new jd needs less cpu, less ram and .....

and no, there wont be 2 gui versions of it
Old 27.05.2009, 04:32
catcraft

if the bugs are cleared out, everyone will be happy with it like in the versions before..:thumbup:
Old 27.05.2009, 05:31
MxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
new version is stable, no big bugs and .....
its easier to use if you are getting used to it, also it provides a better interface and more usefull features

the new jd needs less cpu, less ram and .....

and no, there wont be 2 gui versions of it
You really need a reallity check. The thing you put up for DL has more bugs than features. Upgrading crashes the whole application no mather how it is initiated.
Edit by Jiaz: because of the high serverload, just let it update and try again, and try again...you are not the only jd user on world and we can only afford 3 strong updateservers! remembr you dont pay anything for jd, because its FREE! The whole thing does not start every time it is launched; that also goes for the installer. Links added will not download, not even check. But they do freeze the application, occasionally.
Edit by jiaz: same reaseon as above, because plugins are loaded on the fly and due to high serverload, this may fail often at the moment! just update and try again, took me nearly 1 hour to update my live version correctly! I don't care if it works on your test system. It is this app which is supposed to be compatible with most systems reasonably updated, not the other way arround.
Edit by Jiaz: it works fine on mac, windows and linux, all issues come from the high serverload!

The configuration options are hard to navigate and poorly assembled. Various settings are located under improper sections. The addons (formally) cannot be turned off. The course of action from link adding to downloading is confusing and not fully controlable (or working). This is all one big mess. Being optimistic will not help, although it is funny.
Edit by Jiaz: it works fine on mac, windows and linux, all issues come from the high serverload!

You might take my advice and post an older version, one which is stable, usable and fully compatible (with all hosts) online for people to download while you work on this version, so they do not forget about it in the meantime. I am already using such a version, which will work... if I completely disable all upgrading

Edit by Jiaz: well, seems you did not read my messages or read the warning on changelog page:
1.) yes the addon section has a bug (it will show all enabled indepentand if they are installed or not)
2.) reconnect is buggy
3.) as written on our changelog page, the 3 updateservers are sreaming out loud and therefore you may have update problems (startup hang, update fails messages and such things) but when update is complete finished jd works fine

Last edited by Jiaz; 27.05.2009 at 12:13.
Old 27.05.2009, 05:55
joeblog

How about you...

1. Learn to respect jdownloader programmers. Treat them like human beings. They are making this program without gaining any form financial gain or aren't being compensated. They are making this out of their own free time...Learn to treat them like how you would like to be treated.
2. Have a little bit of patience jeeeze! Use your head! Try out the beta if the stable version doesn't work. I got it to work while updating from the beta.

/rant
Old 27.05.2009, 06:41
MxM

How about you...
- think before you post (really hard)
- thus learn that one must first respect himself, before respecting others
- and not all people are the same. That is, even if you do not respect yourself, that might not be true for me

By placing this version online and not providing any different, older, tried and tested option (not some equally unfinished beta) they are forcing people to use this and face all those problems. Which means they don't respect us, for not giving us at least that choice (if not a better program). If you like that, it's fine. Not all people are gluttons for punishment.
Edit by Jiaz: the new version is well tested and only 2 major problems are there (addons and reconnect), but we cannot do anything against high serverload, if you wanna donate 2-3 more servers, here you go...but stop complaining about this issue, because all problems come only from high serverload

And this is not new, the board is full of complaints about major bugs for weeks. Yet there is no alternative, although the older versions generally worked well. I am right now using an older version, but I had to go to third party sites to get it.

Edit by jiaz: old version was very buggy, many hosters did not work, many decrypters did not work, all this is fixed and we fixed nearly every report for the beta and release candidate!
I need give no respect to someone who shows me complete lack of it. However, what I have expressed here is only my contempt for their feats, not their persons (this distinction requires more of that step 1).

Last edited by Jiaz; 27.05.2009 at 12:16.
Old 27.05.2009, 06:51
lRs

Hey ..

Well .. the new design looks quite cool. But acutally there're really some bugs. At first I made the update and after that nothing happened anymore. The logo came up but nothing happened.
Edit by Jiaz: becuase of high serverload, it updates the addons on startup and because this takes more than usuall you think it froze, but its working
So I removed the whole program and downloaded it again from the homepage.
Now .. everything looks fine but if I want to start a download, the program gives me that:
S S L Handshake: Remote host closed connection during handshake
Edit by Jiaz: reintall all java and be sure you added java.exe and javaw.exe to the firewalls exclude list, after an update and when you did not setup firewall correctly this is what might happen
I'm not a pro at stuff like that so it would be cool if someone's able to help me.

