JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 31.08.2009, 03:48
JCatGuy

Default Now I'm just trying to unistall JDownloader

Since there's no unistaller, I read the post where it says "Just delete the file"...mine is more complex, as I upgraded an older version, which didn't work, then downloaded the latest version, which does work but it not giving me full download speed.

My plan is if I can sucessfully do a clean unistall of JD, then I think if I re-download JD 7, that it has a much better chance at working and take advantage of rather quick download speed, and not start at 2.8 or 3.2 megs/S nd within 5 seconds drop to 1.2 megs/S and stay at that level throughout.

CCcleaner and TuneUpUtiliies also doesn't list JDownloader so I can't unistall from those programs either.

There's got to be a software product on the market (perhaps ASHAMPOO?) that will do the job, and allow me to start fresh find all the components of JDownloader and delete (again, the components are not all in the JDownloader folder...in fact, in that folder I have .dll files of other programs in it...(don't ask me how).

Thank you, JCatGuy

Last edited by Jiaz; 31.08.2009 at 10:41.
Old 31.08.2009, 04:13
ifinallyhadit

Smile

Hey JCatGuy

first of all you shouldn't just copy jdownloader files in a folder with .dll from other files , you should keep Jdownloader files in their own, seperate folder so it would be easier to upgrade and backup JDownloader if you would need to.

I have taken a screenshot of the files and folders that contain JDownloader installation and you can check it out here :

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

here's what you can do - save this image to your computer. Open the folder where JDownloader.exe is located and find and delete all files and folders that you can see in the picture ....

in this way you will delete all files tht JDownloader contains... (in other words this is how you UNINSTALL JDownloader)

then download the latest version of JDownloader from the site and extract the files to their own folder so they don't get mixed up with other programs.

and then just run JDownloader.exe and follow onscreen instructions.

I am pretty sure (altough only a developer can confirm this) that JDownloader doesn't copy any files to anywhere else in your computer and you don't have to worry about that.

hope this helps...
Old 31.08.2009, 10:40
JD Manager

JD has its complete Installation inside the JD folder...there are no files in different folders --> remove folder = jd deinstallation

Those Uninstall tools dont list jd because it got never installed, jd is portable = 1 folder with complete jd in it...nothing more

If you have speed issues with jd, this do not come from jd.
Pls check all firewall and antivirustools, because one single java or jd update can cause such issues, when they are not configured right.
Old 31.08.2009, 10:51
JCatGuy

Default Appreciate the screen shot...that will help a lot!

Hi,
I will do the deleting tomorrow using your screenshot.

I actually have two JDownloaders...one working, one not.

But, I must add...re:speed and downloading. I did a test where I downloaded the same movie, using my old method and then JDownloader...and downloading "MOVIE X" using my old method of opening up 4 browers (200, 200, 200, 150+)...rapidshare........movieabc.rar1, movieabc.rar2 etc. I had the movie downloaded and playing in exactly 5 minutes.

Immediately, I took the same links and and copied them so that LINKGRABBER would have them. I went into JDownloader, w/the settings:
MAX CON=2 and Max DL's=4 (still not sure what they mean).
I clicked CONTINUE...and the speed shot up to 2.89 meg/S, and it was looking good. Again, 5 seconds later...it then dropped once again to 1.2 meg/s and the movie took about 13 1/2 minutes to download.

It's surely not a matter of alternating speed (although speed alternates, I'm going by the rate of which I can download a 700meg or 1.5 gig movie.

Perhaps, after I delete the faulty version...and maybe even delete the one that's working...and do a fresh install, it may clear up this issue. I really hope so.
-------------------------------------------------------

If I may ask...does your speed ever way go above the 1.25 meg/s and stay at that higher level for the duration of the download or does it always drop right back down to 1.25 meg/s? Or whatever your particular numbers happen to be.

Gonna do the deleting tomorrow....THANKS A LOT........JCATGUY
Old 31.08.2009, 11:02
JD Manager

my last speed test maxed out for 87 mbyte/s so yes..more than 1.2 mbyte/s is of course possible...jd does not limit it
Old 31.08.2009, 11:10
JCatGuy

Default Task Manager-End Process JAVAW.EXE has been suggested

Okay then, I have a problem...

Somebody suggested that I go into TASK MANAGER and STOP THE PROCESS "JAVAW.EXE" and that may fix the entire problem?

Worth a try no?

I'll let you know by tomorrow night...(you got fast IP in Germany!!!)

PS...sorry I split this post into 2...I just got fed up and wanted to delete and reinstal

I have a few things to try now...Thanks for yours and everybody's help

JCatGuy
Old 31.08.2009, 12:30
remi

Cool

Please be sure that the JAVAW.EXE process corresponds to the jD process. I've another application that uses that process name.
Old 31.08.2009, 18:58
ifinallyhadit

hey man stopping javaw.exe won't help...

it has nothing to do with your problem...
Old 07.09.2009, 04:23
search4bp

Jiaz,

it's just a problem to uninstall! I have the same problem! I installed version 0.7.569 again on my download computer (because of my troubles with 0.8!), copied the extracted folder with program, settings etc to my desktop and created a program shortcut for the desktop. Then installed the program and it automatically enters information into the registry. Then it tried to download updates (which would have put me to the same level as before, version 0.8...), which I tried to stop by just pulling the network plug. Oh well, too late, so I deleted the 0.7 folder and did it again. The second time it seems to check the info in the registry and now I can't install or uninstall anything. So in fact it is NOT just deleting the folder, it must be more than that.

Hope you give us an answer to this (or give us a solution for the registry fix ).

