JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29.12.2016, 02:16
Black Hole

Default How to change hardcoded wait times in plugins? e.g. filejoker.net

I suppose the easy question would be to just ask to have the plugin modified- in my case, it's the filejoker plugin, which has a 1-hour hardcoded wait time between downloads, even though in my case/configuration the actual wait time is 45 minutes. Filejoker doesn't have an actual timer on their page that says how long to wait, so JD is hardcoded to a best guess (which it probably my fault for requesting the 1-hour wait, because that's what I though it was when it turns out it's 45 minutes).

So, what I have to do is wait for the wait timer in JD to count down to 15 minutes or less. Then I have to RESET the link, which clears the timer, then force the download if it doesn't start automatically. This has the downside of occasionally starting the wrong download, since it often starts the next one in line rather than the one I reset (if I wasn't downloading the max number of simultaneous downloads).

I'd much rather be able to change it locally, because depending on conditions the wait timer can change (host changes it, etc). Of course it appears that setting is placed in compiled java, and I'm not a programmer (I know enough about Java to probably break it if I tried to decomplie/recomplile it myself)

Be nice if that setting was in the plugin's settings. This of course isn't the only plugin with this issue, though it's the one I run into the most right now.

So actually this is either a plugin defect request or a feature request.