Thanks

Last edited by Jiaz; 27.05.2009 at 12:18.
Old 27.05.2009, 09:00
prosago

Default Yes rubbish - why putting it up.... lots of work in front of me

..... and lots of work for hundreds and hundreds of other jdownloader users out there. Damm:blink:
Edit by Jiaz: and these users are killing our bandwith and thats causing all the problems

-------- By placing this version online and not providing any different, older, tried and tested option (not some equally unfinished beta) they are forcing people to use this and face all those problems. Which means they don't respect us, for not giving us at least that choice (if not a better program). If you like that, it's fine. Not all people are gluttons for punishment. --------

...... yes, forcing is the correct word, did I have any choice
Edit by Jiaz: yes you had, enable updates only by manual request and jd will update itself to a complete installation which is not needed to update,only if you want to update
------ And this is not new, the board is full of complaints about major bugs for weeks. Yet there is no alternative, although the older versions generally worked well. I am right now using an older version, but I had to go to third party sites to get it. -----

..... where did you get the older verson???? please leave a link

..... now I have to find out how to uninstall it, I do not know how, and I am not a dataexpert, rather a datanovise
Edit by jiaz: delete jd folder

rrrrr

Last edited by Jiaz; 27.05.2009 at 12:23.
Old 06.07.2009, 21:40
Slaninica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
the new jd needs less cpu, less ram and...
WTF?

These new versions eat CPU like shit... and not only that, I could regulary achieve 10MB/s with previous versions, but now only for moments. Everything slows down, moving to next download takes ages, and this GUI works like cock devastated cunt!
Old 07.07.2009, 06:16
sunnytimes

Slaninica read this ..

http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=3759

new version runs great for me :]
Old 07.07.2009, 10:10
cday

Makes no difference whether or not it's minimized. Disabling all that stuff helped with memory consumption but cpu usage hovers around 20 - 40%. That's a lot considering it's doing that to an E8500 C2D. Unnecessary wear on expensive hardware and wasteful power consumption for a mere download manager. I don't get it.:unsure:
Old 07.07.2009, 10:24
remi

Cool

How many links do you have in your downloads queue? How many files are downloaded simultaneously when you have these peaks?

I've 2300 links (99% of them are still disabled) and 2 simultaneous downloads.

My jD is consuming between 20 and 95 MB. 95 MB is more than Azureus' (14 files up/down) or my browser's (18 tabs) consumption.

When I minimise the jD window the memory consumption declines considerably, to between 20 and 40 MB.
Old 27.05.2009, 12:25
Matthijs

MxM, I just totally agree with you.
Old 27.05.2009, 14:46
orang

I just signed to say that the new version has succeeded in making me hate Jdownloader , I don't want to , honestly . But the new version is just too cumbersome . Gone are the simple Jdownloader which I love most , replaced with an abomination , sorry for being offensive but it just is .

I see that we could refuse the new Jdownloader , but not that I want to refuse updates . I frequently updates the programme hoping it will *keep up with the times* but this new version is totally UNKNOWN to me . Had I known the whole interface will changed , I would just refuse the update by choosing cancel yet all it shown is XXX updates available .
Edit by Jiaz: whats so bad about the new gui? its has an improved downloadlist, improved and much better linkgrabber and improved accountmanager (for example the live accountstats)

Currently downloading 0.4.936 ...

Last edited by Jiaz; 27.05.2009 at 14:56.
Old 27.05.2009, 15:22
donmega123

Umm i dont understand why you dont put old version online damn, when you make new version obviously people are gonna have problem with major update, people like me, this is like. I cannot use this due to problem i mentioned in my thread and can't use old cause i'm guessing its offline? Guess i need to go use another download manager till this shit gets solved.
Old 27.05.2009, 15:33
kobik

So what's the problem reporting a bug and wait a little for it to be fixed?
I was working with the betas and RCs and sure there are bugs, but this version is not such catastrophic as you describe it.
And why whining and complaining in such nonconstructive manner?
Stop crying and start contributing to this software by reporting a bugs and useful information.
Old 27.05.2009, 15:49
orang

Here's the one suggested by topic maker .

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

IMO , the new version works fine . It's the whole interface . Choosing between 0.5 and 0.4 is like choosing between a gunshot in your head or a pat in the back .
Old 29.05.2009, 01:41
nick_01

Default donwloan time

m sorry bt i think i have a prob. the previous version used to download files of 100 mb in just about 5-6 minutes. Y is the new one doin it in 10-11 min. i cheked ma connection speed and its still the same.
its getting slow. doubling the time..
ughhhh

Edit by Jiaz: read the damn rs news

Last edited by Jiaz; 29.05.2009 at 13:36.
Old 31.05.2009, 18:12
papa47

The new version has all kinds of problems. I don't want to sound ungrateful, I love jd, I couldn't download RS links without it.