Thanks
Judith
Old 07.09.2009, 05:16
JCatGuy

Default Jiaz and All,

JIAZ/and ALL,
Using Tune Up Utlities, which has a much more accurate Task Manager than my Window's TM (why I don't know)...and when I am downloading w/JDownloader:

1. "Java Quick Start Service" starts up and stays around 1300 kbs memory(priority "LOW").
2. "Java SE Platform Binary" also starts up, and shoots up to 47,000 kbs memory (Priority Medium). The only program that comes close to that is Internet Explorer and Eset Smart Security.

Should my JAVA SE PB...be at 47,000 kbs while downloading? Could this be the problem...I have the running latest version of JD .8 something on Internet Explorer 8.0, Wind Pro XP/sp3/32 bit?

I shut off my Firewall, I shut off my AV program and Anti-Spyware (Eset 4.0 security system) and as suggested, and it didn't do a thing to increase my download speed.

My speed was running at 29.83 megbits/S. 8 links...started off at 2.73 megbytes/s and stayed for about 8 seconds (I download 26 megs in those few seconds)...then it plummeted right back down to between 1.0 to 1.25 kbs per download and stayed that way throughout. I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP!
The speed it started with, is almost to the exact number that all 3 different Speedtesters say I'm running at.
I do not understand why so many people are having the similar problems I am, and yet there are an almost equal amount of people that are getting MAX speed. (my settings are Max Speed "0", Chunks "2"...and links depending on the download. I've never downloaded more than 1 movie at a time.
"Only to Jiaz"...If you have any doubts that I'm exaggerating or not being 100%...I'll give you remote access to my PC , so you can see that what I'm experiencing is 100%...and maybe you can see "what is going on?" Are you awake NYC time around 3AM?

JCatGuy
Old 07.09.2009, 05:34
English Supporter

Judith,
What information was entered into registry? How did you know? Detail information would help to analyze what had happened. Don't put the folder into the desktop, put it in C:\JDownloader. Are you using Vista?

They built it, they know how it works! So may be you got a virus infected copy of JD? And now your registry is broken?
Old 07.09.2009, 12:56
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by search4bp View Post
... it automatically enters information into the registry. Then it tried to download updates (which would have put me to the same level as before, version 0.8...), which I tried to stop by just pulling the network plug. Oh well, too late, so I deleted the 0.7 folder and did it again. The second time it seems to check the info in the registry and now I can't install or uninstall anything. So in fact it is NOT just deleting the folder, it must be more than that.
These are the registry entries I found :-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.ccf
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.dlc
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.jd
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.rsdf
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ccf
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dlc
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jd
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\jdlist
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\JDownloader ccf-Container
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\JDownloader dlc-Container
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\JDownloader jd-Container
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\JDownloader rsdf-Container
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\rsdf

There are other references to jD in the registry but they are all related to these container types.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache contains some references to different exe files of different jD versions I'm running.

Do you have other entries?

It's a pitty that it is so difficult to control the updating process. I upgraded recently but I had the impression I couln't stop the updating either.

To avoid updating I copied my settings (including the setting that specifies to update only on request) to the new version. Transferring settings to a new version is still not possible with jD.

Another problem is that you can't just disconnect or block the access to Internet, because of an IP check related to the reconnection feature (even if that feature is disabled).
Old 07.09.2009, 13:18
JD Manager

@remi: there is no branch only for 0.7, thats why you have to update and there is nothing wrong with that...
0.6 has its own branch "Branchy2" and can be used on its own, without updating.

We are still trying to find the CPU/Mem Usage cause but till not are walking in the dark....for most ppl a fresh installation helped..we are still trying to find the real cause.

Those first Registry entries are from ClickAndLoad. You should be able to remove them from within JD.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows are coming from windows itself, some sort of cache

Of course its possible to Transfer Settings from older to newer JD. Just copy the config and container folder. If you are referring to the few lost settings, we can not fix that. I already told you the reasons why sometimes this might happen.

And disconnecting JD from Internet? What for? 0.7 has no branch itself so it will always try to update. you have to disableupdate then, but before doing that you will have to get a complete 0.7 branch. also i dont understand why someone would revert to 0.7 that have more known bugs...
Old 07.09.2009, 13:51
remi

Cool

IMO, it's not logical to have to update immediately after you've downloaded and extracted a clean version of a software. I already know that plug-ins will update automatically whenever they change AND are used by the customer. Why can't we download a complete version and choose to update only when serious bugs have been solved or new interesting features have been added?

I don't remember I've seen this type of behaviour with any other software.
Old 07.09.2009, 13:54
JD Manager

you dont have to update when the version is complete (no missing files), just do not update and disable auto update
Old 07.09.2009, 17:28
search4bp

@Jiaz,
this is simply not correct, sorry to be so stubborn
When installing it even tells me that it will update to the latest version... and does it without giving me any choice to say 'no' to updates (that's why I unplugged the network connection). Why not just leaving it up to the user if she/he wants to update or not. As soon as the program is installed fully, yes, then I can choose if I want to disable the update feature. Like it is today it just makes not much sense to most of us simple users
:)
Hugs
Judith
btw: you don't have to feel bad now

@tony2long & remi,
there is even a question from Windoze... 'do you want to enter the information into the registry' (a simple registry patch) while installing a clean version 0.7 (downloaded from the official website link)... but in the meanwhile I found a 'uninstall.reg' (version 0.7.569) in 'tools\windows\' directory which I can use to clean out the broken registry stuff to re-install - have a look there and with this file you are all set

Last edited by search4bp; 07.09.2009 at 17:35.