JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 19.12.2012, 21:41
unixlearn

Default How to get JDlauncher for unix?

On two seperate installs of freebsd and kde on the same machine, i downloaded JDownloader.zip and extracted it into my home directory. I backed up my home directory the first time and noticed that the directories were different. You can view the directories here. the first one contains extra files and directories. I do not know how i got them because both downloads of JDownloader.zip appears to be the same.

A key extra file is the JDlauncher. it is a clickable file that launches JDownloader rather than having to open terminal and typing
Code:
java -jar JDownloader.jar
If it helps to know the contentents JDlauncher, i have posted the script **External links are only visible to Support Staff**here.

I know that i can just copy and paste the old folder (which i have) to use. however, i would like to know what happened the first time and how i can duplicate results. did java create the extra files and directories? also can this be integrated with KDE the same way the other programs are? Can i can just click on the apps menu and open it from there?
Old 20.12.2012, 04:18
English Supporter

you can also launch it via jdupdate.jar which will auto update then run jdownloader.jar after, which makes sure you have updates prior to starting. There are two linux jd.sh one with just the script (in the numbered guide), the other with script + jd contents combined (download table).

the main differences is with the extra binaries are they from an older installer, and most of those files are required for windows os of course.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 20.12.2012, 19:08
unixlearn

Default where did they come from?

this doesn't tell me where the extra files of the first download came from which is the whole question of my post.
Old 21.12.2012, 09:03
English Supporter

old install = extra lot of older files which may or may not be included/used any longer. Thought I explained that, maybe not that clearly.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 21.12.2012, 16:04
unixlearn

i don't think that's it since, i looked at the older .zip file (which was only a week older i think from 2 weeks ago) and it didn't contain the other files. i believe the older files (including the jdlauncher) came after the extraction somehow.