JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > General Discussion
Closed Thread

Old 27.05.2009, 21:13
Community Manager

Default Trash

If you want me to, i can make some tutorial videos and get them on youtube (also hd) but maybe it's better to wait for some updates because i don't wanna show you bugs in the videos:biggrin:

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 27.05.2009, 21:21
joeprdekana

ok, to create a dlc. file first i have to add my links to download list
can u explain how?

for downloading through dlc. link the problem is that the link is not on my comp...i've got the link from a site
something like this "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
so after i add this link to linkgrabber what next?
Old 27.05.2009, 21:23
whattheheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightwave3d View Post
for the password....

before you start downloading.... you can setup the password by double clicking on the package.... a setting will popup below and you can now set the password by typing/paste it on Archive Password

to close the setting/dialog box, just click the button ( 3 arrow image ) on the upper right corner.....

:thumbup:
Thanks lightwave, for the better way of handling the archive password. I'm currently reworking the tutorial to fit the new info into the flow.

Rgds,
/heck
Old 27.05.2009, 21:26
joeprdekana

i figured it out...thank you guys
Old 28.05.2009, 06:21
JD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whattheheck View Post
Thanks lightwave, for the better way of handling the archive password. I'm currently reworking the tutorial to fit the new info into the flow.

Rgds,
/heck
no prob!

oh, yeah, it's called dialog pane!
Old 29.05.2009, 04:19
bbognerks

So, is there a way to have it extract to the download directory set by using the dialog pane in step 13? I'd like it to download and extract in the same directory, but your instructions make it sound like it will download in the specified directory and extract to the default directory.

P.S. Nice job on the new version. It's pretty. I just hope it works as well or better than the old version.

Last edited by bbognerks; 29.05.2009 at 04:22.
Old 29.05.2009, 08:12
JD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbognerks View Post
So, is there a way to have it extract to the download directory set by using the dialog pane in step 13? I'd like it to download and extract in the same directory, but your instructions make it sound like it will download in the specified directory and extract to the default directory.

P.S. Nice job on the new version. It's pretty. I just hope it works as well or better than the old version.
you can specify a directory where your downloads will be saved....

just click the select button and browse the directory where you want to save your downloads.....

Old 29.05.2009, 08:31
whattheheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolmies_underpants View Post
Step 11-13 (password): You can copy all of it in step 11, JD automagically extracts and adds the password as long as it's preceded by "pass", "password" or "pw" with either a colon or a space.

In other words all these will work:

pass: fakepass
pass fakepass
pass:fakepass
Thanks Tolmies_underpants,

I'll rework the guide to show that.

It's a really nice feature.

Rgds,
/heck.
Old 29.05.2009, 15:10
bbognerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightwave3d View Post
you can specify a directory where your downloads will be saved....

just click the select button and browse the directory where you want to save your downloads.....

That wasn't the question, but I got it figured out. I knew how to set the download directory for each package. The guide in the original post made it sound like even though you set a download directory for each package, that it would exctract to the default directory instead of the package download directory. This is not the case as it does extract to the package download directory.

I was just concerned that I would wake up this morning and have all my extracted files in the default directory and then have to move them to the directories I set when downloading. Seeing as how my download directories are on my home server, it would have been an extra transfer that wasn't necessary.

Thanks for the response though.
Old 29.05.2009, 16:58
whattheheck

Hi bbognerks,

I too misunderstood your original post.

I've updated the guide to clarify that it is possible to overide the default location for saving and extracting an archive, on a package by package basis.

Thanks for the feedback.

Rgds,
/heck
Old 29.05.2009, 18:36
Tolmies_underpants

Quote:
Thanks Tolmies_underpants,

I'll rework the guide to show that.

It's a really nice feature.

Rgds,
/heck.
You're welcome.

Keep up the good work.
Old 02.06.2009, 02:44
tifotif

Quote:
Hi All,

There's been a small but, i feel, significant change to the application usage in version 0.5.949, so i've updated the guide/tutorial to reflect this.

After the links get added to the linkgrabber, then if you have version 0.5.949, you can just click the blue "start download" triangle, at the top left of the application, which will automatically move the package to the download window, where download will begin immediately, if you previously accepted the link sites' "Terms of Service".