I put 10 downloads into the program and went to bed, I woke up to find that only 2 of them were successful. I got all kinds of errors.

"aborted, no permissions to write to hard disks"

"Lost connection"

"program is out of memory"

several downloaded to 100% and did not extract

And my favorite...

a few of the files downloaded 100%, only to say "aborted, download incomplete"

I like the look and feel of the interface, vast improvements in user-friendliness, but the newer version has all kinds of bugs. I'm downloading the old version since it was stable and had very few issues.
Old 31.05.2009, 20:19
Doug

Wow, thanks to everyone who added the links to the good previous version. It really helps to have it instead of the terrible new one (ugly too, it looks as bad as windows vista) in which you have to search for options for 10 minutes, click three times to do something that you could do with one click in the previous version, and when you finally click those three times, nothing will work anyway.

I had to re-add many links manually to the reinstalled old version but it was worth it. Can I ensure that the usable old version will never update to the horrible new one? For example, block something in the hosts file etc.?
Old 01.06.2009, 07:35
papa47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Wow, thanks to everyone who added the links to the good previous version. It really helps to have it instead of the terrible new one (ugly too, it looks as bad as windows vista) in which you have to search for options for 10 minutes, click three times to do something that you could do with one click in the previous version, and when you finally click those three times, nothing will work anyway.

I had to re-add many links manually to the reinstalled old version but it was worth it. Can I ensure that the usable old version will never update to the horrible new one? For example, block something in the hosts file etc.?

You got that right!
Old 07.06.2009, 00:14
tiny-e

Cool Don't Panic.

Listen:

Firstly, I applaud the devs of JDownloader for making such a smart, feature-laden piece of software. In any one of its iterations, really blows away most of the competition (most of which is payware).

I also applaud their friendliness and restraint, as I would have told the douche that started this thread to piss off, and then locked the topic.

If you're paying money for a piece of software and someone pushes you an update that borks your system, you can be rightly irritated. If you, however, update to the latest BETA of a free application, don't expect things to work like they used to. Period.

The fact that there are so many updates should impress you as it shows this is not an abandonware project. This leads me to think that all issues will be ironed out in fairly-short order.

Until then, the process you have to go through to get your hentai/pr0n may be somewhat different than what you're used to. Deal with it.
Old 07.06.2009, 07:40
papa47

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny-e View Post
Listen:

Firstly, I applaud the devs of JDownloader for making such a smart, feature-laden piece of software. In any one of its iterations, really blows away most of the competition (most of which is payware).

I also applaud their friendliness and restraint, as I would have told the douche that started this thread to piss off, and then locked the topic.

If you're paying money for a piece of software and someone pushes you an update that borks your system, you can be rightly irritated. If you, however, update to the latest BETA of a free application, don't expect things to work like they used to. Period.

The fact that there are so many updates should impress you as it shows this is not an abandonware project. This leads me to think that all issues will be ironed out in fairly-short order.

Until then, the process you have to go through to get your hentai/pr0n may be somewhat different than what you're used to. Deal with it.
I agree with the person, not douche, as you so rudely put it, that started this thread that the new version is full of bugs and mistakes. Its a pretty rational expectation to think that an update would be a better product than its predecessor. And the latest version is not a Beta as you claim it to be, it is a full update that one would trust to be ready for the end user, which it clearly is not. When you start the program and the auto-update says new updates are ready to be installed, that is not a beta version, but an update to the program that should have already been tested and ready for the masses.
Old 09.06.2009, 11:06
noodleonline

Exclamation

put back toolbar like this on new version, more precisely to have stop after the download and up and down buttons and all happy, you and users!!

Old 09.06.2009, 11:43
Botzi

The move buttons will come back and some other things.
Most of the reported bugs are fixed. We're currently do some speed improvements, to lower the CPU and RAM usage.
Old 10.06.2009, 15:16
Tyop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botzi View Post
Most of the reported bugs are fixed. We're currently do some speed improvements, to lower the CPU and RAM usage.
It would be nice if you now release version without *critical* reconnection error (for people with static ip), which makes jdownloader useless, then work with speed.
Old 10.06.2009, 15:37
JD Manager

what *critical* reconnection error do you mean?
Old 10.06.2009, 15:50
Tyop

http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=3366
Closed Thread