JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Problems & Bug Reports

Old 12.06.2022, 01:49
Black Hole

Default custom theme getting deleted during update

so I followed the instructions to install this dark mode theme (would still be nice to just have an official dark mode, wink wink) here and after updating JD, it always went back to the default bright theme. after some very frustrating investigation I found that the issue was that the theme files in \libs\laf were getting removed during update and the next time JD started, those files were missing so it defaulted back to the original. Then when you try to change the theme back is has to re-download them and you have to restart JD. I also noticed that after a recent update and even when the dark theme is restored, the contents of org.jdownloader.settings.GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.json changes and the file is reduced in size from 12KB to 7KB. Left is before the update, Right is after the update.

I'm not sure what that means or if it even matters but anyways I can now put the theme back the way I had it now that I know what the issue is but it would be nice if JD just had a default dark mode so this wouldn't happen but at the very least it would be nice if JD wasn't wiping out my theme every time I updated it.
Old 12.06.2022, 11:49
JD Manager

@fuknuckle: recently there has been update to Synthetica theme to fix this https://board.jdownloader.org/showth...&highlight=mac
This required update to syntheticaBlackEye.jar and that's the reason why the custom file got replaced. I've just tested and I could not reproduce the replacement *problem* because there has been no changes to this file.
The changes in org.jdownloader.settings.GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.json are caused by different JSON formatter settings but it has no influence on the settings themselves.
Old 12.06.2022, 11:50
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuknuckle View Post
so I followed the instructions to install this dark mode theme and after updating JD, it always went back to the default bright theme.
This issue has been fixed recently. And it only happened because of the update to https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...75&postcount=2
I am no longer able to reproduce the issue of "losing" theme on updates.
Old 12.06.2022, 11:53
JD Manager

Quote:
but it would be nice if JD just had a default dark mode so this wouldn't happen
I will add the Vinylwalk3r dark-theme as dedicated them to available theme drop down.

Quote:
but at the very least it would be nice if JD wasn't wiping out my theme every time I updated it.
Please report back in case you still encounter this issue despite no changes/updates from our side to Synthetica laf.
Old 18.06.2022, 09:30
JD Manager

@fuknuckle: with next core update the *temporarily loss of laf settings* will be fixed.
Old 20.06.2022, 16:54
JD Manager

finally found/fixed the issue