From looking at the posts in the forum over the past few days, the previous need to select “Add selected package(s)” in the linkgrabber window, in order to achieve the same effect, was catching out a lot of people.

Rgds,
/heck
Great tutor but
Where i could get the v0.5.949 or newer for windows?
Sorry to asking this stupid question...
coz http://jdownloader.org/download/index just list the version v0.5.917

I already download and tried v0.5.917 but when I update it, it always failed... already tried over and over, not to mention it almost always crash or freeze.

sometime i must used taskman to kill the javaw process, sometime must hard shutdown it by pressing the power button dont wanna cost the HDD coz by the updating process right?

PS: sorry for my bad english
Old 02.06.2009, 08:19
whattheheck

Hi tifotif,

I got to version 0.5.949 by doing a clean install of 0.5.917 and then doing the updates on that. The update process was slow and at times it seemed like the application had frozen or shut down completely, but i kept waiting and eventually it happened.

From looking at other threads the only problem seems to be that the update servers are currently overloaded, with so may users wanting the new version.

Rgds,
/heck
Old 02.06.2009, 09:09
Tolmies_underpants

Default Trash

Quote:
Hi All,

There's been a small but, i feel, significant change to the application usage in version 0.5.949, so i've updated the guide/tutorial to reflect this.

After the links get added to the linkgrabber, then if you have version 0.5.949, you can just click the blue "start download" triangle, at the top left of the application, which will automatically move the package to the download window, where download will begin immediately, if you previously accepted the link sites' "Terms of Service".

From looking at the posts in the forum over the past few days, the previous need to select “Add selected package(s)” in the linkgrabber window, in order to achieve the same effect, was catching out a lot of people.

Rgds,
/heck
Great tip and a very welcome feature. Will try it asap.

Thx.
Old 02.06.2009, 09:28
Botzi

thx for the new tutorial and thread sticked.
Old 02.06.2009, 09:52
remi

Cool

It's no wonder the update servers are overloaded wih requests.

I've set the option "Update only at user request", but whenever I start up jD 0.5 it tries to update the plugins. It's contradictory to my settings.
:confused:
Old 02.06.2009, 11:45
tifotif

Quote:
Hi tifotif,

I got to version 0.5.949 by doing a clean install of 0.5.917 and then doing the updates on that. The update process was slow and at times it seemed like the application had frozen or shut down completely, but i kept waiting and eventually it happened.
soo... when it seem freeze u just wait?! usually i'm gonna use the task man and kill the javaw process... gonna give it a try.. btw thank for the response.

Quote:
From looking at other threads the only problem seems to be that the update servers are currently overloaded, with so may users wanting the new version.

Rgds,
/heck
actually thats keep my wonder... if that's the main problem why the development team dont put the 0.5.949 at the http://jdownloader.org/download/index ?!

just my 2 cents
Old 02.06.2009, 21:40
JD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifotif View Post

actually thats keep my wonder... if that's the main problem why the development team dont put the 0.5.949 at the http://jdownloader.org/download/index ?!

just my 2 cents
I guess because 0.5.949 is just an update and not the original build.
Old 03.06.2009, 04:46
iceman2002benz

Default can not downing netload?

I use to have the older version and it worked great, now I updated to the new version and now I can copy it but when the new version tries to search if the link is good, it will reset itself and and not load any netload links........

all the other ones like mega and rapid works just fine.

please help
Old 05.06.2009, 21:53
canadacowboy

I have a premium account with rapid share, how exactly how I use my ID & PW with this jDownloader "Please"
Thanks
Bill
Old 05.06.2009, 22:07
jimpanse

You have to enable premium usage with a tick at the bottom left corner of JD. If you do a right click on this corner you can set your login/pw if you click rapidshare.com -> config -> premium config!
Old 06.06.2009, 04:03
pika3pika

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman2002benz View Post
I use to have the older version and it worked great, now I updated to the new version and now I can copy it but when the new version tries to search if the link is good, it will reset itself and and not load any netload links........

all the other ones like mega and rapid works just fine.

please help

do not update from older version (4.9.???) to JD 0.5.949 there might be a bug. i tried update from version 4 to version 5 and i can't even download. u better download jd 0.5.917 from this site and update to 0.5.949.
Old 06.06.2009, 13:46
canadacowboy

