JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 08.06.2013, 12:39
-mp-

Default download links gone, but it was working fine

My download list is gone. but not after a crash, or any other problem. it was working fine!
i stopped the downloads and exited jd2beta as usual, i waited for the program to disappear from my active processes and then i shutdown my pc. today i reopened it and... no download list at all!

yes, i know that jd stores the download list in a .zip files, so i checked them and find out that the last one created yesterday was corrupted (unexpected end of archive, something like that). luckily i still had another one created yesterday in the morning, so i deleted all the .zip created after the last good one and restarted jd, hoping to see my downloads back again, but no, still an empty page (and let me to say that 5 backups by default are not enough. i increased the limit to 20 but only now, after i had the problem!) .

is there something i can do? i've a backup of the last good downloadList .zip but i'm afraid today i've restarted jd more that 5 times before increasing the limit of backups.

please, help me

Last edited by -mp-; 08.06.2013 at 13:36.
Old 21.09.2013, 01:45
Spanish Supporter

The problem of the download list has disappeared, will be fixed in the next core update.

However, try to do it:
1. Make a backup of the files .zip > If you haven't one at the moment (Yes, I read that you made a backup, but I don't know if you still keep it). The files are in the CFG folder.
2. Delete the files .zip (only keep the file which has the highest size)
3. Start JD2.

If that does not work, open the file .zip with the highest size, and delete the last enumerated file or delete the first file (depends on which file is corrupted), and try again.

Installer for Windows XP/Vista/Seven/Eight
|| JD2 x86 - x64 (Beta) ||

Installer for Mac
|| JD2 (Beta) ||

Installers for Linux
|| JD2 (Beta) x86 || <---> || JD2 (Beta) x64 ||

How to Create a Log
-» Click Here «-

¿Cómo crear un registro?
-» Click Aquí «-

Support Chat / Chat de Soporte
-» Click Here / Click Aquí «-

Last edited by Lram32; 21.09.2013 at 02:03.
Old 25.09.2013, 08:24
-mp-

Thanks for the reply.
I decided to open a new thread about that because the others with the same situation reported also that it happened after some kind of problem (power failure, app crash...) but to me, it happened after a regular closing.

I had many packages (because I use jd as some sort of "source link backup"), so I had also thousands of links. When I've noticed I could read those files inside the .zip I started checking them... yes, one by one, until I realized that the corrupted package was one with 8000+ links inside (it was an image folder). In that package instead of the regular structure there was a twentyish alphanumeric sequence. It wasn't the last one, it was at about 2/3 of the list (it was created some time before the problem).

However I've noticed that when I close it, jd creates the package list backup twice, and if the dimension is higher than about 30MB the second is always created corrupted, with only a few packages inside (let's say 5MB instead of 30).

If I may say, while I appreciate that you're working on a fix, you should keep the possibility of a manual intervention on the backup list, like now.
Old 05.10.2013, 10:12
wahooo

Suffering same problem right now:(

Faq link on empty link list links to some german instructions, not helpful for English speakers.

I tried deleting the low size downloadlist.zips but it still fails to load.

I'm looking at the numbered files in notepad right now from the zip, they are readable so far, just how garbled is the corrupt one supposed to be? I have 500 files to go through:(