Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23.10.2009, 14:20
EGR

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
there is no installation, just extract jd and start it
best folder is c:\jdownloader, but others do also work. only with deskop and program files you might get problems.
Hi Jiaz!

When I first run it, it asks me about my language, directory of download and other thinks that look like an installation. Do I have to answer all these questions every time I run it? Because I've not been able to run it twice without going through all this process again...

P.S.: I'm using Windows Vista

Thanks!

ER

Last edited by EGR; 23.10.2009 at 14:54.
Old 23.10.2009, 17:05
JD Manager

you have to extract jd to eg c:\jdownloader
and run it from there and jd will rememeber and you can start it by starting jdownloader.exe or jdownloader.jar

DO NOT RUN from within the archive all settings,downloads, links will be lost
Old 24.10.2009, 10:37
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGR View Post
But it does not install any link or shortcut to run the program after the installation. So, if I close the program, I can't find how to run it again without going through all installation and configuration process again, showing this screen
You can create a short-cut on your desktop by right clicking on the jDownloader.exe file and selecting Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut)
Old 28.10.2009, 23:11
bariko

Thank you for the nice guide!
But why I can't see the images?
Old 29.10.2009, 10:05
remi

Cool

Which images?
Old 08.11.2009, 14:38
vimothy

The images at the start of this thread -- the ones that show you how to use JDownloader. I can't see them either.

I'm using the new JDownloader and I can't understand it. It works fine for DLC files, but it won't let me load individual links. I copy a bunch of RS links, click "add URLs" (it doesn't seem to load them automatically any more), and paste me RS links. So far, it makes sense. But then it only gives me two options: "cancel" or "parse URLs". Neither option loads the links! If I click cancel, it cancels. If I click parse URLs -- the same thing happens, which is nothing! The links disappear, they don't go into the download window.

I must have been through this process about twenty times yesterday....
Old 08.11.2009, 15:53
remi

Cool

I can see the images. Do you have an option in your browser to switch images off?

In order to get your links in the Downloads pane, you need to click on the "Continue" button. I know many people have problems with this, and the meaningless name of the button is probably the cause of this problem.
Old 09.11.2009, 00:13
stevaz

Default Help on JDownloader 9.579

Any tutorial for JDownloader 9.579? I download it but don't know how to operate it.
Old 09.11.2009, 10:49
remi

Cool

Good question , but I'm afraid there isn't any in English. I don't know about other languages.

There have been tutorials (starter's guides) for previous versions, but not for the current version. I suppose people are afraid of starting another one, because the Human Machine Interface hasn't been stable for several months.

I'm preparing a better (less)F.A.Q. based on all the posts I find in the forum. It will cover installation, how to get started, how to configure XYZ, etc. but it's progressing slowly, because of time constraints.

For the time being and unless someone updates the "Absolute Beginner's guide", you'll need to use your imagination and the information you'll find in the forums (use board search), the current FAQ and Wiki knowledge base.
Old 09.11.2009, 12:50
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevaz View Post
Any tutorial for JDownloader 9.579? I download it but don't know how to operate it.
visit supportchat, and i will show you with teamviewer.com the basics

generally just add bunch of links to linkgrabber, select some and rightclick contiue with or press continue or start button to accept all
then switch to downloadview and press start button
Old 24.11.2009, 21:25
JD English Support (inactive)

Quote:
it won't let me load individual links.
1) Check that you don't have a web-protect function in your antivirus or other security software. If you do, turn it off (it is a waste or resources anyway). Security software with lots of parts (like Avast!) cause real problems, and this can be one of them.
2) You have to fix the individual links function before parse URLs will work properly. Otherwise, your security software gets to block the links before JD can process them.
3) See Jiaz notes all over the forum about this.
Old 24.11.2009, 21:36

Jiaz or PSP: Can you at least change the thread title to show version 6 (which is what is documented here?
Also, if there is a tentative roadmap of expected UI changes (I don't mean the bug database, but a simpler list), I can help create an updated tutorial from this one. Most of the instructions are still correct, but the screen-shots have changed. The roadmap is necessary, because we would want to document something that works at least for the next two or three releases.

