JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 09.11.2010, 16:43
RoofingGuy

Default JD wouldn't open new connections

I would include logs, but the problem went away...which presumably means there's no way for anybody to answer my question definitively, but please bear with me...

I was having weird behavior from JD after the update to fix Rapidshare's flooding issue.

With Max.Con and Max.Dls both set to 4, like they've always been, JD would only do 2 files (from different hosts) at a time. When one finished, one of the others from another freehost would start up while that host waited, but I was perpetually stuck at a maximum of 2 active connections. I even restarted JD a couple of times to see if it would connect to more than 2 hosts at a time, but nothing changed.

When I tried upping the Maxes, eventually a third host tried connecting (when I upped the Maxes to 8), but the the third (and fourth) host would never connect. Each piece would fail out after initially "Connecting..." with the "Disconnected?" error.

But, since JD had been running for quite some time stuck at 2 hosts, and I'd been busy adding/removing packages and disabling/enabling packages trying to see if any other hosts would ever start up, I thought I'd help the coders by cleaning up the logs... I figured if I re-started JD, there'd be less superfluous info to sift through, and they'd have a better time seeing what was going on and why the other 2 freehosts weren't connecting.

But, by mistake (or by luck) I clicked "Check for New Updates" instead of "Restart", and it found new updates to apply. Once JD restarted, it's been back to all 4 connections running properly.

So, any clue why I'd been stuck at 2 instead of 4? Or, should I just forget about it and be happy that things are back to normal?

Last edited by RoofingGuy; 09.11.2010 at 16:46.
Old 10.11.2010, 07:29
JD English Support (inactive)

There was another package of plugin updates to fix some problems with the previous set. I think your problem is actually fixed. So, "Don't worry, be happy".

Of course, if you have any problems we still want to know! But thank you for updating before submitting a bug report. We have been asking people to update a lot today.

Dr Bits
Old 10.11.2010, 19:24
RoofingGuy

Thanks Dr. Bits.

I just wanted to try and confirm, for my own sanity, that it had been some kind of JD bug as opposed to an ID10T error with something I'd inadvertently done or not done, because if it was the latter, then I could learn to not do that again, but if it was the former, then there's nothing for me to do unless it happens again..

:)