Thank you works great. Thank you for your help Jim
Old 14.07.2009, 02:35
dkcma

Default connection help

im having trouble with reconnection and connections it says my reconnection is not set up correctly and is only dl'ing one file a time and im premium RS and logged in with jdownloader
thanks for any help
donna
Old 14.07.2009, 11:18
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkcma View Post
im having trouble with reconnection and connections it says my reconnection is not set up correctly and is only dl'ing one file a time and im premium RS and logged in with jdownloader
thanks for any help
donna
Please, do a search on this board. There are zillions of posts on this subject.
Old 16.08.2009, 01:00
betterdude

15. The first link will now have to wait for approx. 2 minutes before download begins. Each subsequent link download will require a 15 minute wait before download can commence. This is limitation of downloading rapidshare links, without paying for a Premium Account. (Image N).

Image N

What f i have a premium account? How can i configure that? I've tried in many ways but all i've got is a error premium message
Old 16.08.2009, 01:10
betterdude

Talking Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpanse View Post
You have to enable premium usage with a tick at the bottom left corner of JD. If you do a right click on this corner you can set your login/pw if you click rapidshare.com -> config -> premium config!

:biggrin::biggrin:THESE were just the words i've been looking for in the forums. Now my premium accounts works full. THANK YOU.:thumbup::thumbup:
Old 05.09.2009, 03:58
gonzalo76

I could finally manage to use this program !

I also found a script to reconnect my router changing my IP.

Amazing software !

Many thanks
Gonzalo
Old 07.09.2009, 15:13
gasparin00

Thumbs down

first sorry for my english. please sombody helme i have problem with the reconnect. i cant shump the 15 minutes of rapidshare.
:outch:
Old 07.09.2009, 16:33
remi

Cool

Please, read http://jdownloader.org:8081/knowledg...sary/reconnect and http://jdownloader.org:8081/knowledg...nnect-recorder .

Note that this documentation was written for earlier versions of jD; in some cases it might no longer be relevant, or the GUI might have changed.
Old 08.09.2009, 04:29
BTDT

Question Get started?

see new post

Last edited by BTDT; 08.09.2009 at 05:29.
Old 14.09.2009, 10:08
hkBattousai

I want to cancel download of a single file in a package group. What do I have to do for this?
EDIT: You may advise me to make a search in this forum, I already did and the most relevant result was this thread.

Last edited by hkBattousai; 14.09.2009 at 10:11.
Old 14.09.2009, 11:50
English Supporter

Select it, right click, Disable.
Old 26.09.2009, 13:15
centaur

Default Trash

Hi.
I don't understand where is "comment" saving or what I have to do for automating comment saving?
JDownloader 0.8.324
Old 26.09.2009, 15:40
remi

Cool

Enable the JDInfo File Writer in Settings -> Plugins & Add-ons -> Extensions and your comments will be saved in the folder where you download your files.
Old 19.10.2009, 02:25
jdufus

I downloaded a link package, put them in the link grabber and its downloading just fine. Is there a way to see the full links before downloading?

Thanks!

ver 0.9.059

Last edited by jdufus; 19.10.2009 at 02:27. Reason: added version
Old 19.10.2009, 09:35
remi

Cool

It depends on the terminology you're using. If you mean a .dlc container, then no, the individual links in the container are protected. That's exactly the purpose of a .dlc container.
Old 19.10.2009, 23:05
jdufus

Thank you, that dawned on me shortly after posting.

Does it run from the folder jdownloader.exe is extracted to? I dont see installed to the computer.
Old 20.10.2009, 00:31
JD Manager

there is no installation, just extract jd and start it
best folder is c:\jdownloader, but others do also work. only with deskop and program files you might get problems.
Old 23.10.2009, 13:14
EGR

Question Installation Problem

Hi Folks!

I'm now using JDownloader and I have to say it's a great tool! But I'm facing a problem and would like to know if someone could help me.

Well, maybe I'm doing something wrong but I've done the installation processes some times and always happens the same: I've been able to install it and run for the first time with no problem. But it does not install any link or shortcut to run the program after the installation. So, if I close the program, I can't find how to run it again without going through all installation and configuration process again, showing this screen:

As I said, I may be doing something stupid, but please help me on how to run the program after the initial installation!

Thanks a lot!

ER

Last edited by EGR; 23.10.2009 at 13:52.
Closed Thread