When I say help, I mean that I would do most of the work, but one of you would have to check it before it gets posted. Perhaps it should be in the Wiki instead of the board?
Old 25.11.2009, 02:03
JD Manager

The GUI layout is currently in very stable situation. Maybe in future some little improvements to rightclick menus (cleanup) and some more buttons. but the layout will stay the same with its tabs and settings will also stay same layout
Old 08.12.2009, 08:34
masrah

Default Trash

Hi,

I have ownly recently atarted using Jdownloader 9.759 and am quite happy with it. I have a few items I need help on:
1. How do I stop the automatic extraction of files (I know that I can go to each individual link and uncheck the box but is there another way?)
2. Each separately added link becomes a package. How do I stop this?
3. How can I start downloading a single file (I know I can specify the number of downloads and connections)?

Having used flashget all this time I must say this is one fantastic software!!!

Cheers

masrah
Old 08.12.2009, 10:28
remi

Cool

1) You can disable all extraction by disabling the JD Unrar add-on in Settings -> Basics -> Plugins & Add-ons -> Extensions.

2) you can't stop jD creating packages, but you can join all or selected packages into one package, by selecting them and choosing Merge to one package in the right click menu.

3) You can add one link by selecting the link and choosing Add selected link from the right click menu.

When you'll have used jD for some time, you'll forget Flashget forever.
Old 09.12.2009, 15:28
masrah

Hi Remi,

New problem. I have somehow managed to delete JDownloader and had to reinstall. Now after the updates when I copy linksave.in or crypt-it links the linkgrabber does not work automatically. I have to add the URL and it woks for crypt-it but for linksave it opens up explorer and takes me thru the keying in the number etc process. Any reason why. I am now using the Xmas version 0.9.579

Thanks

Last edited by masrah; 10.12.2009 at 07:22.
Old 10.12.2009, 08:21

Those are not file hosts. They are intermediaries they hide the real links.

These are hard to work with, and untrustworthy, so the team probably removed them. Only the most common intermediaries are supported.

Add URL(s) takes the extra step of searching for known hosts on the web page you have identified. The actual link was probably available for crypt-it, but linksave.in contains anti-automation technology and hides the actual link, so you had to overcome the anti-automation technology (typing in the Captcha number).

If you want these supported, please add a request entry in the Decrypter-Plugins forum. Make sure to follow the rules in the sticky posts. Also, collect several links that use each one and include them in your message. Make sure that the links actually connect with existing files (in your browser).

Ideally, you should also enclose a log of a session in which you tried at least one link from each site. That should be all that you do in that JD run.

The log is now hidden. There is a command in the ? menu to show it.

Do not be surprised if the request is denied or if it takes months for the team to fulfill the request. They do their best, but they are overworked.

Last edited by drbits; 10.12.2009 at 08:38.
Old 10.12.2009, 19:14
JD Manager

linksave uses cnl2. that means it opens the link in browser so you use the clickandload feature of it. this only happens when you enter the link directly

1.) linksave.in -> will open it in browser so you can click the cnl button
2.) xy -> linksave.in -> will not open in browser

same goes for other services that provide cnl2.

you can disable it in settings if you dont want it.
Old 16.12.2009, 23:48
israsia

Default hi thanks for the perfect tutorial

how do i insert my rapidshare login to avoid the 15 minutes waiting?
thanks
henry
Old 17.12.2009, 00:41
JD Manager

settings-hoster-premium, add it there
Old 19.12.2009, 04:11
Labelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeprdekana View Post
thank you very much for this very useful tutorial
any chance on something similar about how to create dlc.files and how to download using dlc. files
Newbie New here,

wots a DLC ? and wots it for?
Old 19.12.2009, 10:31
remi

Cool

There are at least 5 applications that use the .dlc extension.

In the context of downloading, .dlc files are encrypted files containing download links.

jD can open these container files and download the files corresponding to the protected links.
Old 28.12.2009, 01:51
aoikatana

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightwave3d View Post
to create a .dlc file all you need to do is to select the package, left click and select Create DLC

to open a .dlc file... go to Link Grabber and click Open Containers then browse your .dlc file.... once loaded... select the package and click Add all packages or Add selected package(s) to include it on the Download list....

:thumbup:
I still having problem with this. Everytime i try to add the dlc file into linkgrabber, i got a message as follow "container error:server claims: http://service.jdownloader.org/dlcrypt/service.phpDLC Fehler:null"
then nothing appears loaded on the linkgrabber. what's the problem here actually?
Old 28.12.2009, 05:32

The error message says the JDownloader decryption service has an unknown error (Fehler:null) with the DLC. Your DLC is causing an error, it could be corrrupted, outdated, or in an unsupported format.

Please provide a URL to the DLC you are uploading. If it is not alone on the page, please describe which one you are trying to use.
Old 29.12.2009, 06:40
newguy1480

There is little known fact about selecting the rapidshare servers and setting maximum download speed. Can anyone help in that?
Old 29.12.2009, 09:53
remi

Cool

If you mean the RS server selection in the settings of the RS host, then you need to experiment yourself, because it probably depends on your geographical position.

The maximum download speed can be set in the Max.Dls. (bottom right corner of jD window).

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your question.
Old 29.12.2009, 13:30
aoikatana

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
The error message says the JDownloader decryption service has an unknown error (Fehler:null) with the DLC. Your DLC is causing an error, it could be corrrupted, outdated, or in an unsupported format.

Please provide a URL to the DLC you are uploading. If it is not alone on the page, please describe which one you are trying to use.
Hi drbits,

Thanks for the reply. If I remember correctly, I got it from http://jdownloader.org/download/index server #2

Thanks.

Last edited by aoikatana; 29.12.2009 at 14:26. Reason: sorry, i don't get your explanation just now, actually i got those dlc file from rslinks.org
Old 29.12.2009, 17:41
newguy1480

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
If you mean the RS server selection in the settings of the RS host, then you need to experiment yourself, because it probably depends on your geographical position.

The maximum download speed can be set in the Max.Dls. (bottom right corner of jD window).

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your question.
thank you remi a big smooch for you regardless of gender
Old 30.12.2009, 01:45
scotchy19

Default downloads not working

what does download currently not possible mean???? I have tried a few games, they all say the same thing?? also, can you be downloading for than one thing on it at once or should i just do one at a time?
Old 30.12.2009, 10:48
remi

Cool

If a download is currently not possible, then you need to wait until the host server is ready.

Please, provide links if you want more details.

If you are a free downloader, then most hosts allow only one download at a time. Try to download from more hosts at a time.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your question(s).
Old 27.01.2010, 23:13
scotchy19

can I have more than one file downloading my jdownloader at a time? how do i change that setting? thanks,
Old 28.01.2010, 09:42
remi

Cool

The setting is Max.Dls..
Old 31.01.2010, 07:16
animebuster

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to automate the ip address resetting when i have reached the download limit for free users on rapidshare?

thanks
Old 03.02.2010, 07:40
animebuster

Old 12.02.2010, 07:36
bolt1

I wanted to know why after im done downloading the movie and i view it, it looks pixelated?
w a pic that shows how pixelated it looks. do you have any idea?
Old 12.02.2010, 11:41
remi

Cool

That's dependent on the quality of the downloaded video file.
Old 13.02.2010, 07:26

If you want to watch a 45 minute television show, the downloaded file should be 340MB or larger for a good quality display. The ultra-compressed 99MB files are just not very clear.

If you are going to watch the image at its downloaded resolution (maybe 320 by 180), it will look OK. If you watch it magnified more than 3 times that size, it will look pixelated or blurred.
Old 13.02.2010, 09:09
bolt1

here is a sample **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** e out thanks for the time

Last edited by bolt1; 13.02.2010 at 09:13.
Old 13.02.2010, 12:47
remi

Cool

I recommend reading about video codecs (wikipedia page :- hXXp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_codec) and you'll understand more about which factors determine the quality of video files.
Closed Thread